Is there something about the game you don't like?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Is there something about the game you don't like?

Post by Pyrizzle »

Tomcat wrote:It's been said many times before, but...

QUESTS SHOULD COUNT MORE!!!
Quests should give better XP and payouts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire7051 wrote:Let me start off by saying I understand the reason why and I am ok with it (sorta), but

Not Enough Updates!

I know those guys have lives and don't get paid etc. etc. But I have an addiction to feed here and it isn't going to feed itself.

Other than that I can't really say there is anything about the game that I don't like. I might actually lo--- (cough) *ahem* anyways I really like this game. :P
MORE UPDATES: I agree and we are working hard to try to get the next version out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino wrote:
Splatters - the green ones kind of blend in to the ground, so change it to purple so it stands out more visually. Maybe change the white powder looking ones to bright blue.

The Irdegh poison gland should sell for more than the regular ones - they're dropped by less creatures and more rarely.

Arulir skin should also sell for more - doesn't drop often, the creature that drops it is pretty tough and the skin is apparently used to make damage resistant gloves.

But none of this is anything I dislike enough to even consider not playing anymore.
Splatters: Yeah they are hard to see against the grass (Being colorblind doesnt help either), I like the suggestion for more colors for the splats and powders.

Item prices: I agree the harder it is to obtain an item the more it should be worth when selling it. The Arulir Skin and Irdegh Poison glands are both great examples

Great stuff guys!
:mrgreen: I'm gonna bring these up at the next meeting. Anything else you guys can think of?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MaxDamage
android_version: 2.0

Post by MaxDamage »

i would like to be able to pay gold to a trainer somewhere to redo my skills?
maybe something like 1000gp the first time, then doubled any other time. (2000/4000/8000/16000/32000 etc)
R.I.P MaxDamage and friends.
You will be reborn. Stronger, Faster and more efficient.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

MaxDamage wrote:i would like to be able to pay gold to a trainer somewhere to redo my skills?
maybe something like 1000gp the first time, then doubled any other time. (2000/4000/8000/16000/32000 etc)
Partial redo as in the last 3 or so has been discussed as a highly doubtful maybe under the right circumstances.

A full redo will never happen, it's not that type of game. Skill points only come every 4 levels, they are a major decision. If you feel you need to redo your whole skill tree then there is always the option of a new character.

I agree on the quest xp bump and have for a while I am pretty sure it is on the list for v0.7.0.

More updates are always good but we do what we can but content is always the slowest part of any update.
pokey
android_version: 2.2

Post by pokey »

Actually, I thought of one thing. The potions are WAY too expensive. The ones that improve your skills and such are probably fair, but the ones that heal conditions should cost much less (or the killing the monsters that affect you should pay out much more). If they were 40-60 gold I'd carry a stock of them (which would fundamentally change the game), but at their current prices I can't justify using them, so all they wind up adding to the game is a little variety in the types of very rare loot.
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

I agree with the potion cost. While I've got the money I am so cheap that I can't really justify using a potion that cures fatigue especially when I am just going to contract it again in a minute or two.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
scottdog
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by scottdog »

Its got to be updates, how many people might have downloaded this game, loved it then just lost interest sitting around months for an update, I know the guys who do all the work on this in there spare time and for free I take my hat of to them, but would it make more sense to perhaps release a couple of quests at a time than 6 or 7 in a lump sum and then not having to wait months for an update be better, even I've noticed the forum has been a lot quiter than it used to be, are gamers losin interest
Level 76 HP=112 Gold=450,000
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55
BC=99% DR=1 Rols=2 Rol=1 ElyR=1 ShaF=1 ChaR=4 GoLF=1 SRoV=8 VSH=1

fandabbydozey
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

scottdog wrote:...but would it make more sense to perhaps release a couple of quests at a time than 6 or 7 in a lump sum and then not having to wait months for an update be better

Scottdog,

In the world the software engineering, what you are referring to is the different software development methodologies. Agile and Waterfall. Agile being more incremental, but smaller and more frequent updates. While waterfall is a much longer (3, 4, 5+ months) development schedule that often contains many more code changes. Waterfall is not the preferred methodology in my opinion anymore and hasn't been for a long time. I have been working in a strictly Agile release cycle for years now (across many different companies). from a simplistic view point, what this means is that we are releasing to production (& QA) every 2 or 3 weeks. But these releases are small incremental changes (just as you are requesting) in the business world this is ideal as it gives product managers the ability to see system/application changes as quickly as possible.
I digressed, but I hope that I enlighten you on the subject in some regards.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
scottdog
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by scottdog »

Totaly understand what your saying tek with regards to the time it takes to release these updates but like I said the time frame between releases IMO (I may be wrong and I hope I am) could potentialy lose a lot of players in the game whereas they just lose interest .
Level 76 HP=112 Gold=450,000
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55
BC=99% DR=1 Rols=2 Rol=1 ElyR=1 ShaF=1 ChaR=4 GoLF=1 SRoV=8 VSH=1

fandabbydozey
Argon of Peristalsis
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

I'd like to see something I call "Legends of the Trail".

You know how at the cabin halfway up Blackwater Mountain you find a journal which describes how to get out of the "stuck on Blackwater Mountain" jam? There should be more hints like this. It ties into my other post about a map warning about difficult areas.

Maybe you meet someone who tells you about a warrior who went into Flagstone and never returned. I'm not sure how to mention level without it seeming fake. Maybe somebody mentions that milk is in short supply in Prim. Or you come across a book about gargoyle trainers that tells you that they sometimes wear a very special, useful ring.
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Argon: Great suggestions! There is a thread on an idea simular to this called "Monster Diary" that have some cool suggestions about adding info in the game on NPCs and other things.

I think these "easter eggs" would be a great additon to the game and would help players a lot along the way.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!