Rate my build

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Rate my build

Post by nyktos »

Shaaw wrote:I guess thus is turning into the common RPG debate of which is better, killing them before they hit you, making them not be able to hit you, or making it so you don't care if they do...

my characters have some kinda sadistic issues or something, i never really mind taking damage...
especially when i can heal at the cost of my enemies life!

:twisted:

"go ahead, beat me up all you want... tough guy!"
"because when you fall, your blood will sustain me."

Rapier of Lifesteal & Corpse Eater...
then i take it a step further, trading tons of BC for incredibly low movement cost.

[Valugha's Gear]

so, i lose a chunk of life & gain it back with every hit...
and able to dance out of almost any conundrum.

[Vampire Build?]

:twisted:

it all depends on who you ask & what makes you happy when you play!
sometimes i pick some unpopular skills, especially when im just messing around...
things like taking Weapon Accuracy as your first skill.
[getting that much AC early (12%) is incredibly powerful]

and also, Treasure Hunter as an early skill...
because gold will net you more "power" early in the game than a few levels of grinding.
so, while a patient gamer might think of them as "wasted skills"...
a person who hates grinding will find the game flowing much more smoothly.

actually - i don't mind grinding at all, i got this game for something to do.
i just wanted to "feel thing out" and see how much grinding could be eliminated by choosing skills wisely.
wisely = taking skills that suit your style, not what everyone tells you to.
granted, these suggestions are golden!

for my serious builds, i almost always save my Skill Point until level five for increased fortitude.
letting that skill earn my HP instead of using level ups to do so.
on the other hand, i have never been the type of player to buy new armor before weapons
or take defensive skills prior to offensive ones...

~ ~ ~

and just throwing this out there for anyone,
spending points when leveling up...

i get my AD to 5, then i get my AC to 100%
next AD up to 10, then AC up to 125%
then AD up to 15, then AC up to 150%

BUT ~ if i am not taking Increased Fortitude early...
[taking things like Weapon Accuracy or Treasure Hunter]
then of course, i would need to be building up my HP on my own.

when i build a character, i also consider what kinda gear will compliment my build...
so i don't need to waste skill / level ups on things outside of what makes the hero strong.
although, first time players really wont benefit much from that tidbit...
i still wanted to throw that out there.

anyway, that's enough outta me...

:D

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Avalon archer
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Avalon archer »

@shaaw, with the stats u put up, you seem to have a pretty well rounded build, I would just get your AD up a little bit and you should be sailing smooth, keep up the good work!
@Nyktos, I love you vampire build, it so fits your Shadow nature, (insert sinister laugh), I myself am using the Valughian gear :)
HeresMy build, tell mee what ul think, its an all out damage build

Lvl:64
AC:327 (105)
AD:57-67 (43)
HP:87 (70)
AP:12
BC:20/1
Move Cost:4ap
Valughas' shimmering hat, Silk Robe of Valugha, Rols (2), Jewel of Fallhaven,Balanced Steel Sword, Remgard Combat Sheild, Gloves of Life Force, Vacors' boots of Attack

Skills:MF:2, Weapons Accuracy:7, Hard hit:5, Combat Speed:2, dark blessing of shadow : totally regret haa
MyNext goal is to get to lvl 68 and use the skills for concussion :) by then I'll have 60 AD and 332 AC
THE SAD TRUTH IS, THE TRUTH IS SAD, AVALON ARCHER, THE ONCOMING STORM
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
LVL 76 HP:102, AC:357%, AD:60-70, BC:20%, AP;4/12
RoLS:2, ELyR:1, RoL:1, CHAR:1, SHAF:2, VSH:3, SRoV:2, GoLF:2
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Avalon archer wrote:@shaaw, with the stats u put up, you seem to have a pretty well rounded build, I would just get your AD up a little bit and you should be sailing smooth, keep up the good work!
@Nyktos, I love you vampire build, it so fits your Shadow nature, (insert sinister laugh), I myself am using the Valughian gear :)
HeresMy build, tell mee what ul think, its an all out damage build

Lvl:64
AC:327 (105)
AD:57-67 (43)
HP:87 (70)
AP:12
BC:20/1
Move Cost:4ap
Valughas' shimmering hat, Silk Robe of Valugha, Rols (2), Jewel of Fallhaven,Balanced Steel Sword, Remgard Combat Sheild, Gloves of Life Force, Vacors' boots of Attack

Skills:MF:2, Weapons Accuracy:7, Hard hit:5, Combat Speed:2, dark blessing of shadow : totally regret haa
MyNext goal is to get to lvl 68 and use the skills for concussion :) by then I'll have 60 AD and 332 AC
nice build, something like "dancer of death" :twisted:
how about some cleave and gloves of swift attack or woodcutter's gloves ?

