Religions of the game

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Re: Religions of the game

Post by Fire7051 »

Stompp wrote:Kinda off topic from where this has been headed, but I really want to see the witch turn out to be the leader or a member of some cult of the black arts (or something cool) ;)
If we are talking about the Remgaurd witch then I am pretty sure that she is a loner. If she wasn't
then there would be no need for our hero to kill the rats
Also through the story line it is kind of hinted at that she is a loner that lived in the town and just got kicked out for her umm beliefs. (See I brought it back on topic :lol: )
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

PK17 wrote:My only concern with kazual is, why does he let the imps (tiny little fairy guys) hold a rapier. It is bigger than they are haha.
Yeah, it would make more sense if the RoL was dropped by one of the bigger Vaeregh or Allaceph in the Lich cave by Loneford. It would spread the Legendary items out a little more too.
Stompp wrote:Kinda off topic from where this has been headed, but I really want to see the witch turn out to be the leader or a member of some cult of the black arts (or something cool) ;)
Well in my game she's dead :twisted:
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

slayer wrote:
PK17 wrote:My only concern with kazual is, why does he let the imps (tiny little fairy guys) hold a rapier. It is bigger than they are haha.
Yeah, it would make more sense if the RoL was dropped by one of the bigger Vaeregh or Allaceph in the Lich cave by Loneford. It would spread the Legendary items out a little more too.
Well in my game she's dead :twisted:
I was thinking...

Path 1: You killed her, and then there's quest to investigate the rumor that she'd started some kind of cult, or a cult started based off of her ideas.

Path 2: You joined her, and there are quests to begin the cult, or at least track down more like-minded individuals... probably some minor questlines in nor city even :)
Lvl: 30, XP: 478811, Gold: gone, RoLS: 1, RoL: 0
HP: 83, AC: 246%, AD: 20-24, AP: 3/12, ECC: 23%, CM: 3, BC: 50%, DR: 0
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Stompp wrote: I was thinking...

Path 1: You killed her, and then there's quest to investigate the rumor that she'd started some kind of cult, or a cult started based off of her ideas.

Path 2: You joined her, and there are quests to begin the cult, or at least track down more like-minded individuals... probably some minor questlines in nor city even :)
I am excited about this one :D . Maybe I can come up with something for this.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Thats awesome because I let her live in my main build.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

I think it's great to see the discussion going on what "religion" really is. In real life, me personally, I see it as something that gives people a meaning to their existance, even though me personally am not in any way religious. In the world of Andor's Trail, it's supposed to serve the same purpose - to provide something that people can believe in in order for them to improve their own lives, or to explain things that happen around them. The recent drought, or the recent crops that have gone bad, they must surely be because of their faltering belief in the almighty Shadow, must it not? What else could it be?

In Andor's Trail, the only thing similar to a religion is the people's current belief in "the Shadow". It protects them in the night when they sleep, and it comforts them from the blazing sun. It guides them on paths they have not yet tread, and on the paths that are not clearly visible to them. It is even rumored that the Shadow can make you revisit long lost relatives, although that concept has not yet been made clear to the general public.

Regarding Kazaul and Elythara, the following is a quote from our "Design outline" document:
Kazaul and Elythara were deities that people used to believe in before. Nowadays, the people put their trust in the rulers of Feygard or in the Shadow. The concept of the Shadow was based on the former worshippers of Kazaul, but the people that follow the Shadow do not approve of Kazaul.

Some people still worship the old gods, and their altars can be found throughout the land. There has been rumors of cults following the old gods.
Anyway, great to see the discussion going!
/Oskar
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

oskarwiksten wrote:Some people still worship the old gods, and their altars can be found throughout the land. There has been rumors of cults following the old gods.
:lol: I'm in the cult ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Someone should make a "who am I" quiz regarding the religions/cults/factions of the game. Just a normal questionnaire designed to show which factions have similar qualities/beliefs as the player. I think some would be suprised to see they actually agree with a different faction than what they think.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

PK17 wrote:Someone should make a "who am I" quiz regarding the religions/cults/factions of the game. Just a normal questionnaire designed to show which factions have similar qualities/beliefs as the player. I think some would be suprised to see they actually agree with a different faction than what they think.
I'm all up for that. I think I am 'good' leaning towards neutral with my main build, so maybe Elythara is not for me, but the Shadow neither... Kazaul seems to be too evil :-P
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Meirerion

Post by Meirerion »

In the old times Kazaul was the enemy of Elythara but she wiped his cult out of the known world. Then a sect worshipping the "Shadow" (Elythara's antagonist) arose and in a brutal way ended the reign of Elythara.
For a thousand years Elythara's and Kazual's cultists had to hide but now, thanks to Feygard, the Shadow's Priests power is weakening and the old gods are preparing their return.

Let's all sing for the return of Elythara:

I'm coming back
I will return
And I'll possess your body
and I'll make you burn
I'll have the fire
I'll have the force
I'll have the power
to make my evil take its course
(c) Iron Maiden etc.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path