store bought rare items, not so rare...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

store bought rare items, not so rare...

Post by SuFiC8 »

I've always wondered why rare items can be bought in stores, repeatedly ... it takes away from the rarity of the item IMHO... What if those items could only be hunted from various parts of the world? I have also noticed Alynndir doesn't always have meat available... if rare items must stay in the shops, maybe lower the chance that the merchant will offer the rare items...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: store bought rare items, not so rare...

Post by Pyrizzle »

Or maybe make it so that you are only able to buy a rare item from a store once. Once you buy it, its's no longer available.

Making so there is a chance can be easily broken,
You can do this until you get it: check the store, go rest, check the store, go rest,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

Pyrizzle wrote:Or maybe make it so that you are only able to buy a rare item from a store once. Once you buy it, its's no longer available.

You can do this until you get it: check the store, go rest, check the store, go rest,
Good point @ easily broken... I like the idea of only buying once... it may hurt the shop in blackwater though, considering they only sell rare gear, but it would make the rare sword and dagger drops there more exiting if you could no longer buy them... Buying only once would also make the idea that the merchant keeps your sold items until you rest or monsters refresh more useful ( in case of an oopsy )
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

SuFiC8 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:Or maybe make it so that you are only able to buy a rare item from a store once. Once you buy it, its's no longer available.

Good point @ easily broken... I like the idea of only buying once... it may hurt the shop in blackwater though, considering they only sell rare gear, but it would make the rare sword and dagger drops there more exciting if you could no longer buy them...
It wouldn't be hard to make the items from BWMS not rare if this was to be added.

having an item as rare really doesn't have much effect on gameplay. It could be easier to just remove the rare label from the items and just leave items as Common items, Legendary, and extraordnary.

SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

True... But I wouldn't remove rare status from all items... Rare, Extraordinary, and Legendary items are a lot of fun... searching and hunting these items are one of my favorite parts of the game ( besides everything else of course lol )
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

SuFiC8 wrote:True... But I wouldn't remove rare status from all items... Rare, Extraordinary, and Legendary items are a lot of fun... searching and hunting these items are one of my favorite parts of the game ( besides everything else of course lol )
An easy sollution to that would be to make some of the Rare items Extraordinary (like the wolf pack armor or jinxed rings) instead and make all the rare items sold in stores common items (or maybe make them Uncommon items instead)

Just throwing out a few ideas. :mrgreen:

SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

Would be cool if there was a " rare item " dealer, who only sold these items ( when he had them ) and place him far from any bed to rest in... the items could run in cycles, so that you are never sure what you're going to get ( if anything at all )

It's not important either way, I've just always wondered what made the (example) ring +6 rare, when I can buy it any time...
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

+1
I agree with Sufic8 100% on all points.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I think that things are good the way they are. I'd hate having to grind for a quickstrike dagger, especially since unarmed's nerfed. There are a lot of rare items in the game, and not all of them can be got by grinding. My quickstrike build would have to be level 40 by the time I get the Jewel of Fallhaven and the quickstrike dagger if they cannot be storebrought. I think rare items should stay mainly in shops, while a couple of them are available through grinding.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Wyrmspawn wrote:I think that things are good the way they are. I'd hate having to grind for a quickstrike dagger, especially since unarmed's nerfed. There are a lot of rare items in the game, and not all of them can be got by grinding. My quickstrike build would have to be level 40 by the time I get the Jewel of Fallhaven and the quickstrike dagger if they cannot be storebrought. I think rare items should stay mainly in shops, while a couple of them are available through grinding.
Nobody is saying that the Jewel of Fallhaven can't or shouldn't be store bought. All SuFiC8 is saying is that it should not be able to be bought repeatedly.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"