v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Friends list

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Friends list

Post by Fire7051 »

So one of the things that I have seen floating around is Multiplayer. Most of the things that are out there are probably unreachable at this moment in time (along with this idea as well).

But something hit me like a sack of bricks so I thought I would throw it in the mix.

How about adding a friend list? For instance: In game you could add a username section (that would also link to the Forum username) that would allow you to connect to other users of the game. This would allow you to add another player as a friend. You could compare stats, send gifts, maybe gamble on a rock paper scissors type game, etc. etc.

While this would add a multiplayer element it would not totally infringe on the game by making it completely dependent on the internet capabilities and should include an option to turn it off.

Anyways just throwing it out there to see if it will sink or swim.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Friends list

Post by Mad P »

That would require the app to reach internet, and last I heard that is not something Oskar is fond of...

But thinking beyond the impossibilities, I agree it would be nice to have some online interaction with the forum members.
For instance, opening up an online world map and see who's playing on the same map right now.
Or, for the special parties in Prim, have a "massive multiplayer online single area" (with graphics based on minecraft 8-) )
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

What I was thinking would be simpler. More like just sending a message or letter to another player. This would require very limited amount of internet and while you would not be able to see the other characters you could recieve items from them, or gold, etc. and maybe a message or two. Messages would require the player to purchase quill, ink, and paper to send a message. Pay for a box for sending items. Stuff like that. You could blow through all that unspent gold rather quickly.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 for generall idea. How about if there is place like "corner table in bar in Prim" where you can singn in..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'm not a fan because the added need,to connect to the internet will kill my battery even more than this game already does and I have no need to communicate while in game since we have such a great community on rgis forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:I'm not a fan because the added need,to connect to the internet will kill my battery even more than this game already does and I have no need to communicate while in game since we have such a great community on rgis forum.
not all the time.. only when you are in the "corner table". . ?
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1