Is there something about the game you don't like?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Is there something about the game you don't like?

Post by PK17 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
PK17 wrote:One thing I don't like is what drops what in the world, animals dropping gold being a seperate issue. How come a small dog drops the same amount of meat as a giant wolf? Why do boars have boots? Where do they keep them? Any intellegent being (thinking,walking,talking) could have anything but the mundane creatures like ants, bees, dogs, worms, etc, should not have clothing/weapons/gems/potions/etc.
many animals such as Rats, racoons, a bunch of types of birds, and more have a habit of hoarding shiny objects
True, but they would keep it in their den/hole/home, not on their person....

Just then a giant boar wearing a pair of sunglasses, a gold chain, and a top hat walks by.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

It's a commonplace in RPGs for beasts to have gold and even magic items as drops, from Nethack to Diablo. This is just a tradition. I'm good with it...
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
PK17

Post by PK17 »

I know, I just find it funny because it's so odd. Ever play Boulder's Gate Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath? It is hilarious to see a sword/bow/armor to come skyrocketing thirty feet into the air out of the corpse of a rat.

Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

PK17 wrote:I know, I just find it funny because it's so odd. Ever play Boulder's Gate Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath? It is hilarious to see a sword/bow/armor to come skyrocketing thirty feet into the air out of the corpse of a rat.
Rofl! Yeah that is halarious to see
Fala

Post by Fala »

First: I love the game and am looking forward to the next release with more quests. I have no interest in mere level grinding - I have to find my brother...
But one issue of the game are IMHO the poor and unrealistic economics. Equipment at all shops and traders seems to cost the same. In reality the shops in remote areas as Prim, BMW and Remgard would be thirsty for items from meat to weapons and be willing to pay much higher prices than in Loneford. (Which of course means, that they would also sell you that stuff for a tremendous amount of money).
It is also unrealistic that any shop or trader buys anything in any amount you try to sell them. Why should a blacksmith buy 50 meat? The innkeeper would maybe do so, but he bought already all leather boots and gems I had to offer.
Regarding demand and supply those NPGs who sell and buy should have a limited budget of gold and preferences for certain items, e.g. weapons, potions, animal parts etc. You could sell them all other stuff you like, but then for a lower price.

If there was an artist who is in desperate need for small rocks and an alchemist who bought some Irdegh poison gland for an adequate price I would be more than happy to walk an extra mile to service them.
Maybe in release 0.8?
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Fala wrote:First: I love the game and am looking forward to the next release with more quests. I have no interest in mere level grinding - I have to find my brother...
But one issue of the game are IMHO the poor and unrealistic economics. Equipment at all shops and traders seems to cost the same. In reality the shops in remote areas as Prim, BMW and Remgard would be thirsty for items from meat to weapons and be willing to pay much higher prices than in Loneford. (Which of course means, that they would also sell you that stuff for a tremendous amount of money).
It is also unrealistic that any shop or trader buys anything in any amount you try to sell them. Why should a blacksmith buy 50 meat? The innkeeper would maybe do so, but he bought already all leather boots and gems I had to offer.
Regarding demand and supply those NPGs who sell and buy should have a limited budget of gold and preferences for certain items, e.g. weapons, potions, animal parts etc. You could sell them all other stuff you like, but then for a lower price.

If there was an artist who is in desperate need for small rocks and an alchemist who bought some Irdegh poison gland for an adequate price I would be more than happy to walk an extra mile to service them.
Maybe in release 0.8?
Great idea, that would make more of a trader role in the game a reality.

------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------
Xero wrote:Pigs who eat people and rob their boots and gold. That is a bad pig. I blame it on bad parenting.
Rofl :-)
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button to add to your last post instead of double posting. Thank you and happy hunting
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
zen1979
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by zen1979 »

I really love this game, the fact that I stopped playing for quite some time when my first character reaches level 19, got stuck some where which I'm unable to kill the enemies. Then recently I started a new character (just reached level 20 yesterday) and very happy with it. I tried to install AT into my tablet but find it hard to play because the screen is not optimized for tablet and while playing with my phone, I can press the menu button to save my progress but there's no such button when I play it with my tablet. Could Admin try to fix this? Thanks in advance.
16/05/2013 (RBMP = 393/128/22/2)
Lvl: 42 | XP: 1315504 | Gold: 17008 |
HP: 113 | AC: 245% | AD: 26-36 | AP: 6 |
CC: 9% | CM: 2.0 | BC: 79% | DR: 0 |
RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 0 |
ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0 |
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Welcome to the forums Zen, for your tablet issue, have you tried playing with the d-pad? It is a nice feature, you can even choose which part of the screen the d-pad is at. I think it helps when playing on the bigger screen.

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

zen1979 wrote:I really love this game, the fact that I stopped playing for quite some time when my first character reaches level 19, got stuck some where which I'm unable to kill the enemies. Then recently I started a new character (just reached level 20 yesterday) and very happy with it. I tried to install AT into my tablet but find it hard to play because the screen is not optimized for tablet and while playing with my phone, I can press the menu button to save my progress but there's no such button when I play it with my tablet. Could Admin try to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Welcome back Zen!

Which tablet are you using?
Operating System?

There might be an easy fix for this, I'll have someone contact you if i can't find the information myself.

Happy hunting adventurer!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

I play AT on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, love it. Only sometimes when pressing the map, it starts in the top left corner and you have to find where you are hiding :-)
Don't recognize the save issue, it is in the task bar for me.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1