OUYA (oh-yeah?) The New Android-based Console

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: OUYA (oh-yeah?) The New Android-based Console

Post by Pyrizzle »

Looks like a flop to me, why pay that much money when you can play from your phone?

It looks cool as heck though, i hope my predictions are wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: OUYA (oh-yeah?) The New Android-based Console

Post by fiernaq »

Because that's $100 for a console that it supposed to be on par with a ps3 or xbox 360 (both of which cost at least $400). A console is different from a phone in that it can be vastly more powerful, not have to worry about battery life or space for cooling down all that power, connect directly to an HD TV for video output, have full size controllers, and can accept a much larger variety of games/applications because of all that. In other words, a phone is an extremely limited device in terms of what can be developed for it whereas a console allows developer freedom to say "oh hey, we can do that because this is a full console and not just a little phone!"
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013