All my questions are belong to you.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
invalidname
android_version: 2.0

All my questions are belong to you.

Post by invalidname »

Hey there skilled players, i have a few questions for you - but first i will share my character:

I leveled Savant up to lvl 30, only picking improved fortify twice so i have 5 skill points to spend.
I can get the new skills at charwood.

This is where i split my character save (at least) three ways and my questions begin:

1) Dualwield - best crit weapons are daggers yes?
Should i go dagger prof and light armour prof?

2)Two Handed - at the moment the best for dam is Skullcrusher, this works out to be a beast damagewise, i also have the greataxe of shattered hope.
Should i go light armour and +crit? or heavy armour to make up for no shield?

Sword and Shield - i dont have a great one hander - been using the hard steel sword and DR gear while grinding upto lvl 30.
Now my question here is what is a good 'artifact' one handed wepon, and where can i find it?
I would grab shield prof, heavy armour prof and *weapon* prof.

I like the sound of sword and shield personally, so would appreciate your advice on what a good wepon to use would be - not too concerned about crit in this build - that will be for the dualwielder/twohanderer.

my base stats are:
hp 60
ap 10
attk 125
dam 9
block 24

most powerful killed : Morkin Elder
most common kill : Small Rabid Dog 615
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: All my questions are belong to you.

Post by sorrow »

Answer to your 1st question : if you duel weild I think the qsd is a must (found at crossroad guardhouse) and then what ever other weapon you want. But even swords can be set in both hands. As for what Prof you should get armor wise I suggest heavy and light.
Answer 2: I'm currently playing as a 2h weapon character and I suggest getting the xul'viir its my favorite 2h sword and with the right Lvl up skills can be very powerful. And again I suggest both heavy and light armor pro.
answer 3: everyone will suggest a different 1h weapon but my favorite for 1h weapon is.flagstone pride (found in flagstone prison) and shield would be the remgard shield. And in this case I would get light heavy and shield pro.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
invalidname
android_version: 2.0

Post by invalidname »

for the heavy armor sword and shield build im not concerned about crit, so flagstone isnt as good as the hardened steel sword.
im asking if there is something better than the hardsteel sword around?
(not counting legendary weapons)

thanks.

also, where do i find xuillver (spelling bad, i know)
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

The xul'viir isthe broken sword dropped by the hira'zinn in the cave under lodar house. It cost 3 crystals to get it tho.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

1) Duel Wielding: Any combination of 2 one handed weapons. I have found that using 2 daggers (or weapons with low attack cost) is a powerful combination. The QSD has become less powerful since duel wielding has come out and i recommend using a different dagger that doesn't lower your BC as much and still has a AP cost around 3 or 4.

2) Armor Pro: I prefer using light armors because they have less penalties, but Heavy Armors are also an excellent choice (Especially when going for a no critical damage build). My only big issue with Heavy armor is that there is usually a move cost penalty.

3) Weapon Pro: Choosing the right weapon can be tough but once you pick one stick with it or you will have to spend precious Crystals to change your mind or specialize in a second weapon.
My 2 usual choices:
Daggers: Low AP cost, low damage, high AC, either low or negative BC (so lots of swings in a turn but no or little blocking power)
Swords: Med AP cost, Med AD, Good BC (Average all around, balanced steel swords are great weapons for duel wielding)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

I myself went with longsword/rapier prof. At level 35 I have 301% AC, and deal 46-60 damage a swing (3 hits per turn). 3 skills into weapon accuracy and the rest into dual wield/1 into the proficiency. I've also got 38% BC but that doesn't mean too much. I actually would have had all of those stats by level 30 if I had went to charwood and remgard earlier. But I've been mowing through everything really with that setup.

The main reason I picked longsword/rapier was for the BSS and if I ever get the RoL, I wouldn't have to worry about healing as much (I go through bonemeal pots pretty quickly.)
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

great title!

welcome to the forum

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nether wrote:(I go through bonemeal pots pretty quickly.)
Didn't you hear?! Bonemeal potions are illegal. Be careful adventurer!

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:
They're only illegal if there's somebody there to enforce the law. No Feygard guard has ever stopped me for a search.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Antison wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:
They're only illegal if there's somebody there to enforce the law. No Feygard guard has ever stopped me for a search.
It's a good thing you are not in New York, where stop and searches are a regular thing (which are highly Illegal btw). :?