v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Maps: add lvl guide for players

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Argon of Peristalsis
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Maps: add lvl guide for players

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

Now, I understand that exploring and discovering is part of the fun. Sometimes you get in over your head and wind up back in your bed, missing some experience points.

But I've recently found myself on a personal quest to find Remgard. I hear they have some nice helmets there. This has led me into an area with lots of nasty creatures, probably too much for a 21st level character.

So maybe it would be nice if there was a map which loosely identified areas with player levels, so that we might avoid getting into trouble. It would be like legends and rumors passed around among villagers. "Don't go to Flagstone/Blackwater/Remgard until you've reached level X".
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Maps

Post by Pyrizzle »

Argon of Peristalsis wrote:Now, I understand that exploring and discovering is part of the fun. Sometimes you get in over your head and wind up back in your bed, missing some experience points.

But I've recently found myself on a personal quest to find Remgard. I hear they have some nice helmets there. This has led me into an area with lots of nasty creatures, probably too much for a 21st level character.

So maybe it would be nice if there was a map which loosely identified areas with player levels, so that we might avoid getting into trouble. It would be like legends and rumors passed around among villagers. "Don't go to Flagstone/Blackwater/Remgard until you've reached level X".
Hello Argon of Peristalsis! Welcome to the forums!

The only problem i see with leaving labels telling players where you should be grinding at the time is that some builds are more effective faster than others.

Some people will be able to clear the snake caves at level 6 and some might not be able to do it until close to 14. It depends on the build really.

As far as taking a lvl 21 to Feygard, probably not a good idea at the moment. Try grinding a few more levels in the Iqhan caves (the cave north of Loneford)for a bit. The monsters on the path to Remgard can be very dangerous if you are not prepared for them.

Happy hunting -Pyrizzle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle is right, the areas you might be ready for will depend on your stats which will be based more on what you use your level ups and skill points on and what equipment you have than just your level number.

If you want more input on what areas you should be able to handle you can let us know all that info for your character.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mino wrote:If you want more input on what areas you should be able to handle you can let us know all that info for your character.
+1!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are always here to help! Let me know if you need any and I will be glad to assist you in any way i can. =)

Happy hunting!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!