Andor's Trail Lore - Tell your tale (In Character)

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Re: Andor's Trail Lore - Tell your tale (In Character)

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I cleave through another spider, the Shadow of the Slayer and an unholy bloodlust filling me with energy. I smile proudly at the devastation I see behind me, before returning my gaze to the situation at hand.

Again, I find myself surrounded by three of these spiders... but this time will be different. This time, I'm stronger. The Shadow of the Slayer in my hands, fire in my eyes, tough leather armour and tougher skin beneath, and of course, The Ring on the ring finger of my right hand. The Shadow of the Slayer had slain so many that its entire length shone with a red, bloody sheen.

A roar burst out of me, as I cleaved right through the first spider. Pouncing on the opportunity, I laid into another before the spiders gathered their wits. Fierce, fighting energy coursed through my veins as I battled furiously with the two spiders, landing one devastating blow after another, and felling another one of their number.

Now the odds are evened! I cried out. One against one... yet now I'm so tired... and my sight has grown blurred... it would feel so good, it would be so easy, to just lie down and give up... yes, it would... NO!!! I am Wyrmspawn, and I will never die at the hands of mere spiders! I gulp down a blackwater brew, and, grinning idiotically, I begin to make clumsy, slashing blows at the cursed spider... Hah, that's the best you can do? I hear a voice shout but it can't be mine because it sounds drunk and I'm not drunk, I'm not drunk and I finally land in a blow smashing that cursed biting spider skull.

Shaking my head clear of the battle rage and intoxication, I find the entire area cleared of spiders... And my body dripping with wounds. Many of which look poisoned. As I slowly drift into unconciousness, I make myself a mental note: Never, ever put bonemeal potions and blackwater brews next to each other... or you might just make a fatal mix-up...
Last edited by Wyrmspawn on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

This highway robber must have a death wish. Robbing me? That's got to be a joke. I considered giving him a thousand gold for his bravery... after all, I have only too much gold to contend with... but decided against it. It would be far more fun to start a fight with him.

So, here I am, fighting this robber. Luckily I did have a lot of time to practice my fencing skills, (one of the few perks of being an adventurer), and every single blow he sent at me was almost effortlessly deflected. "Ooh, look at the big bad robber, helpless in the blade of the eeny weeny little boy!" I grinned. Annoyingly. "Your mother must be so proud of you, beating up children for their money... Now, now now, it's rude to point, even if it's only with a sword..."

"Will you stand still for a blasted second?!" He shouted angrily.

"Nope, don't feel like it." I grin. " Oooh! You've got some nice moves up there... tell me, who trained you? I'll tell my 3-year old cousin to never ever learn fencing from him."

"Shut up for just one, blasted second! Or you'll get it, boy!" He exploded, waving his sword about in a whirlwind of blows. None of which got within three feet of me.

"Well, that's been fun, but I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a hurry. It's been nice knowing you," I add, remembering my manners at the last moment before I cut his head off in one clean blow. Really, if I had 54 gold coins in my purse, I would at least buy a better weapon before I set out to rob anyone...
Last edited by Wyrmspawn on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Konizooka
android_version: 4.0

Post by Konizooka »

Wyrmspawn wrote: "Will you stand still for a blasted second?!" He shouted angrily.

"Nope, don't feel like it." I grin. " Oooh! You've got some nice moves up here... tell me, who trained you? I'll tell my 3-year old cousin to never ever learn fencing from him."
:lol: Ur dialogues are perfect. Could actually imagine the look on highway man's face!! Great writing :mrgreen:
When everyone is against you, there's always the Shadow standing with you.Image
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Together, we struggled, silently grappling at each other, me stabbing quickly fo little effect, it occasionally landing a dizzying blow on me. I made a mental note to never ever steal from a king again. Regardless of whether he's dead or not. Because the dead have a rather unappreciatable gift for coming back...

