v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Keep Irogotu's necklace or Unzel's boots?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
merrill77
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Keep Irogotu's necklace or Unzel's boots?

Post by merrill77 »

First - I've just started playing this in the past week and I'm really enjoying it! Kudos to the entire development team :> Wish I could find time to help :(

I'm currently using the Jewel of Fallhaven and the Woodcutters boots. When I went to sell Irogotu's necklace and Unzel's boots, I was warned that these are unique and I could never get them back. Will these be handy again later in the game? Is there some other reason to hold onto them?

TIA!
Chris
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Keep Irogotu's necklace or Unzel's boots?

Post by sorrow »

Hey welcome to forum. As for your question you can keep them or sell them. As of right now I personally haven't found a reason to keep them. But if you'd like save the game 2 time on 2 different profiles. So on case you need them later in the game you can.load the pro that has the items.

And as for helping out with the dev process of the game, if you have an idea for an item or quest post your idea in the future idea forum and we will all help you out. As a place to start when writing a quest check out my quest called scream pain and fire. You will be able to see the process from a simple basic idea to a full on complicated quest which took months of making. You will also see how the whole AT community helped in making of it (if indeed it gets put in the game.

Hope this helps you out. Were all here to help.
Again welcome to the game and forum.
Sorrow

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Merrill77,
Keep them! The game is still in development so we never know if they will be used down the road.

If you are hard-up for gold then we can suggest plenty of places at your current level for which to go to build-up your gold supply.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

Antison wrote:If you are hard-up for gold then we can suggest plenty of places at your current level for which to go to build-up your gold supply.
Yeah, that's pretty much the issue. I feel like I'm at a point where some new items are needed before I can move on to the next areas - at least the creatures seem to be a bit more formidable as I move outside of the Loneford/Crossroads area. I have no trouble whacking through all the hounds east of Loneford, but that is getting boring. The lizards just past them give me trouble, though I haven't tried too hard to get past them. FWIW, I'm a casual gamer - rarely spend more than a few hours a week playing puzzle games, etc. This is the first game in a long while that has kept me up late :>

My current stats are:
Level 18
47 HP
Skills: Weapon Accuracy, Dodge (2), Treasure Hunter
Leather Cap (+6% BC)
Superior Hard Leather Armor (+15% BC)
Jewel of Fallhaven
Gutsplitter (6 AP, +21% AC, 7-17 AD)
Reinforced wooden buckler (-5% AC, +7% BC)
Mikhails ring (+10% AC)
Bar Brawlers ring (+12% AC, +0-1 AD)
Troublemakers gloves (+7% AC, +4 critical, +4% BC, +1 HP)
Woodcutters boots (+3% AC, +8% BC, +1 HP)

still have the fine steel broadsword I was using prior to finishing the woodcutters quest, as well as the boots and necklace mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the help!
Chris
merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

sorrow wrote:Hey welcome to forum. As for your question you can keep them or sell them. As of right now I personally haven't found a reason to keep them. But if you'd like save the game 2 time on 2 different profiles. So on case you need them later in the game you can.load the pro that has the items.
I'll do that. Is there a way we can name the profiles? The current auto-names seem like a good default, but it'd be nice if I could name them something more meaningful.
sorrow wrote:And as for helping out with the dev process of the game, if you have an idea for an item or quest post your idea in the future idea forum and we will all help you out. As a place to start when writing a quest check out my quest called scream pain and fire. You will be able to see the process from a simple basic idea to a full on complicated quest which took months of making. You will also see how the whole AT community helped in making of it (if indeed it gets put in the game.
I may take a look at the DPad implementation - I've got an idea for an alternate implementation that would be more natural for me.

Thanks!
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

No problem I suggest head southwest till u find flagstone prison and have your self a grand old time down there also head southeast of fallheaven to vilegrad there are things to do down there as well.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
only1doug

Post by only1doug »

merrill77 wrote:
sorrow wrote:Hey welcome to forum. As for your question you can keep them or sell them. As of right now I personally haven't found a reason to keep them. But if you'd like save the game 2 time on 2 different profiles. So on case you need them later in the game you can.load the pro that has the items.
I'll do that. Is there a way we can name the profiles? The current auto-names seem like a good default, but it'd be nice if I could name them something more meaningful.
sorrow wrote:And as for helping out with the dev process of the game, if you have an idea for an item or quest post your idea in the future idea forum and we will all help you out. As a place to start when writing a quest check out my quest called scream pain and fire. You will be able to see the process from a simple basic idea to a full on complicated quest which took months of making. You will also see how the whole AT community helped in making of it (if indeed it gets put in the game.
I may take a look at the DPad implementation - I've got an idea for an alternate implementation that would be more natural for me.

Thanks!
If you use a file editor to re-name the game you can call it what you like, this is a good way to backup your game as you can save it to another location (cloud based storage or removable media) at the same time. changing the name from the standad format makes it in-accessable from within the game, so you will need to rename it back into the standard format before you can use it again.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

Thanks!
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Hey mer that's what were hear for

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Welcome to the forums new adventurer!

I'd recommend saving the unique items that you may not have a use for at this time, you never know when they might become useful later on down the line.

For your level i'd reccomend staying in the mainland area and hunting down anything that drops meats (Wolves, wild dogs, foxes, snakes, etc), i go in little circles sleeping in a bed somewhere along the way. (I start in Crossglen, head east, then north, then south (2 screens), then west, then south, then south, then east (a few screens), before heading back north into Fallhaven for a bed.... then starting over again. =)

The grind at first may take a bit but keep working on your AC (Attack chance: means you are likely to hit more often) and your AD (Means you will hit for more damage), and you ill be fine.

Happy hunting!
-Pyrizzle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------