Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

Post by QQkp »

Oh that's beautiful, reizy! I had been (very, very slowly) working on something like this, but I'm happy I don't have to pretend to be a competent web developer anymore (it ain't pretty)

A couple minor things:
  • You have an "other" monster type, I think for characters that don't explicitly declare a type? The game engine treats them as humanoid.
  • It seems some non-merchant NPCs are in the merchant list, particularly in the Guynmart area - I guess because some NPCs there have unused droplists? (I suppose the only definitive way to filter this is to parse out the NPC's dialog tree looking for "nextPhraseID":"S" - maybe too much trouble)
  • Nit: could you add a title in the header other than "React App"? I have too many tabs open, and a terrible memory :D
reizy
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by reizy »

QQkp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm The game engine treats them as humanoid.
I know. But there are a lot of "Dusty old book", "Ball" and so on. So I think it would be better to fix game JSONs. Furthermore there are other things like duplicate monster id or map with two globalmap links in game sources now. :?
QQkp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm [*]It seems some non-merchant NPCs are in the merchant list, particularly in the Guynmart area - I guess because some NPCs there have unused droplists? (I suppose the only definitive way to filter this is to parse out the NPC's dialog tree looking for "nextPhraseID":"S" - maybe too much trouble)
Yes, but it looks a bit hard) I'll take a look.
QQkp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm [*]Nit: could you add a title in the header other than "React App"? I have too many tabs open, and a terrible memory :D
Done)

By the way, I've added floating header block to grids, but not sure if it works good enough :?:
QQkp

Post by QQkp »

reizy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pmI know. But there are a lot of "Dusty old book", "Ball" and so on. So I think it would be better to fix game JSONs.
Yeah, that's fair. Maybe I can try doing a bit of cleanup there.
reizy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pmFurthermore there are other things like duplicate monster id or map with two globalmap links in game sources now. :?
I haven't come across any duplicate monster ids, but I'd love to fix any issues you come across - I like data that makes sense. :D
reizy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pm
QQkp wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm [*]Nit: could you add a title in the header other than "React App"? I have too many tabs open, and a terrible memory :D
Done)

By the way, I've added floating header block to grids, but not sure if it works good enough :?:
Works well for me - thanks again!
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

There are Carpenter Hammer, Hand axe and LifeTaker. I'd love to know where to get those...
reizy
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by reizy »

Soullessktty wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 am There are Carpenter Hammer, Hand axe and LifeTaker. I'd love to know where to get those...
I'll add quest-links a bit later ;)
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

reizy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm
Soullessktty wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 am There are Carpenter Hammer, Hand axe and LifeTaker. I'd love to know where to get those...
I'll add quest-links a bit later ;)
Thank you. Great work on the new directory!
draze

Post by draze »

Indeed. Thank you so much, reizy, for our new directory!
As for QQkp, I appreciate it because I feel you bro/gal. Creating a webpage is so difficult especially if it's long or complicated.
Love them both! :D

Edit: I just felt sad for the long inactive of one of our dear member namely Richard Faila. Cheers to you bro! You helped us so much especially for the interactive map.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.