v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

My new favorite place.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: My new favorite place.

Post by Tomcat »

I get the idea of grinding in the bug caves for XP, but what I'm really looking for right now is a place to grind for fast gold. I'm constantly short on gold for potions, and most of my delays in getting to do more exploring and questing in new tough areas (the fun part) are to save up enough to stock up the bonemeal. And now with more armor in Remgard to save up for also, I'd like to find an efficient spot. So far been mostly in the gargoyle cave, on the off chance of picking up a RoLS along the way (260 rocks and counting), but I'm not a patient grinder (to much to do in real life!) and I'm looking for a recommendation for something better.

I'm still running my first ever character, started in maybe 0.6.7 or so, pre-skills anyway, so the build is poorly optimized. As a result my level 40 is probably well below par for his ”age”. (I also skipped some releases, not playing months at a time, because I *hate* grinding and wanted to wait for new quests.) Once skills came out, after I wasted the first bunch of skill points by scattering them around, I eventually turned it into a crits build. DoSP, JF, TG, etc. All of this I say because obviously grinding in an area that costs me significant potions to survive will dampen the usefulness of that spot for my purposes.

Any recommendations, besides ”shut up and grind out another 100 levels” or ”start over with a better build”?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
titoorigami
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Quest - XP, Items, benifits, extra notes (contains spoil

Post by titoorigami »

How can i get lots of money!???? Ive trouble buying what ineed
help plzzzzz
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

”shut up and grind out another 100 levels” or ”start over with a better build”? :lol:

The Flagstone Prison is a great place to grind for Gold, the NPCs drop a fair amount and they also drop weapons that are good for selling as well.

You can check the Beastiary page (from General Game discussion page for NPC gold and item drops too)

Happy hunting~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyrizzle
VIP

Re: Quest - XP, Items, benifits, extra notes (contains spoil

Post by Pyrizzle »

Depends on your level:

Early on Grind the snake caves and sell the meats to buy gear

later on Flagstone Prison is a great place to grind.

Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Pyrizzle wrote:”shut up and grind out another 100 levels” or ”start over with a better build”? :lol:

The Flagstone Prison is a great place to grind for Gold, the NPCs drop a fair amount and they also drop weapons that are good for selling as well.

You can check the Beastiary page (from General Game discussion page for NPC gold and item drops too)

Happy hunting~
Thanks for the tip, Pyro-man!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Tomcat wrote: Thanks for the tip, Pyro-man!
No problem! :mrgreen:

~Happy Hunting~

pokey
android_version: 2.2

Post by pokey »

I think that the best grind (up to about level 30 anyway) is going back and forth between the snake cave and the dog cave. Going back and forth gives each one time to re-spawn it's monsters. I know that they don't give up the most XP per kill, but I think the dogs give up the most XP per minute (since they are so quick to kill), and the snakes are not bad in that respect either. They are also the most profitable monsters to kill since they drop so much meat, and occasionally boots too. I kill every dog and snake I see. I avoid the bugs and beetles, since they don't poop out money or XP. There are probably monsters that pay out more gold and/or XP each, but without good AP and critical percentages they take much longer to kill.

Just my .02.

EDIT: You also don't have to spend many resources on healing since neither deals out much damage.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

pokey wrote:I think that the best grind (up to about level 30 anyway) is going back and forth between the snake cave and the dog cave. Going back and forth gives each one time to re-spawn it's monsters. I know that they don't give up the most XP per kill, but I think the dogs give up the most XP per minute (since they are so quick to kill), and the snakes are not bad in that respect either. They are also the most profitable monsters to kill since they drop so much meat, and occasionally boots too. I kill every dog and snake I see. I avoid the bugs and beetles, since they don't poop out money or XP. There are probably monsters that pay out more gold and/or XP each, but without good AP and critical percentages they take much longer to kill.

Just my .02.

EDIT: You also don't have to spend many resources on healing since neither deals out much damage.
Welcom to the forums Pokey !

Yes this is pretty good grinding route. Personally i prefer (in low lvl) snake cave & flagstone prison becauce of high amound of gold.. but it is a lot harder route.

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
pokey
android_version: 2.2

Post by pokey »

Sarumar wrote:Welcom to the forums Pokey !
Thanks!
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

The area inbetween The Snake Caves and The Wolf Caves

XP: 08 - 87
Pyrizzle wrote:Was posting this on another thread and thought it was kinda interesting.

XP RATES FOR NPC's BY AREA:
Rat Cave: 8 - 15
Snake Cave: 18 - 79
Jan's Cave: 28 - 64
Catacomb: 19 - 58
Wolf Cave: 36 - 79
Flagstone Prison: 27 - 98
Gargoyle Cave: 83 - 111
Bjorju's Family Cave: 62 - 93
Blackwater Mountain: 65 - 204
Kazaul Cave: 102 - 111
Field of Frantic Forest Wasps: 89 - 116
Loneford (east): 52 - 190
Loneford (west): 63 - 218
Demon Cave: 37 - 346
Land of Izthiel: 16 - 243
Iqhan Caves: 103 - 262
Poisonous Forest: 166 - 345
Bug caves: 105 - 158
Spider Cave: 192 - 311
Road to Remgard: 82 - 407
Remgard Area: 82 - 169