v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Using Items in you inventory AP Bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
pokey
android_version: 2.2

Using Items in you inventory AP Bug

Post by pokey »

I am the drunken master. *Hiccup!*

This is probably an "undocumented feature" (v 0.6.11) which will be removed once light is shed upon it, but it works for now, so try it if it's useful. If it gets removed, it really will be legendary.

During combat, and after your enemy's first turn: If you end your turn in the character menu (ie. consuming food or drink from your inventory, NOT YOUR CHEST with ONLY 5 or 6 AP remaining) rather than on the map, your enemy's turn is completely skipped and your turn starts over with full AP. This lets you easily beat very difficult enemies or groups of enemies at the cost of food, and you only need to survive their first round of attack. The enemy doesn't have to hit you for this to work, they just have to have tried at least once. After their first turn, you strike once or thrice (depending on your weapon), drink a brew (or mushroom or bonemeal potion if you need it) from your inventory and repeat. Since mead, mushrooms and strawberries are the cheapest food to buy, they are the best choice for this. You're not worried about healing here, so their +1 hp doesn't even matter, you just want the cheapest thing you can get. The important thing is that they prevent you from taking damage ANY damage after the first round.

I was able to get to Remgard at level 32, using about 350 or 400 bottles of mead (or mushrooms), but only 40 or 50 bonemeal potions. You could do it with less, but I killed every monster, dungeon and boss along the way and in the areas surrounding the trail, and I had $20,000+ when I got there (not counting loot). The wooly venom spider things and their masters cost me 15 to 35 mead/mushrooms each, but that goes way down with anything over about AC 125%.

400 mead sounds like a lot, but compared to the price of using only bonemeal potion to make the same trip, it's a pittance. The only real downside is that it takes quite a while to buy all that food. Really hard to hit monsters can also take a while, but compared to fighting the same monster at the same level with only bonemeal, it's still a time bargain as well as a financial bargain. Good thing too, because I'm going to need some aspirin for the hangover I'll have tomorrow.

Hiccup!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: The Legend of Drunken Master

Post by Sarumar »

:lol: ... IMO this one should to move in bug topic... but it is already reported ?

+1 I love the way how you write this :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
pokey

Post by pokey »

I didn't say "bug." I said "undocumented feature." :mrgreen:

*hiccup*
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

pokey wrote:I didn't say "bug." I said "undocumented feature." :mrgreen:

*hiccup*

..... some intresting posibilities here :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[sorry but this does belong in bugs]

It does work. I used this trick when beating the game at level 1.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Hey, lets keep some resemblance of order here...none of this above is about this particular bug. And yes it is a bug or an exploit, not a feature.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:Hey, lets keep some resemblance of order here...none of this above is about this particular bug. And yes it is a bug or an exploit, not a feature.
agree that it is a bug.

And i don't know what chu are talkin' about boss, seems like everything is in order here ;) (was fixing it already)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

pokey

Post by pokey »

sdevaney wrote:Hey, lets keep some resemblance of order here...none of this above is about this particular bug.
What are you talking about?
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

pokey wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Hey, lets keep some resemblance of order here...none of this above is about this particular bug.
What are you talking about?
There were several posts of things that had nothing to do with the topc. Pyro took care of them and moved them to an appropriate off topic area.
pokey

Post by pokey »

Okay. Thank you. I was totally confused for a bit there.