I was fighting against the ghost of King Luthor. Armed only with the quickstrike dagger and the Jewel of Fallhaven, while the dead king was dressed in the splendours of an ancient warrior. To my advantage was that my equipment was new, while his had been rotting in the depths of a church, and that my body is faster (if not stronger) than his. To his favour, however, was the unnerving ability to become immune to pain, and his surprising strength. I had fought others before, yet none of them were able to keep on after me with injuries half as grievious as the dead king's. And it is very unnerving to watch something bled almost dry, with a dislocated arm and a fractured skull rushing silently at you.

A mixture of luck, youth, and natural agility allowed me to land in five blows in a row, finally decapitating the dead king. Its head rolled to my feet. Its body lurched about for a moment, and I tensed, half expecting it to stumble into me... but it too fell to the ground. I heaved a sigh of relief and relaxed, sheathing my dagger and preparing to loot the corpse.

"How could you have done that?" I voice moaned by my feet. I must have jumped a foot into the air. "In my life, I had fought countless beasts and defeated endless humans... And in death I could only be stronger. My fate could only be to remain undefeated for all eternity... So, how? And by a child!" The dying skull groaned.

"Your fate just changed, dude." I muttered, eliciting a sharp crunch from his skull as I leapt onto it. I looked back at the corpse, and I saw to my surprise that it was disintegrating. I shuddered at the pieces of brain stuck to my bare feet (I sold my boots for the quickstrike dagger). Gingerly I took the key from the disappearing corpse, just before it too disintegrated. My fingers itched so much that I also took a Major Vial of Health. He won't be needing it, anyway, I told myself. Turning back towards the exit, I gulped down the health potion and started to feel better about stealing it, as I steeled myself for fighting my way out again.
Last edited by Wyrmspawn on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

"Kill him!!!" Roared my lord. Shrouded in shadows, mighty, terrible, and most kind and gracious, I would follow my lord to my death. Killing for him would be simple. I had done so before. Andor sits before me in chains, eyes spitting fire and mouth spitting oaths. "Brother! I had always known you would side with the wrong side! Would that I never taught you the arts of the sword, you ingrateful two-faced liar!" He cursed. Then the man beside him strikes him, so hard that he fell to the floor, unconcious. Laughing maniacally, I raise my sword from up high, and, with the nod of approval from my lord, I prepare to plunge the sword into Andor, as I have done to so many others before for my lord...

With a great shout, I awaken just before the sword strikes Andor. The same dream for months now... And every time it goes longer than before. A week ago, I couldn't even see who it was I was about to kill. Last night, I had just started laughing when I woke up in cold sweat... It doesn't matter where I berth. The dreams follow me from Remgard to Blackwater. Would I truly kill Andor for my lord? Wait. Who is my lord? Money? Lord Geomyr? The Shadow? I sit on the bed, staring folornly into the darkness, as if it would yield and give me answers.

I manage to smile slightly as the merest glimmer of light shines over the horizon. Andor, wherever you are, I will find you. That is all that matters. This journey has changed me in ways I never expected it to. But a shadow of a thought in the back of my mind seemed to whisper darkly at me. I tried to brush it off from the rest of my mind, but I couldn't help but ponder its words. It has been a good journey, true. But would the end of the journey be to my liking?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

+1 to all!
AWESOME STORIES!!!!

KEEP EM COMING! Definitly inspiring me to write another one!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The world drips down my eyelids like an oil painting. All I can hear now is the the laughter of the witch. "Well, for one moment there you had me worried. I thought adventurers were tough. Why don't you come back in a few years when you can actually use an axe?" She sniggers. At another time I would have leapt up in rage, proving the gutsplitter's worth. At another time, I wouldn't have three holes clean through my torso. At another time shadows wouldn't be creeping into the edges of my vision. At another time... But that's a tale for another time, I think woozily, as I succumb to the wounds the witch gave me.

