v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Done for now, but a good ride.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
shooth
android_version: 4.0

Done for now, but a good ride.

Post by shooth »

Oskar and Devs,

What a great game. Thank you for all of your efforts, I can't wait for 7.0 to come out. Will pick back up at that point and start again from scratch.

Played for about a week, got a char to lev 45 (stats below in one of those too-cool-4-school sigs), and enjoyed throughout. I gather that what I did would probably be considered a mostly balanced build. Here are some thoughts; I haven't scoured the forums to see if others made similar suggestions so fair warning, you may have heard this before.

1) Bonemeal are too powerful. If they healed only 20-25, they would still be totally awesome because of their availability. As it is, it just feels broken. It severely devalues beds and other heal items. While its clear that there is some consequence intended to surround the choice to use bonemeal potions, it would have to be HUGE in order for it to matter. I bought 400 BM potions and 24 or so hours later I have gained more than 20 levels.

2) More consequences. Make more side quests dependent on the core quest choices. Multiple paths leads to replay value. Have some guards who want to chase your rascally behind down. Maybe come wake you up in the middle of the night... The Thieves Guild has a message for people who turn their back on their Brothers...

3) Skill and stat progression seems OK, but more choices is always fun. Dual wielding (which I gather might be coming) sounds very fun. Personally, I would like to see some skills which would provide impetus to use the high AC weapons.

New skill idea! Knockback! With a heavy weapon, you actually knock your opponent backwards... kinda like you made them flee. This would also stun them for a round.... so you would probably have to implement a stun if its not there to make it a requirement :) If you knock the opponent into a wall space, they instead take additional damage. If they hit another mob, then both mobs take damage.

4) More extraordinary items. Most players, I suspect, will not grind for Legendary items. Make more extraordinary items so those of us with more... normal... tenancies might be tempted into doing a little more grinding. IMO there should even be things at the 1% drop level...

5) Get rid of gold on mobs which would not have gold. Replace with items which sell for gold. What does a spider want with gold?

6) UI improvement ideas. I played this time on my nexus 7, and it does indeed look very nice! Some ideas:
* The "log" part of combat is far too small to read... on a tablet you have real estate... use it. How about a selected font size: S/M/L would be fine.
* Would be nice to be able to "review" the last couple fight logs.
* Option to SuperSize my Virtual D Pad. Really. I have sausage fingers.
* Option to SuperSize my quicklink buttons. Really. Did I mention the sausage fingers?
* Option to SuperSize the Flee button. Oh, how it sucks when you mean to flee but too bad, you tapped NEAR the flee button and attacked. And died. Woe unto him with the sausage fingers.
* Auto "end turn" option, when you have no possible choices to make... cant flee, cant use an item, cant attack.... How many times was I looking trying to press that tiny little flee button with my fingers of sausageness...

In short, it would be nice to scale all the UI elements up to say extra 25-50% on tablets. For those of us with sausage fingers.

<FakeSigFile>
MuffinPants
Level 45 HP=79
AC/AP=3/12
AC=230% AD=25-30
CHS 39 CM 3.75 ECC 22
BC/DR 85/4
</FakeSigFile>
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Done for now, but a good ride.

Post by Mino »

First, I admire your ability to actually stop playing until the next update, many of us here haven't been able to do that. Your character is pretty well balanced, and you have some interesting suggestions.

I like that knock back skill idea.

For 4, if you mean boss drop extraordinary items I agree, but if you mean the 1:1000 drop chance items I think most players don't know about the rare drop items in general whether they be legendary or extraordinary unless they read about it here or on the Facebook fan page.

5 has been brought up and others agree, but the current assumed explanation is those creatures swallowed the gold (or gems or boots) while attacking a person carrying those items.

For the log text size, I also have a Nexus 7 and if you change the font size in the tablet display settings to large (or huge) it should help for now. I tried it out and the monster loot and quest log text was bigger.

Welcome to the boards! If you find yourself unable to stay away from the game but want something to do besides level up, check out the Decathlon challenge topic :
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1957
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Lots of links! http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1504

1) A discussion on what might happen if you are caught using or owning BMPs
" BUSTED! [Bonemeal is forbidden] Brainstorm http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2145 "

2) More story line splits are always a great idea to up the replay value, we are working on quests for V7 which will feature more twists and turns in the story line and cause you to make more choices that will effect gameplay. (to make a suggestion for a quest idea: post in the Ideas section on the forum)

3) Great skill suggestion! Knock back would be really handy when V7 comes out and the NPCs mob you.
There are quite a few suggestions and ideas about new skills and balanceing the weapons and level up bonuses. Check the link at the toop of this post to find some.

4) I agree that there should be more extraordinary items in the game for players to hunt down, they are less maddening to search for.
If you have any ideas or suggestions please let us know.
http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2514 (Suggest item ideas)

5) " No more gold drops from non human npc http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1428 "

6) I don't own a tablet myself. I would like to see a place to look at a combat log where you can see the results from your last combat (attacks, hits, damage delt, damage taken, etc) this would be an excellent addition.

Welcome to the forums bud! I look forward to hearing more ideas and opinions from you!
-Pyrizzle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shooth
android_version: 4.0

Post by shooth »

Thanks for the reading tips, I will indeed peruse the existing literature.

Another idea - Customizable items. Basically slight upgrades from normalish items. Shopkeepers and others could offer these. I think that some of these might actually replace the acquisition of the item through "normal" means. Some Ideas:
Snake skin boots: 25 snake skins and leather boots, and 500 coins.
Tusk-handled dagger: iron dagger and Anklebiter tusk.
Tough leather strips: Skin of something and some coins, at a leatherworker's shop.
Wolfskin jerkin: Wolfskin and three tough leather strips, etc.

You could have rare components drop at < %1 to make special customs, etc. Very flexible.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Crafting items / Item upgrading: Crafting http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2107 or http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.ph ... 261#p21261

There has been a lot of talking about this idea but right now we are still unsure if it will be something we will end up adding into the game.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!