World map?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: World map?

Post by sdevaney »

missladyartemis wrote:Just to update, the link to syn is a bad link. Also, is nobody able to help me & kendraso figure out how to work it, if the link could be corrected?
This topic is a year old and things have changed quite a bit. I will see about getting a new map up sometime soon. In the meantime thegleep has a world map that is up to v0.6.10 I believe. http://thegleep.com/index.php?title=And ... %27s_Trail
sdevaney
Site Admin

Re: World Map

Post by sdevaney »

missladyartemis wrote:I have a suggestion - Please when you have created the world map and found a way to put it in game, would you also post some sort of PDF or GIF or JPG or whatever? While having an in-game map may offer options for quick travel (if built to do so), it is not going to be as useful while trying to figure out where something is meant to be while playing - especially if trying to do this via cell phone.

Thank you :)
The world map display is just an html file that stitches the screen shots of the maps together so once we release the source, yes it will be possible to view it outside of the game, but having any map even an in game map is better than no map at all.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Game Map - NOT in game?

Post by phydeaux »

Stoodge
android_version: 4.0

Post by Stoodge »

outside of the game the maps by thegleep have been considered as some of the best available. the only thing is that I believe it is only current to ver 0.6.10. the new areas in the latest release have not been compiled yet.
there are other threads where people have done alot of work to screen capture entire areas, as well as some much older ones with the 'plan' for the world as a whole.
unfortunately as I am only on my phone I cant post the links at them moment but I am sure with a little searching through the forum they can be found.

Code: Select all

Lvl: 60, XP: 3681789, Gold: 280362, RoLS: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1
HP: 137, AC: 237% , AD: 36-47, AP: 3, CHS: 23, ECC: 16%, CM: 2.0, BC: 91%, DR: 2 
WA, HH, Dg, BS, CS(2), IF(2), Rg(2), MF(2), SM, EB, DBS
R.I.P. my original character : Stoodge
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The next update will contain an in-game map.

For now use the link that phydeaux had provided above.

Happy hunting everyone!

[COMBINED 3 THREADS COVERING THE SAME TOPIC]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McAndy the slasher

Post by McAndy the slasher »

How much will the world map show? i.e. will a certain hideout be shown or rooms / dungeons under buildings.

I think a map is a great idea but I also enjoy the thrill of wandering round not knowing what's round the next corner. I feel like I know Andor's world like the back of my hand as I've had to spend so much time exploring every part of it just in case there is a cave etc. tucked away in a dark corner
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

McAndy the slasher wrote:How much will the world map show? i.e. will a certain hideout be shown or rooms / dungeons under buildings.

I think a map is a great idea but I also enjoy the thrill of wandering round not knowing what's round the next corner. I feel like I know Andor's world like the back of my hand as I've had to spend so much time exploring every part of it just in case there is a cave etc. tucked away in a dark corner
--edited, typo and stupid question fixed--
+1 really good question. AFAIK and I hope that too; ingame. world map is "just" a screencaptures of those locations where you already have been. So hopefully it will not reveal any of the routes or hidden places... ?
Last edited by Sarumar on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Sarumar wrote:
McAndy the slasher wrote:How much will the world map show? i.e. will a certain hideout be shown or rooms / dungeons under buildings.

+1 really good question. AFAK (do i spell it right ?) and I hope that too; ingame. world map is "just" a screencaptures of those locations where you already have been. So hopefully it will not reveal any of the routes or hidden places... ?
It only shows where you have been like Sarumar said. Also not every place will have a map available. The only thing I can say for certain at this point is that all outside maps will be shown, we haven't discussed which if any indoor maps should be shown but plan to discuss it at the next meeting. The map is persistent and doesn't reset on a new character either but that may be something we change once we are polishing up.

@Saurmar AFAIK = As Far As I Know
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

@sdevaney, thanks for a reply and spelling tips
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Kruncha

Post by Kruncha »

sdevaney wrote:The only thing I can say for certain at this point is that all outside maps will be shown, we haven't discussed which if any indoor maps should be shown but plan to discuss it at the next meeting.
It would be good if no indoor maps where shown unless a map had been found/bought in-game, that would add an extra element to things.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?