AP Rollover

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: AP Rollover

Post by Mino »

Xero wrote:I agree with fire. Why punish someone who chooses to use a weapon that doesn't use all ap? To further balance the weapons I think this would be a good fix.
Otherwise, just delete the other weapons from the game because they are not as efficient and Therefor, useless.
Um...don't delete Gut Splitter or Skull Crusher, they should remain for their names alone. I've been using them more as my AD builds up and I can kill more things in one hit. Once it becomes a one-hit killer, Gut Splitter can also be used to attack mobs of 2 if you have level 1 of Cleave (and 2 Combat Speed and JoF). Even if it takes 2 hits to kill the first monster, you'll have 2 AP left over and the 3 from cleave to get a 3rd strike on the 2nd monster.

Skull Crusher was the reason I got level 2 of Cleave, so when I attack a mob I'd get an extra attack after each kill. I'm also working on more levels of More Criticals to land that more powerful hit more often.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Mino wrote:Skull Crusher was the reason I got level 2 of Cleave, so when I attack a mob I'd get an extra attack after each kill. I'm also working on more levels of More Criticals to land that more powerful hit more often.
So the only use for these weapons is with cleave? So all of the prerequisites that are required for cleave has to be met just so that you can get in two swings? So you have to be surronded and you have to kill a mob for two hits?

It seems underpowered to me.

Sounds like in the perfect situation it is usable. If not it is worthless. Don't get me wrong I think Cleave is good in certain places like the spider cave and the iquan cave but in a normal situation AP rollover would be a better solution.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

For skull crusher you get 2 attacks per turn, and its max AD is 26 so that alone is enough for most of the creatures in the game so far. The best way to get more out of it is increasing effective critical chance.

Maybe for weapons with an AD range there can be a ring or skill that increases the chance of getting the max amount per hit. I agree these weapons aren't the most useful, I just wouldn't go as far as calling them worthless.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mino wrote:Maybe for weapons with an AD range there can be a ring or skill that increases the chance of getting the max amount per hit...
Cool suggestion for a ring Mino. That would be a neat ring to have, especially for grinding in areas with NPCs that have high HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

Worthless in the sense that one can simply argue "why would I want to use weapon A which swings and uses 7 or 8 ap or whatever...waste the remaining and not be nearly as effective as weapon B striking 5-6 times per round? Each point of attack multiplies by the number of attacks per round and is much more reliable than critical and multiplier. worthless in that sense.
Needs to be balanced better. Convert remaining ap to next round, impose a penalty when all ap is used for a round, change flat damage increase to a % increase for weapon speed (slow weapon more damage)
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Xero wrote:Worthless in the sense that one can simply argue "why would I want to use weapon A which swings and uses 7 or 8 ap or whatever...waste the remaining and not be nearly as effective as weapon B striking 5-6 times per round? Each point of attack multiplies by the number of attacks per round and is much more reliable than critical and multiplier. worthless in that sense.
Needs to be balanced better. Convert remaining ap to next round, impose a penalty when all ap is used for a round, change flat damage increase to a % increase for weapon speed (slow weapon more damage)
Even just adding something that can be done with the left over AP such as increase BC, AD, or AC would be nice maybe by 5% per point of AP leftover.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I do not know if someone already suggested it, but i like this idea.

Say you have a weapon that is 8 ap cost, and you currently have 10ap per turn (or 12 for that matter) the ap can only roll over to a maximum of double the ap cost. So if it is 8 ap cost the max a rollover can be is 16. If it is a 7ap cost weapon the rollover can only equal up to 14 ap. Same goes if the ap of a weapon is 2 and you have 11 total ap per turn you would have no rollover because the max would be 4. This keeps the advantage of the "rollover system" solely in the category of heavy weapons.

But while having a total 16 ap seems crazy. It would take 3 turns just to get it there so I think it is fairly balanced.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

there are still ways to abuse it.

Lets say you are in a room and there are 2 NPCs, one lil rat and one big baddy, you could start the fight with the rat and keep skipping turns to build up AP then move into battle with the Big Baddy and have a huge AP bonus already.

As long as the 2 NPCs are close enough to each other you could use the one to gain ap to attack the other.

PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I suppose, I did not look at it that way. However, could it not be made so that for the "rollover" to take place you cannot have max ap? Also even if you are skipping turns to land on the "big baddy" that strong monster is still landing on you (causing you to use healing items) thus throwing off the pattern.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

in this scenario you would move into combat with the Big NPC from being out of range. The smaller one wouldn't be powerful enough to cause any serious Heath concerns.

I do see what you are saying