Idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tyler1750

Idea

Post by Tyler1750 »

1) Maybe once the maps are bigger, you can put in scrolls that take you to the major cities. They would cost like 100g or something.

2) You can buy attack damage%, block chance%, ect for gold.

3) We can buy a bow and arrows, and hit a monster from up to 5 steps away, but it takes them 5(ap) to move one step.

4) Add Magic? For example, you can cast a spell that burns your enemy which hits 2 damage on them every turn. Or you can increase your accuracy for 1 minute, heal yourself, ect. If you add magic, then you need to add another status bar, like hp but tp instead.

5) You can freeze time for 3 seconds every 5 minutes. Example, incase you have 1hp and no pots left.

Please comment, or suggest anything. If you need me, I have a lot more ideas to offer. Thank you for your time.
Rolling Thunder
android_version: 2.2

Re: Idea

Post by Rolling Thunder »

I really like idea #1. It really bugs me having to walk for like 5 minutes to get from one place to another. I definitely think that they should add that.
qasur

Post by qasur »

Rolling Thunder wrote:I really like idea #1. It really bugs me having to walk for like 5 minutes to get from one place to another. I definitely think that they should add that.
There are a couple of threads for this (I even started one not long ago), but I think the "cooler" aspect is to integrate "magic teleporting" via the NPCs in the game. Like, Unzel/Vacor can teleport you (maybe make is so Unzel costs more since he's the apprentice if you kill Vacor, and then make Vacor's cheaper because he's the master/teacher). In other places, like Prim/Blackwater, you could use the Sages/Mages up there. Each might require certain "materials" and/or Gold (~1000 or ~2000), and let you teleport *only* to a city (probably outside a tavern or into the same location as a local mage/sage/priest, whatever).

In all honesty, the reason I don't find this a bad thing is because you will spend Gold/items to quickly traverse a long distance, compared to taking the time to travel that distance and fighting monsters and earning experience and items. So, in one way, you're giving up Gold and EXP to move compared to earning Gold and EXP. I think it's a good trade-off.

/shrug

But we'll have to see how possible this would be to do. I've been looking over the movement code when you "die" to see if there is an easy way to accomplish this, but I'm just kinda lost (still trying to get the grips on this type of programming).
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

qasur wrote:
Rolling Thunder wrote: I've been looking over the movement code when you "die" to see if there is an easy way to accomplish this, but I'm just kinda lost (still trying to get the grips on this type of programming).
You do know there is a teleport stone in BWM. Maybe the code for that is what you should look at.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

kabbie1882 wrote:
qasur wrote:
Rolling Thunder wrote: I've been looking over the movement code when you "die" to see if there is an easy way to accomplish this, but I'm just kinda lost (still trying to get the grips on this type of programming).
You do know there is a teleport stone in BWM. Maybe the code for that is what you should look at.
Without looking at the code at all:
I suspect that it's the same as a regular exit from one map to another.
Lord Violentwynds
android_version: 2.0

Post by Lord Violentwynds »

The teleport idea is a good idea but, only to and from somewhere you have already been. If not in a town a wayport that needs unlocked once found. Have some of them only go a few places.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I like the first idea, the transport between towns for a price.

As for #2, buying increases in AD, AC and BC, we already have that with being able to buy equipment to boost our stats. I think being able to outright buy upgrades would make the game too easy, since eventually you'll get to a point where money is no object.

For the rest, I'm fine with the way it is now, you fight your monsters face to face. But if a bow and arrow became available I'd probably use it :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Tyler1750 wrote:1) Maybe once the maps are bigger, you can put in scrolls that take you to the major cities. They would cost like 100g or something.

2) You can buy attack damage%, block chance%, ect for gold.

3) We can buy a bow and arrows, and hit a monster from up to 5 steps away, but it takes them 5(ap) to move one step.

4) Add Magic? For example, you can cast a spell that burns your enemy which hits 2 damage on them every turn. Or you can increase your accuracy for 1 minute, heal yourself, ect. If you add magic, then you need to add another status bar, like hp but tp instead.

5) You can freeze time for 3 seconds every 5 minutes. Example, incase you have 1hp and no pots left.

Please comment, or suggest anything. If you need me, I have a lot more ideas to offer. Thank you for your time.
1. Would be nice to teleport, but at minimum, give us a torch to make it easier to get back and forth from BWM/Prim.
2. It'll never happen, no matter how much all of us would like something that amazing to spend our extra gold on...
3. Doubt that'll happen either, but I could possibly see some kind of spell (rift spell-esque).
4. Oh, I got ahead of myself there, should have read your whole post first.
5. Freeze time? Maybe you should get an NES emulator (I like Nesoid) and play a little MegaMan2. Just kidding. Your best bet to avoid getting really hurt by this is to save often and get Fortitude as early as possible. High HP make it really easy to not die unexpectedly. I think I may have the highest HP out of every player on the forum, but I need to be able to play when I can't give it my full attention because of how I get most of my grinding done. Fortitude is a really good deal too because it only take a couple skill point investment to never have to choose HP on a level up, and it gives you a bonus every single level for the rest of the game. Not many other skills keep on giving ('cept for QL, another skill I'm quite partial to).
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+