v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in German

Discussions of the development process of the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Translation in German

Post by rijackson741 »

Firefly84 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:51 pm Any clue how to translate "damerilias"?
There is nothing in google. Either it is some "Akelei" or "Amarylis".
I only found some clue in an old botanic book which brought up the "Akelei".

Some description of the flower would help.
As far as I know, the name is just made up. So anything suitably German sounding for a flower name would work.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Hi Firefly.
I'd let the name unchanged here, because it is new.

But let us communicate in weblate or via Mail.

We should translate with 4 eyes, sometimes we translate but not commit, and other times we check translation of others and commit. (or make another proposal)

Like this we get the best quality at good speed - and it makes more fun together

I will start translating too, and maybe Mayweed also likes to help?
Nut
romoel
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by romoel »

Hi, I helped to 100% translation for german today.
But we need some rules like what is gold in german: Goldmünzen or Goldstücke?
Nut

Post by Nut »

Hi romoel,
welcome to the forum, and thx for your surprise present!
I added you to the translator's group, a part of this forum where translators could discuss things without spoiling and in their own language.
Nut
Nut

Post by Nut »

But of course you could also post your questions here.
About the gold, I myself tend to use the word like it is in the rest of the game. But I think Goldstücke and Münzen is used both.
In that case you could choose what you like more. It might be also nice to have some variation.
Sometimes translators even decide to go over the whole game content and eliminate such differences. In such cases I prefer that translators discuss this with another one.
Over all the results are best when translators work 4 eyed. One suggests a translation and another accepts or suggests some change. And vice versa.

I have seen the user 'anonymous' in weblate who had translated much of the missing German content during last weeks. Was it you?
Nut
romoel
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by romoel »

Thank you :-) I will read the forum because I like the game very much, but I need time because of job...

I'm not 'anonymous'. I was very suprised because he did a lot of translation work but only as suggestions. My main work was to accept his suggestions.
freitags
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by freitags »

Hi guys,
I started the game about 2 months ago. At some point I discovered that Gael can fry your meat, but the dialogues are suddenly in English again. I would like to start the translation of the more than 2000 missing texts. Some of them have already been suggested by me and other 'anonymous'.
Who needs a signature? :mrgreen:
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I thought the German translation was already at 100%.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
freitags
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by freitags »

Obviously not. Not in the game (downloaded 0.8.9 from F-droid) and not on weblate either.

How to become a member of the translator group? At some point I would need help to clarify meanings.
Who needs a signature? :mrgreen:
Nut

Post by Nut »

Hey freitags,
that's a good thing that you like to complete the translations again.
Yes, we once had 100%, but it is constant struggling, because every now and then comes new English content to translate...
Screenshot_2024-02-11-13-35-08-87_e0e469fd6aff7f8ef8acbe988f8fd4d0.jpg
At the moment German is only about 87% translated.

It's best to translate e.g. in pairs. One suggest a bunch of translations and the other checks and accepts or bring other proposals. But of course yoy need to find a buddy.
There are no fix translator groups, but I would imagine there are other players who are willing to help.

So you have done the right thing to ask here in forum, maybe Discord would be good too (you are at Discord? If not I could place a post for you)

And yes, there is a translator group, and we can give you access to it. But at the moment I don't see much traffic there. I think translators communicate more directly or in weblate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut