v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

The true Enemy

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Redemption
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

The true Enemy

Post by Redemption »

I take it in the end the real enemy/boss will be Kazual and that neither the Shadow people (VIleguard) or the ruling kingdom (forgot the names) are evil and are most probably being controlled from the shadows by Kazual into having those 2 main powers fight against each other while he conducts his experiments or plan into action. The whole Prim and Blackwater issue with monsters coming out of nowhere with the Kazual shrine in middle of it all leads me to believe that was but a testing ground for his true targets. Also u were technically turned into a sacrifice towards Kazual - with the lich Toszulae infecting u with some parasite after u told the guardian infront of lich "My body for Kazual". This all leads me to believe that Kazual is the true menace - and also I somehow think he controls Andor (who I believe went to invetigate Kazual but was caught by Kazual instead) to do his bidding - what makes me think this is cuase apparently Andor was the one that infected the Loneford well intending to make the citizens ill/die.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: The true Enemy

Post by Pyrizzle »

Redemption wrote:I take it in the end the real enemy/boss will be Kazual and that neither the Shadow people (VIleguard) or the ruling kingdom (forgot the names) are evil and are most probably being controlled from the shadows by Kazual into having those 2 main powers fight against each other while he conducts his experiments or plan into action. The whole Prim and Blackwater issue with monsters coming out of nowhere with the Kazual shrine in middle of it all leads me to believe that was but a testing ground for his true targets. Also u were technically turned into a sacrifice towards Kazual - with the lich Toszulae infecting u with some parasite after u told the guardian infront of lich "My body for Kazual". This all leads me to believe that Kazual is the true menace - and also I somehow think he controls Andor (who I believe went to invetigate Kazual but was caught by Kazual instead) to do his bidding - what makes me think this is cuase apparently Andor was the one that infected the Loneford well intending to make the citizens ill/die.
The shadow could be good, it could be evil. there is no telling at this point in the game.

You have some interesting ideas for a storyline here. The Kazul can be could troublesome and there is no saying if they will be up to no good later on.

:mrgreen: Happy hunting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

There are a LOT more factions than you percieve in this game... Not to be a spoilsport, though, this sounds like a fun idea, like what you see in the endgame thread. But like I said, there are a lot of factions that don't fit into the analysis.
For one, why does the thieve's guild try to get Feygard and the Shadow priests into open war? (Sending Andor to find Lodar and poison the well of Loneford under the name of the Shadow priests, sending the thieves to assist Rogorn in stealing a painting, and Alishara of the thieves guild persuading you to take Feygard supplies to the Vilegard smith instead.)

And where does the Kazaul versus Elythara storyline go? It has been stated by Oskar himself that Kazaul and Elythara are both old, forgotten gods, which may or may not exist. And Kazaul is called "defiler of the Elytharean temple", and "destroyer of bright dreams". The first would indicate that Kazaul was someone, or something, who didn't believe in Elythara and waged a holy war with The mother of light's followers. The second seems to imply that Kazaul is evil, while Elythara is good. (But then again, "bright dreams" might only refer to Elythara's affinity with light).

And afterwards came the Shadow. In Fallhaven, down in the booklover's basement, you can see that he has a statue of Elythara, on which is enscribed "Elythara, Mother of light. Protect us from the curse of the Shadow." This would imply that the Shadow came afterwards and its followers started to oppose the old gods. And the old gods are now all but forgotten... Except in the booklover's vast hoards of knowledge, and in the blockaded Blackwater mountain.

Therefore, I conclude that Kazaul may or may not be evil, and Kazaul opposed Elythara, and both were destroyed by the newcomers, followers of the Shadow, who are now threatened by the newer still rule of the atheist and believer in law and order, lord Geomyr, who also threatens the activities of the thieves guild.

