v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Targeting Issues

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Minsc
android_version: 4.0

Targeting Issues

Post by Minsc »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I have been playing the game about 4 days. I've glided through the game fairly easily. I'm level 27 and don't have any issues with hardly anything in the game. Just want to say that so far the game is enjoyable. I look forward to seeing what comes with the next update. However, I do have one simple suggestion so far. Is it possible to give me a choice of what monster to attack? I don't know if this has been brought up before. If so, I feel it needs rementioning. I found myself trying to do the quest "An Involuntary Carrier" and i got to the high end monsters. I pushed threw them with strategic effort at lvl 19. I was fine until I reached the guys that leech 10 health per hit (don't recall their name). They wouldn't be able to kill me but in return I could not kill them either. Anyways, I fled to revamp my strategy and engaged in combat again, and the guy behind me spawned. I was fighting one guy in front and one behind me, with nowhere to move at all. I was in a corridor and trapped. To the point, my guy was stuck on attacking the one I couldn't kill at the time. Had I been able to switch attack targets i could have easily killed the guy behind me to make an escape. I was within 2k experience of the next level and had to opt an unecessary death because I couldn't choose to attack the guy behind me. He was an easier target. Sorry for the long story, but felt it necessary to explain the scenario that led me to my suggestion.

So I humbly request to have the choice of which monster to attack when fighting more than one at a time.

Thanks!
Last edited by nyktos on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Thread Split - New Topic & Section
Go for the EYES Boo!!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Ideas for The Next Meeting

Post by Antison »

When the battle first begins,long press the NPC that you want to attack first. It will have a reddish glow when being pressed.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Minsc
android_version: 4.0

Post by Minsc »

Thanks for that bit of information. This is good to know. I will try that to see if it works, but if you started the fight, can you switch targets???
Go for the EYES Boo!!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom to the forums Minsc ! and yes you can, just long press any target (or empty space ;) )...

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Targeting Issues

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yes!

Long press on a NPC to switch targets

or

long press on an empty space to move spots

**To reengage an NPC in combat just long click on it again.**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------