Again. What was that? Darkness engulphs me for a moment. Then I'm back in front of the witch, with no wounds whatsoever. How? "What is it boy? You can still flee if you want to, right now. I wouldn't bother chasing after little children." Sniffs the witch disdainfully. All questions vanish instantly. I charge again, Flinging the gutsplitter in a powerful downward blow. Which she immediately blocks with a casual flick of her hand and a spell. But I am wiser now. Leaping back out of range of her spells, and leaping back in a moment, I get in a weaker, but nonetheless alarmingly strong blow into the witch's left arm. Leaping out of range and leaping back in again to inflict more punishment on the witch, it seems, is a highly effective tactic. Of course it is. I read it on the forums. Hit-and-run tactics, or guerilla tactics, whichever you prefer. Huh? Oh, nevermind. Probably a side effect from all the blackwater brews and mead I drunk last night.

Finally landing in the killing blow, a simple blow that brushed aside her now weaker magical defenses with brute strength, I gave a shout as I finally triumphed over the witch. "How!" She screamed at me, her face a mask of fury. "I've defeated an entire garrison of soldiers before. How can a mere child defeat me?"

"Talent, luck, and a lot of perseverance," I answered honestly. Which only seemed to make her more angry. And a lot of help from me too, what with me save-cheating for you. A voice grumbled at me.

Then the witch stopped screaming, and her eyes turned into crafty slits. "You may have defeated me. But you'll never find the Marrowtaint. Such a shame that it has to be lost to the world. But that's how things are..." She cackled, coughing up blood all the time. With a final flick of her fingers, I watched in horror as the marrowtaint which hung around her neck appeared to melt into her skin. Then, with a groan, the witch disintegrated, taking the marrowtaint with her forever... Hmmm... Maybe I should backup my other saves and help the witch instead. Mused the voice from far away. For once, I understand what it means. I now wished I helped the witch too, if for nothing other than the marrowtaint. The citizens of Remgard had better be VERY grateful. That necklace would have been a huge help in my quest to find my brother. Ah, well. No crying over spilt milk.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

I head home, after a very long time indeed. It's been months since I have been to Crossglen. My steps quicken and my mind is full of thoughts. I am ecstatic, I have just earned my first RoLS, after killing what felt like a zillion Shadow Gargoyle Trainers and Masters. I am still thinking of all my victories as I reach home.

I slowly open the door, to find my father, Mikhail, standing at his usual spot, looking out the window. "Father", I say. He slowly turns around. A huge grin spreads on his face. "Ellor! Did you get Andor with you?", he asks, a hope quivering in his voice. I look down at the ground, "Not yet. I am still searching", I softly reply. The grin fades. He turns back to look out the window. Unable to speak, anger building up inside me, I ask him, "Do you want any bread?" "I have some", he says "Oh, and thank you for taking care of the rats", he adds. "That was a long time ago.....", I manage to control the anger in my voice as I pick up my equipment and head out the door.

Anger building rapidly inside me, I head to the nearby inn. I take some mead and settle on one of the tables. "Does it always have to be about Andor! Why can't it be about me for once!! So many quests, so many killings, so many near death experiences, and I come home to find my own father doesn't even care! Is this all even worth it?", I scream in my mind as I take a gulp of the strong, bittersweet mead.

I close my eyes, and a memory creeps into my mind, against my will. We were going south from home, me and Andor. Suddenly we were surrounded by dangerous wolves and snakes, and rabid boars. The next thing I knew, Andor was fighting them bravely, while I stood cowering in the corner. He came up to me after finishing them, one arm bleeding badly, blood on his shirt. I ran upto him and hugged him tightly. He put his hand around my shoulder. "It's all over now, kiddo. I will always protect you, no matter what. I will always be there for you", he said, smiling reassuredly to me. I looked up at him, "You are my hero!" I said, grinning happily, feeling immortal, with him by my side.

I open my eyes and look around me. "Yes. It's worth it. Just for you my brother, it's all worth it. I will find you soon", I pledge to myself, finishing the last of my mead. I get up, pick up my gear, and head out, this time towards Loneford.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Konizooka: Great post! I love that you chose to start from the begining.

If we were to string all the stories together I think we could get close to telling the whole story (so far).

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Konizooka

Post by Konizooka »

Pyrizzle wrote:If we were to string all the stories together I think we could get close to telling the whole story (so far).
There can actually be a book or a movie written on this game. It is THAT perfectly characterized :mrgreen: Though most of the writing credit goes to Wyrmspawn.