v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I seem to be stuck

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

I seem to be stuck

Post by nezkeys79 »

Okay so I was trying to find Brightport and one of the members said keep going past the irdegh to find a new town. I tried north of the irdegh (which kind of looks like something that would lead to a town) but was unable to go any further. I tried south in that purple poison area but couldnt go any further south (which the signpost a little north near the bridges said Brightport was).

So I just carried on going through the irdegh and the spider cave, and through the maonit brutes, and ended up at Remgard. I'm not sure if I have gone too far, or even if Brightport was available, and the new town the other member was talking about was in fact Remgard?

Anyways i used the remaining 80 bonemeal potions (had around 400 used in the rotworm quest) getting there with all those nasty status ailments, and the priest in loneford wouldnt offer me anymore, so I'm hoping i can get them in Remgard lol. Oh yea i decided to tell the guard about the woman in the hut (after doing her rat extermination quest) and hoping this was the best option cause nearest save is at the bridges before the irdegh area
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: I seem to be stuck

Post by Tomcat »

Remgard is the town to find. Brightport doesn't exist yet. It's easy to get stuck in Remgard temporarily if you needed potions to get there but don't have as many left, but you'll get home eventually. If you want the spoilers on the upshot of your choice, check the Remgard area thread in Game Related Questions.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

well if i have to walk back through the spiders and irdegh there is no way i will be able to do that. several encounters are forced and i doubt 15 major potion of health will get me back. i do however think i may be able to just die cause the last place i slept was loneford i think. just checking out remgard for the time being picked up a few quests
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

nezkeys79 wrote:Okay so I was trying to find Brightport and one of the members said keep going past the irdegh to find a new town. I tried north of the irdegh (which kind of looks like something that would lead to a town) but was unable to go any further. I tried south in that purple poison area but couldnt go any further south (which the signpost a little north near the bridges said Brightport was).

So I just carried on going through the irdegh and the spider cave, and through the maonit brutes, and ended up at Remgard. I'm not sure if I have gone too far, or even if Brightport was available, and the new town the other member was talking about was in fact Remgard?

Anyways i used the remaining 80 bonemeal potions (had around 400 used in the rotworm quest) getting there with all those nasty status ailments, and the priest in loneford wouldnt offer me anymore, so I'm hoping i can get them in Remgard lol. Oh yea i decided to tell the guard about the woman in the hut (after doing her rat extermination quest) and hoping this was the best option cause nearest save is at the bridges before the irdegh area
I should have done the rat quest before going for Remgard as well :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

nezkeys79 wrote:well if i have to walk back through the spiders and irdegh there is no way i will be able to do that. several encounters are forced and i doubt 15 major potion of health will get me back. i do however think i may be able to just die cause the last place i slept was loneford i think. just checking out remgard for the time being picked up a few quests
Many players do that trick on purpose .. It'll work just fine, though you may want to wait until you have just leveled, to minimize the xp loss. That may not be an option for you, given your lack of potions.

If it is still possible to get into Remgard to buy health potions, your other option would be to grind critters around the lake till you can buy enough major health to make it back past the spiders. Building up skills like regeneration will help also. That's how I got home the first time.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

Hehe, 1 skillpoint in regen is awesome, just get to a safe place (outside of the path of wandering monsters) and leave AT running while you do other stuff, when you come back TADA more health.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I love regeneration on my builds, it allows me to not have to worry as much about running out of potions.

It also saves me heaps of money when grinding for Legendary items (heal while waiting for respawn)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------