[S] New Skill: Cartography

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

[S] New Skill: Cartography

Post by nyktos »

simple enough, choose this skill...
and even more adjacent maps open early when exploring new areas.

(sometimes you get an extra map when visiting a new screen)

this skill would increase the range / radius of what the hero "sees" vs. what is mapped.

example: you hit a new screen & map all adjacent screens - even without traveling there.

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: New Skill: Cartography

Post by Pyrizzle »

Interesting idea!

not something i would use myself ( I like to explore ) but i could see players use this when more maps become available in game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

hmm intresting.. how about this:
-level 1 in cartography and you got map (as in curren beta) without this you do not have map at all
-level 2 ... in map there are marked spots of intrest.. like possible route (rope in cave) and names of areas..
-level 3... in map there are marked spots in hidden treasures like extraordinary and legendary items.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:hmm intresting.. how about this:
-level 1 in cartography and you got map (as in curren beta) without this you do not have map at all
-level 2 ... in map there are marked spots of intrest.. like possible route (rope in cave) and names of areas..
-level 3... in map there are marked spots in hidden treasures like extraordinary and legendary items.
GREAT IDEAS!!!!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I would not use these skills. To much of an investment just to see the world map.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Probably because you're an experienced player who knows all about the content of the game, but if you were a new player with no idea at all where to go next, this skill would be quite useful.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Probably because you're an experienced player who knows all about the content of the game, but if you were a new player with no idea at all where to go next, this skill would be quite useful.
I will preface this by saying I started playing way back in December of 2010, which was v0.6.8 so it was a much smaller world. But, let me say this: I have NEVER felt the need for a world map. I can understand others wanting one, but I would never sacrifice skill points for a map.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

I would have to agree with Tek... for one, my sons newb file already has access to the maps I've unlocked because of the way it's stored on you sd card and shares it will all your files, and two, even a new player may find the skill useless after unlocking all maps...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

I think these types of skills that add more depth to things other than how much damage you can do are interesting. I think we shoud be trying to explore more of these types of skills.