v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

All of MaxDamages Questions

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: All of MaxDamages Questions

Post by Sarumar »

Mino wrote:Cleave only restores AP during a fight with multiple monsters, up to your max AP. But if you're using the quickstrike dagger, you can also take a minor potion of speed and then your max AP would be 14 (if you also have combat speed level 2).

Right now, there's a few spots where you're forced to attack 2 or 3 at a time because they're blocking a path (the cave where you got your shadow dagger has one of those). I took 2 levels of cleave, so I could also get an extra hit during a mob attack when using higher attack cost weapons, like the skull crusher.

As Tek mentioned, I am indeed a big fan of Quick Learner, but I usually don't start on it until I have increased fortitude, regeneration, corpse eater, cleave (1-2 levels) and combat speed 2. But if you want to keep leveling up to get stronger and stronger, then QL is great. The only problem is once you stop leveling up this skill, the XP gain will start to seem like it's too small. But it also works as future proofing - each update so far has included newer monsters that give more XP. I originally planned to stop at level 20, so any future kill would give me double the XP, but now I'm going for level 25 so I'll get a little more than double.
IMO QL is nice skill after prox level 80... before that you can easily grind another level and there are much more potent skill to pick...

In cace of high level build.. QL is the way to go or you will lost your mind becauce the needed amound exp for next level is really ridiculous...

my current QL is 40... but i need over 5 M exp before next level...

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I always suspected you had a lot of QL, but I never would have guessed 40. Wow!
It might still be a drag to grind now but it'll pay off the next time you kill a boss.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mino wrote:I always suspected you had a lot of QL, but I never would have guessed 40. Wow!
It might still be a drag to grind now but it'll pay off the next time you kill a boss.
This obsession of collecting QL.... i was forced because of Kpedro and Nyktos... :lol:

BTW ... Nyktos where are your QL build... ? you chalenge me.... and you lose ;) but im bit curious...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
MaxDamage
android_version: 2.0

Post by MaxDamage »

hi again trailers.
i ended up in remgard, and as im playing max as a chaotic neutral (i swap sides easily - good one day, bad the next) i am now proudly wearing marrowtaint.

at this point im level 42 and realised id forgotten about the cave east of loneford, so i wail through that and kill the lich, cure myself of the icky worms and destroy the helmet.

my question is:
what would have happened if i kept the helm? was there someone to talk to who would have unlocked its terrible evil potential? if so what would it have been?
R.I.P MaxDamage and friends.
You will be reborn. Stronger, Faster and more efficient.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

MaxDamage wrote:hi again trailers.
my question is:
what would have happened if i kept the helm? was there someone to talk to who would have unlocked its terrible evil potential? if so what would it have been?
You would've gotten a great helmet.
Dark Protector

AD 0-1
BC 13%
DR 1
HP -6

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
MaxDamage
android_version: 2.0

Post by MaxDamage »

Hello again trailers.

i am hearing that dual wield will be coming, a very nice idea.

my question:

will it need to be purchased with skill points or will you just equip second weapon in your shield slot?

also another question:

when a new update comes out that adds/alters skills do we get a skill redo or just deal with it? if so i feel i should make a character that leaves himself spare skill points :)
R.I.P MaxDamage and friends.
You will be reborn. Stronger, Faster and more efficient.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

MaxDamage wrote:Hello again trailers.
will it need to be purchased with skill points or will you just equip second weapon in your shield slot?
I believe you will need to use a skill point or two. I could be wrong, but that idea has been floated around.
MaxDamage wrote: also another question:

when a new update comes out that adds/alters skills do we get a skill redo or just deal with it? if so i feel i should make a character that leaves himself spare skill points :)
There will be no "redos". yes it would be wise to save your skill points
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

MaxDamage wrote:Hello again trailers.

i am hearing that dual wield will be coming, a very nice idea.

my question:

also another question:

Duel Weilding i beleive will be available using skill points.

Skill points will not be able to be redone once assigned. There are too many ways to "break" the game if we allowed players to redo their SP assignments

For example:

You could put 3 points into magic finder and after you have found all the Legendary and Extraordinary items you could go back and reset your SPs to another Skill.

You could do the same thing with most of the skills
Merchant
Treasure Hunter
Quick Learner
Increased Fortitude <------ Realy easy to break if you can take them back
etc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------