v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Lovin' This

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
jlhromeo
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Lovin' This

Post by jlhromeo »

First time poster, finally crawled out from the shadows to say hello. 8-)

I am truly enjoying this game, stumbled upon it by chance in the android market searching for roguelikes. Boy was I lucky!

Anywhoo, I'm level 31 on an ad/ac critty dual wielding daggerish build, currently losing my sanity in the gargoyle cave searching for the one ring... :shock:

I'm sure ill update to a fancy sig/avatar soon. Wanted to see how active this community was before joining/posting, and I am impressed. Look forward to playing and posting with you all. Cheers! :)
Heeeeeey you guys!
Sarumar
VIP

Re: Lovin' This

Post by Sarumar »

jlhromeo wrote:First time poster, finally crawled out from the shadows to say hello. 8-)

I am truly enjoying this game, stumbled upon it by chance in the android market searching for roguelikes. Boy was I lucky!

Anywhoo, I'm level 31 on an ad/ac critty dual wielding daggerish build, currently losing my sanity in the gargoyle cave searching for the one ring... :shock:

I'm sure ill update to a fancy sig/avatar soon. Wanted to see how active this community was before joining/posting, and I am impressed. Look forward to playing and posting with you all. Cheers! :)

Welcom to the family of AT,

Im pleased to finally meet one of our longlost brother.

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
jlhromeo

Post by jlhromeo »

Sarumar wrote: Welcom to the family of AT,

good hunting
Thank you sarumar. Any advice for grinding for the RoLs would be great, but I know its all a matter of time/chance.

Also, what are your thoughts on Taunt on a "dps" type build? I'm not sure its worth investing if I can kill most in the first round using qsd/jof/combat speed2. I've seen a few posts saying mobs losing only 2ap is not really much but curious if you tried it.

Thanks for the warm welcome 8-)
Heeeeeey you guys!
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

jlhromeo wrote:

good hunting
Thank you sarumar. Any advice for grinding for the RoLs would be great, but I know its all a matter of time/chance.

Also, what are your thoughts on Taunt on a "dps" type build? I'm not sure its worth investing if I can kill most in the first round using qsd/jof/combat speed2. I've seen a few posts saying mobs losing only 2ap is not really much but curious if you tried it.

hmm... IMO time spend and your relationship whit the Lady Luck is the key... selling your soul might help too :lol:
Someones likes to save and reload method; save near of many monster, kill them all, look at your inventory, if there is not what you are after reload... repead ultil you got one..

IMO multible builds strategy is better; save something like four copies of your build in the room next of the monster who might drop wanted item. Start playing for number one, kill all the mobs and go back to the starting point. Look at the inventory (sooner or later there is the item) and save the game. Load game 2 and do the same thing, etc. After played all the prox four savegamea start a new round for savegame 1 (all monsters respawn after 3 min.).

Or you can make a grinding route(kill all - go to sleep - kill all - go to sleep), etc type of loop.

I prefer playing multible character simultaonesly. So i play some build and every now and then i go dor doing grinding loop in another build.

IMO taunt, concussion, fracture, internal bleeding are useless becauce you probably kill them all in single round..... but in my newest monk style build (barehanded non armoured) i might fo for Taunt and perhaps concussion too.

good hunting
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

What is "dps"?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
OMGitsMe
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by OMGitsMe »

Sarumar wrote:
jlhromeo wrote:

good hunting

I did the load/reload method for both RoLS, and my RoL... Saves a ton of time, but you gain no exp or money... Just endless grinding for a single loot... Your method will depend on your patience.

hmm... IMO time spend and your relationship whit the Lady Luck is the key... selling your soul might help too :lol:
Someones likes to save and reload method; save near of many monster, kill them all, look at your inventory, if there is not what you are after reload... repead ultil you got one..

IMO multible builds strategy is better; save something like four copies of your build in the room next of the monster who might drop wanted item. Start playing for number one, kill all the mobs and go back to the starting point. Look at the inventory (sooner or later there is the item) and save the game. Load game 2 and do the same thing, etc. After played all the prox four savegamea start a new round for savegame 1 (all monsters respawn after 3 min.).

Or you can make a grinding route(kill all - go to sleep - kill all - go to sleep), etc type of loop.

I prefer playing multible character simultaonesly. So i play some build and every now and then i go dor doing grinding loop in another build.

IMO taunt, concussion, fracture, internal bleeding are useless becauce you probably kill them all in single round..... but in my newest monk style build (barehanded non armoured) i might fo for Taunt and perhaps concussion too.

good hunting
(my original line is up there ^, quoted in the wrong spot .lol)
Last edited by OMGitsMe on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
jlhromeo

Post by jlhromeo »

Antison wrote:What is "dps"?
Damage per second. I know it works in rounds with AT, but its a term used in many other games. I should have said high dmg per round. :)

The grind in this game brings back fond memories of Diablo II for some reason. That is meant to be a compliment to AT.

The barehanded monk style seems neat and away from the normal which I enjoy and respect. Best of luck!
Heeeeeey you guys!
OMGitsMe
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by OMGitsMe »

Welcome to the club, by the way!
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

jlhromeo wrote:
The barehanded monk style seems neat and away from the normal which I enjoy and respect. Best of luck!
Thanks, this is a bit harder way to play
Sarumar

nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

jlhromeo wrote:First time poster, finally crawled out from the shadows to say hello. 8-)
welcome to the boards, it's always great to see another excited member!

:twisted:

and good luck with the ring!

from my experence, luck is everything...
i have been on both sides of the grind.

Best RoLS grind - 2,500 kills / 2 drops
Worst ElyR grind - 40,000 kills / 0 drops

(*ElyR & RoLS have the same drop rate)

=====================

my opionion on Magic Finder...
2 ranks feels like a "sweet spot"

and, i would only take it if you wanted a full set...
not just to get the ring.

(skills, obviously being hard to come by)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]