v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New Guy, saying hello

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
MaxDamage
android_version: 2.0

New Guy, saying hello

Post by MaxDamage »

hey trailers.
downloaded andors trail for my phone few weeks ago, loving it. amusing story - i didnt know you could save up to four characters, so got to lvl20 twice and restarted because i wanted to try a different build >:p

so my new guy, max damage has:

lvl 31, xp 547363
ap 5/11 mc 6
hp 68
gold 9708
bonemeal potions 221

combat stats:
atk cost 3
atk chance 215%
atk dam 25 - 36
crit skill 9
crit mult 2.0
block chance 46%
damage res 1

inventory:
leather cap (6% block)
rusty chain (20% block, -9% attack)
jewel of fallhaven (-1 attack ap)
wooden defender (-8% attack, -5 crit, +14% block, +1 damage res)
2x villian ring (+25% attack, +3-6 dam, +4 hp)
vacors boots (+9% attack, +2% block)
trouble makers gloves (+7% attack, +4 crit, +4% block, +1 hp)
flagstones pride attack cost (4ap, +21% attack, dam 1-6, +10 crit x2)

skills:
hard hit x 4
combat speed x 1
increased fortitude x 2

where im at right now:

finished most the quests i could find and was just leveling a bit then discovered a whole new huge area above and east of loneford (?) wheee i said, wheeee!! so crashed round there for a while, skipped a cave full of red carrion crawler things, went to another cave and got a shadow crit dagger, continued past some bleeding crab people, snakes, plant things and went up some caves and passes killing bugs and spiders and ended up running away from some horrible spiders - ill go back after i do the quest An Involuntary Carrier and gain some more levels..

so... any friendly advice?
R.I.P MaxDamage and friends.
You will be reborn. Stronger, Faster and more efficient.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: New Guy, saying hello

Post by Pyrizzle »

MaxDamage wrote:hey trailers.
downloaded andors trail for my phone few weeks ago, loving it. amusing story - i didnt know you could save up to four characters, so got to lvl20 twice and restarted because i wanted to try a different build >:p

so my new guy, max damage has:

lvl 31, xp 547363
ap 5/11 mc 6
hp 68
gold 9708
bonemeal potions 221

combat stats:
atk cost 3
atk chance 215%
atk dam 25 - 36
crit skill 9
crit mult 2.0
block chance 46%
damage res 1

inventory:
leather cap (6% block)
rusty chain (20% block, -9% attack)
jewel of fallhaven (-1 attack ap)
wooden defender (-8% attack, -5 crit, +14% block, +1 damage res)
2x villian ring (+25% attack, +3-6 dam, +4 hp)
vacors boots (+9% attack, +2% block)
trouble makers gloves (+7% attack, +4 crit, +4% block, +1 hp)
flagstones pride attack cost (4ap, +21% attack, dam 1-6, +10 crit x2)

skills:
hard hit x 4
combat speed x 1
increased fortitude x 2

where im at right now:

finished most the quests i could find and was just leveling a bit then discovered a whole new huge area above and east of loneford (?) wheee i said, wheeee!! so crashed round there for a while, skipped a cave full of red carrion crawler things, went to another cave and got a shadow crit dagger, continued past some bleeding crab people, snakes, plant things and went up some caves and passes killing bugs and spiders and ended up running away from some horrible spiders - ill go back after i do the quest An Involuntary Carrier and gain some more levels..

so... any friendly advice?
You can save more than 4 games, on my phone i have somewhere near 30 saved files at this time.

Looks like you are doing well so far! Keep grinding and adding to your AC because those evil spiders have very high BC and can give you a status effect that can lower your AC up to 70%.

If you have any questions ask anytime, we are all here to help out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MaxDamage

Post by MaxDamage »

when i lvl i alternate between +1 dam and +5% ac, so will maybe i will do one +dam to 3+ac from now :)
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Would probably be a good idea.

here is why:

The highest BC of those NPCs is 175
They infect you with a condition that lowers you AC up to -70%
(so to match their BC at this point you need a AC of 245%)
To ensure that you are hitting them you need about 110% more AC then their BC

So... IF you wanted to hit them more times than not your AC would be best at 345%. (yes you can and will hit them with less but this is just for if you wanted to hit them about 80-90% of the time)

Hope this helps. Welcome again! :mrgreen:

Gecq
android_version: 4.0

Post by Gecq »

I wouldn't spend skill points in Hard Hit. You get one damage for 1 skill point while you get 1 damage every level, too, if you want. Use the skill points for stuff that cannot be bought in regular level ups. Such as Combat Speed, Increased Fortitude, Cleave, More Criticals.
Since you are using Flagstone's Pride you should consider using more equipment that betters your critical ability such as Villain's Leather Armour and the Polished rings of backstabbing.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Hi Max Damage, would you describe yourself as Incorruptible?

Welcome to the forum, I agree that you should get more critical hit gear to go with your dagger. You can check here to see which items will add to your effective critical chance.
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1159

When starting off, I also focused on AC and AD, so I think you're on the right track. But if you want better AC, consider ditching any items that lower it like the shield and armor. There's another armor that has 15% BC but without the AC trade-off. Since you already have 4 levels of hard hit, you should consider getting the cleave skill (each level requires 1 level each of hard hit and weapon accuracy first).

Happy hunting!
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Regeneration, Bark skin, and evasion might also be skills that you might want to look into getting eventually.

I don't use skill points on Weapon Accuracy, Hard Hit, or Dodge because i can get the same bonuses from leveling up. (I maaaay have to get a few when V7 comes out so i can get cleave)

If you are going for Crit stuff you should definitly look around the Crossroads guard house area for new gears the shady lookin guy has a bunch of items you may find very useful.
When you can get through the Iqhan caves there is a very nice dagger the boss at the end drops that is a must have for crit builds.

MaxDamage

Post by MaxDamage »

Incorruptable indeed :p

Im getting hard hit for the concussion skill, i find regen a bit slow for my liking, i just pop potions instead. once i get the skills i really want then i will get regen/corpse eater.

after my ac is up higher i will start doing bc to get some damage reduction etc.

weapons i have:

shadow dagger.
skullcrusher.
sword of shadows rage.
shadow of the slayer.
quickstrike dagger.

im starting a crit hitter, so will get more crit/better crit/internal bleed/fracture interspaced with fortitude and combat speed when applicable.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

You should get combat speed 2 with your next skill point when you hit level 32. It's capped at 2 anyway and its definitely a skill you want to max out as soon as you can.

The dagger of the shadow priests is the best critical hit weapon in terms of critical skill, multiplier and attack cost, so I'd stick with that.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18