As Kazaul and Elythara may or may not exist in physical terms, it would be difficult to have Andor investigate something that isn't there. Also, as there are many other factors to be considered before we may draw conclusions on Andor's world. If I have missed any other factions, (Some of the more powerful players can pretty much be a faction themselves, right, Sarumar?) please correct me.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Redemption

Post by Redemption »

There is also another option ased on what u said " "Elythara, Mother of light. Protect us from the curse of the Shadow." This would imply that the Shadow came afterwards and its followers started to oppose the old gods." A person could deduct that since they only asked Elythara to protect them from the Shadow and not Kazual as well that after the holy war were both gods were killed that the Shadow showed up taking power - that the Shadow's true purpose is the ressurection of Kazual - Blackwater settlement's priest keeps receipting things about Kazual - and as far I know Blackwater are Shadow supporters - backs this theory up. As far as the thieve's guild go with them inciting war between the 2 is that it keeps lord Geomyr that wants them all in jail preoccupied and off their backs. Also bussiness is blooming for them in both easier to steal and from more people buying weapons from their "blackmarket". Which reminds me - a hint to everyone do not do the "Night Visit" quest given by Farrik quickly since after u accept it u can never again have access to some of the best items in game sold by him.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Indeed... this realm is intresting one with lots of differend paths.. No one cannot tell you the full legend of AT.. until it is completed.

Intresting thoughts here, some whispers and ideas like player as a faction...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

There is no telling what will happen in the future.

Nothing but whispers and stories discovered along the way.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

Redemption wrote:I take it in the end the real enemy/boss will be Kazual and that neither the Shadow people (VIleguard) or the ruling kingdom (forgot the names) are evil and are most probably being controlled from the shadows by Kazual into having those 2 main powers fight against each other while he conducts his experiments or plan into action. The whole Prim and Blackwater issue with monsters coming out of nowhere with the Kazual shrine in middle of it all leads me to believe that was but a testing ground for his true targets. Also u were technically turned into a sacrifice towards Kazual - with the lich Toszulae infecting u with some parasite after u told the guardian infront of lich "My body for Kazual". This all leads me to believe that Kazual is the true menace - and also I somehow think he controls Andor (who I believe went to invetigate Kazual but was caught by Kazual instead) to do his bidding - what makes me think this is cuase apparently Andor was the one that infected the Loneford well intending to make the citizens ill/die.
Redemption wrote:There is also another option ased on what u said " "Elythara, Mother of light. Protect us from the curse of the Shadow." This would imply that the Shadow came afterwards and its followers started to oppose the old gods." A person could deduct that since they only asked Elythara to protect them from the Shadow and not Kazual as well that after the holy war were both gods were killed that the Shadow showed up taking power - that the Shadow's true purpose is the ressurection of Kazual - Blackwater settlement's priest keeps receipting things about Kazual - and as far I know Blackwater are Shadow supporters - backs this theory up. As far as the thieve's guild go with them inciting war between the 2 is that it keeps lord Geomyr that wants them all in jail preoccupied and off their backs. Also bussiness is blooming for them in both easier to steal and from more people buying weapons from their "blackmarket". Which reminds me - a hint to everyone do not do the "Night Visit" quest given by Farrik quickly since after u accept it u can never again have access to some of the best items in game sold by him.
I guess I am missing something here. For the story not to be fully finished these are some really good thoughts on the way things could go. I have read the majority of the posts on here in the last few week and have yet to come across that much thought in the storyline.

I guess where others see critical thoughts, I see an opportunity ;)

Redemption - see PM :)
Redemption

Post by Redemption »

Ehm you deleted PM Taledus :o

and yeah game is nowhere near to being complete - I mean it can go pretty much in any direction still but these seem most likely scenario I think :mrgreen:
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

if you are interested in writing, or at least brain-storming...
we can get you the Design Outline that Oskar wrote up.

[it helps us better understand what he was intending when he started writing]

stuff like...
these "gods" are either a.) not gods at all or b.) just small cults at this point
(in the past, there was a greater following)

and...
Good & Evil are not clear cut, people are driven to action by reasonable motivation

that last one is insanely EPIC because of the type of game this is, many choices...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Yeah, I think Oskar said that he didn't want there to be a clear line saying: Here be the boundary between good and evil. He wanted a huge grey area in which both sides believe that they are good and the other is evil.
Hey guys, I'm back.