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Avalon archer

Post by Avalon archer »

Haa I love that name, Dancer of Death, very sinister sarumar :), after I get my concussion skill, (cannot wait!), im deff gonna put 2 skill points one cleave, wen I get to lvls 72 and 76, respectively

JustGetting ready for V.7 haa, wat does everyone else think?
THE SAD TRUTH IS, THE TRUTH IS SAD, AVALON ARCHER, THE ONCOMING STORM
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
LVL 76 HP:102, AC:357%, AD:60-70, BC:20%, AP;4/12
RoLS:2, ELyR:1, RoL:1, CHAR:1, SHAF:2, VSH:3, SRoV:2, GoLF:2
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Avalon archer wrote:Haa I love that name, Dancer of Death, very sinister sarumar :), after I get my concussion skill, (cannot wait!), im deff gonna put 2 skill points one cleave, wen I get to lvls 72 and 76, respectively

if you're getting ready for version 0.7.0, then save your skill points
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Avalon archer wrote:Haa I love that name, Dancer of Death, very sinister sarumar :), after I get my concussion skill, (cannot wait!), im deff gonna put 2 skill points one cleave, wen I get to lvls 72 and 76, respectively

yesss... you still need to dance away for opponent ewery now and then... but you will bring the dead as a part of dance... :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:

if you're getting ready for version 0.7.0, then save your skill points
I am trying to save as many as i can, but since i started grinding for the ROL my leveling has become very slow. lol

Give me your sword you red lil jerks!!! :twisted:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SofaKingDeadly
android_version: 2.0

Post by SofaKingDeadly »

Rate my build please.

Lvl. 25 AC AD CS CM ECC BC
175% 21-29 10 2.0 9% 49%

Base Stats MaxHp 30 Max AP 10 Attack Cost 4 Attack Chance 105% Attack Dmg 13 Block Chance 6%

Items equipped Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Curiass, Jewel Fallhaven, Strong Wooden Buckler, Vilians Ring, Vacor Boots, Leather gloves of attack, Ring of Shadow embrace, Flagstones Pride,

Items unequipped Necklace of strike, skull crusher, iqhan pendant

Skills Hard Hit 2, Combat speed 1, Treasure Hunter 1, Magic Finder 1, Pure Blood 1

I didn't read any forums or get any help with this build, just from playing and figuring out as I go. Please any suggestions would be great. Thanks,
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Well, for starters, although the ring of Shadow Embrace is pretty good for hp, Increased fortitude would still be much better. Also, have you finished the quests for the crossroads guard house? You can get a shield with Damage ressistance from Minarra if you have. The way I see it, you have very little hp for a build your level, as you never used increased fortitude, and you seem to have invested a lot into attack damage, even going as far as into using two skill points into hard hit. While good AD is essential for gaming at first, as the game gets harder, AD becomes less and less important. Unless you have 200 AD, you can't really kill some of the beasts that you meet on the way to Remgard with one shot. So, instead of focusing on Attack Damage, at around 10 to 20 basic attack damage, most players will shift their attention to attack chance. Unless, of course, you are trying for a damage resistance build, in which case most players take as much AD and hp as possible while buffing up their bc with spare level ups to get some bark skin. It feels great to have 9 to 14 damage resistance, feels like you're a god. But, my advise to you would be to either get your damage resistance high enough so that you have all the time in the world to hit the monsters, or level up your attack chance so you'd need less time to kill monsters.

Oh, and if you're planning on starting a new build, I'd advise you to either get Increased Fortitude (for long-term better build) or treasure hunter (for short term testing that requires less time to buffen your build). Nyktos gave advise about treasure hunter, and yes, it does move you along much faster along the game, but In my opinion, the first skill point on a serious build should still always go to increased fortitude.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I agree with Wyrmspawn about getting Increased fortitude right off the bat. It frees up level bonuses up to be used on AC, AD, and BC (depending on your build)

One thing to add about DR builds, even though the NPCs may not be able to hit you (DR > Damage) they can still inflict some seriously brutal status effects.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!