v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[WIP] Andor's Trail in Minecraft

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
chevyrockstar
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: [WIP] Andor's Trail in Minecraft

Post by chevyrockstar »

fiernaq wrote:Definitely like the new skin. Also, while I know Minecraft is fairly limited in terms of shapes, is there nothing better to use for the trees? At the very least they should have a trunk and then a large top rather than a 9 block base with a smaller top.

That being said, please don't stress over the little things like that when you're obviously working very hard to bring us a beautiful 3d rendering of our favorite game. If it's an easy change and you get bored working elsewhere then go for it, otherwise just keep it in the back of your mind for later once everything else is finished.
The trees i do want to revise but til the map is complete then maybe ill think of something better.

Also if anyone has minecraft and plays and would like to help with the map please let me know. Also if your considering buying the game which is $22ish and want to help building or testing I would greatly consider :)
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

chevyrockstar wrote: The trees i do want to revise but til the map is complete then maybe ill think of something better.

Also if anyone has minecraft and plays and would like to help with the map please let me know. Also if your considering buying the game which is $22ish and want to help building or testing I would greatly consider :)
Again, it's just amazing what you do! The texture packs make it look even better!
Btw, do you use an overview map of AT to create the Minecraft world? I wouldn't create BWM right now, because you have to be careful with its size. You'll come to a point where the mountain overlaps the grasslands east of Loneford.
You should first draw the grasslands if you the will of course. ONLY after that, I would create BWM, so you know the space which you can fill with the mountain. If you make some maps smaller, everything should bje fine.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

i know that we have been throwing around ideas for a title screen on this thread:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1741

Why not use a screen shot of one of these maps for the title screen? (Well if it is ok without getting in legal trouble)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konizooka
android_version: 4.0

Post by Konizooka »

Pyrizzle wrote:i know that we have been throwing around ideas for a title screen on this thread:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1741

Why not use a screen shot of one of these maps for the title screen? (Well if it is ok without getting in legal trouble)
+1 Great idea.. The night in Crossglen and sunset pictures are amazing, and quite photogenic.. They can be used as a title screen..
When everyone is against you, there's always the Shadow standing with you.Image
Nyk
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by Nyk »

I would like to help I'm only available on Friday nights though
Walk with the shadow child.

Nyk
Lvl. 20
Equipped Stats: HP: 74, AP: 0/10, AC:173%
AD: 18-21, CHS: -15, CM: 0.0, BC: 35%, DR: 1

XP:195,641
Timdogg1934

Post by Timdogg1934 »

Wow, this is amazing work! Good job outta you!
Axy

Post by Axy »

really nice work. looks greet
How will you fix quests with npc's and rewards?
Level: 49
Attack Cost: 2
Attack points: 12
Attack Chance: 245%
Attack Damage: 23
Critical Hit skill: 18
Critical Multiplier:
Block Chance: 67%
Damage Resistance: 4

RoLS: 0
Weapon:Quickstrike Dagger
Meirerion

Post by Meirerion »

Bumping that old thread hoping for chevyrockstar to give us a link to download the map. That would be really great :D.
We could set up a server once and play together "AndorCraft". -> For those who want a multiplayer :lol:
Axy wrote:really nice work. looks greet
Well apart of coding a mod (which is not the easiest thing to do) you cannot. But you still can add monster spawners, hidden chests etc.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

OP: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am
Meirerion wrote:Bumping that old thread hoping for chevyrockstar to give us a link to download the map. That would be really great :D.
We could set up a server once and play together "AndorCraft". -> For those who want a multiplayer :lol:
Axy wrote:really nice work. looks greet
Well apart of coding a mod (which is not the easiest thing to do) you cannot. But you still can add monster spawners, hidden chests etc.
I hope chevyrockstar is still on the project? No news since 2013, we are all amazed at the super awesome screenshots :-)
Awesome idea tomake a MMORPG based on AT, AndorCraft sounds a litle cheesy though :-P

-------------------------------Combined double posts--------------------------------------------

Hello?.... ello..... llo..... lo..... oooo..... oo...

:-(
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

Wow, I just found this thread for the first time. That's some amazing work. And the rest of us think grinding takes a long time? This is alot more work and just as time consuming. Brilliant result. I hope he's still working on it.