v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

can I help ?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
scottdog
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

can I help ?

Post by scottdog »

I've posted various ideas on quests past and present, had numerous conversations regarding content and the time it takes to write it, etx and how every little bit of help is appreciated, so is there anything I can do to help, I've got a couple of weeks of work now and can do bits and bobs in my spare time, I'm no osker by a long shot and not sure what to do ? But I'm not to bad at coming up with ideas for quests I suppose (many would disagree :D ) pehaps I could write storylines or conversations or something like that to some of these or anything else.I think I read that if you write the story line and conversations then email it to scott or osker but I'm may be wrong, any advice would be appreciated, don't mind doing a bit for the good of the game, many thanks scottdog
Level 76 HP=112 Gold=450,000
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55
BC=99% DR=1 Rols=2 Rol=1 ElyR=1 ShaF=1 ChaR=4 GoLF=1 SRoV=8 VSH=1

fandabbydozey
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Re: can I help ?

Post by Ian »

We would really appreciate that you write a quest!
Here's a link to the wiki which explains how you use the content editor:
http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... est_making
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
scottdog

Post by scottdog »

Will have a look at it Ian.many thanks
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55

fandabbydozey
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Indeed we would welcome any contribution to content. That just allows us to get updates out faster.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Anything you can help with will be great i am sure ScottDog. If you want any help brainstorming ideas let me know and i'd be glad to help you at any time.

Happy hunting everyone! -Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pokey
android_version: 2.2

Post by pokey »

Look at the wiki page about editing/creating maps. It's very, very easy to do, but requires an artist to do it right. I'm no artist, so it'll take me a long time to turn out a useful map. Maybe you're an artist?
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yes the Tiled program is very user friendly, if you have an eye for mapmaking it would be a great thing to try.

if writing is more your cup of tea:

we can always use more quests (side quests etc).

scottdog

Post by scottdog »

Will do brent, thanks for the help, was thinking of writing a bit of dialogue for the new weapon, quest idea I posted on the forum. I will pm you if you don't mind when I've written a bit to see what you think, many thanks
Pyrizzle wrote:Anything you can help with will be great i am sure ScottDog. If you want any help brainstorming ideas let me know and i'd be glad to help you at any time.

AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55

fandabbydozey
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

scottdog wrote:Will do brent, thanks for the help, was thinking of writing a bit of dialogue for the new weapon, quest idea I posted on the forum. I will pm you if you don't mind when I've written a bit to see what you think, many thanks
Pyrizzle wrote:Anything you can help with will be great i am sure ScottDog. If you want any help brainstorming ideas let me know and i'd be glad to help you at any time.

I would be glad to help you out with ideas and brainstorming! PM me anytime and i will get back to you asap.

Looking foward to seeing what you come up with