v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Walkthrough: From fly to dual-wielding monster

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail Walkthrough: From fly to dual-wielding monster

Post by Antison »

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Wintermute101
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Wintermute101 »

Well, first of all thanks for the links.
Problem here is that i'm completly lost in all this stuff.
There are way to many items(and not always i can see directly if it would be possible for me to get it right now) and
i don't know enough about the game to know which items work well together or what equipment i should use to be able to beat everything (or better when i should upgrade on what etc for instance should i get new equipment with level 30 etc).
It would be more helpful for me to know what are good and tested equipments for my level range and what equipment i should change when i hit certain levels.
Perhaps it would also be good to know what items in tested equipments can be bought and what items i would need to grind for(or better if the equipments that are best are hard to come by because the drop chance is so low and if there is a second best equipment/item that can be bought).
With all those long lists i'm a little lost and don't know what to get/buy/hunt for.

Thanks for the help.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

It all depends on your fighting style.
Axes
Swords
Barehanded
Poles
Pikes
Staff
Hammers and so fourth
But it's up to you to decide what kind of adventure you choose to be.

Once I get the marrowtaint necklace I don't ever get another one.
Armor the best is inside the green maze. Once you get that you wouldn't change it and you can do that easily by level 30.
Sword wise I get the lifetaker and never change (depends on my build) but that's the graveyard and that's done by level 40

I've made one build that has no shield and uses a fencing blade (like the old royal French guards)
In the crypt near prim I always get the gloves. It takes me less than 10 min to get it

I buy the ring of the protector usually before level 20
And I get the boots of the Globetrotters before level 30
So it all depends on how you wish to build your character.

The leg and extrodinary items do take a lot.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Well first of all thanks for the great list of things i could obtain. Already switched the polished ring of backstabbing against the protector(and i still got 24k gold :D ). I only took one protector ring because the villain ring gives me too much dmg i don't wanna miss.

Second: most of the locations you mention i don't really know/was never there. Things like green maze or graveyard are opened through quests?
Also boots of globetrotter you get through a quest from the lady in stoutford where i got the feline items? Its a little hard to have an overview where to obtain all those things as in the lists posted mist of the time i only see where to get it but not exactly how(i.e. how the name of the quest is so i can research how/when to solve that). But thats of course also bevause i'm readimg all the things on my smartphone and its either too small or to big to get all infos from the pages. :D

With crypt in prim you mean the crypt with the old dagger?
Was already there and brought the dagger back but didn't find any gloves.
Whats the name of the gloves, or better:what enemie does drop them?

Levelwise i'm now level 28 and will try the prim/blackmountain quest.

And i think i'll use sword and shield for weapon.

Many thanks for the help and if there are items which can be bought to make farming some of the other items easier i'm open for that.

Edit:
Okay did you mean the gloves of life force from the crypt near prim?or did you mean other gloves? Because the feline gloves i have equipped right now seem to be better then the gloves of live force. Even with "clumsiness" i get more att chance and block chance then with the life force gloves. Only thing i'm getting more of is hp and right now with level 29 i have already 121 hp(as said on the page before until level 24 i always took either hp or att chance). I don't know if the trade off for changing feline gloves for life force gloves is that good?
Or is this some kind of set and when i equipp all life force equipment i get more bonuses?
Thanks for the help!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Yeah, I did not list on how to open up the green maze, grave yard and such
I just listed the quest and all the outcomes of the quest.
There is no item that helps you to farm better. (Only the skill points do that)
I thought about making a walk through from the start of the game up until the update; but since there is so many builds you can do it would take me a while.

If you clicked on my link and read each quest it does tell you how it opens up other quest.
I have listed every quest and all possible outcomes to that quest (may have missed a option or two) but it's all still there.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You really just have to explore. That's part of the game. If an area seems too hard, back off and go somewhere else. At level 28 you could do BWM, or try for Remgard. But stay away from the Green Maze or the Graveyard. Charwood would be very hard at that level too.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Wintermute101

Post by Wintermute101 »

Yeah, thats what i'm doing.
Right now i'm level 30 (did fungi panic and cook book raid just to see something new :D ) and try to explore and do some quests (and sometimes grind for levels).
Just wanted to know if there is better equipment to be get(especially to be bought as i have so much money ^^)
to make it a little bit easier.
Already got one protector ring (thats the kind of equipment i meant, was easy to buy because i got enough money and know how to get to the trader)and now i just try to level a little bit more to be able to make charwood a little bit easier(with level 28 i took the second IF level so now i don't need to take hp with level up anymore).

Many thanks for the help.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 pm ..the graveyard and that's done by level 40
Curious how you managed the graveyard by level 40 ?

I'm level 44 and it seems practically impossible barring a miraculous run of luck. Tho if there's some way/position to limit attackers to just 2, I could handle that okay. But there doesn't appear to be any way to get to any spot (fast enough) to limit attackers to just 2. Need some cubbyhole very near the entrance. ;)
An alt-approach would be to stay at the entrance and flee backwards as needed to heal up..but where's the valor in that?!? :oops:

If I'd put more into BC (rather than Damage), that could've helped..but with a BC of just 130 w/ only 1 DR, their high AC is cutting my guy down too fast..especially with their relentless Putrefaction limiting my AP!

Love to hear any tips, thanks!
As it stands, figure I'll need at least 3~4 more level-ups to have a decent, non-maddening chance.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If you can get to here:
graveyard.JPG
They can only come at you two at a time. There are no better options. There are a couple of other places where they can only come at you two at a time, but they are either further from the entrance or further from the King, or both.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:32 pm If you can get to here:
graveyard.JPG
They can only come at you two at a time. There are no better options. There are a couple of other places where they can only come at you two at a time, but they are either further from the entrance or further from the King, or both.
Thanks for that feedback!
Just in case any of this could be considered spoilage:
Worth a try, tho doubt I can move fast enough to avoid getting mobbed (since the undead have faster 64-bit brains vs my old 8-bitter ;)

Along those lines, it seems that once you step into the graveyard (just enough to trigger them rushing towards you) And engage in combat, you cannot 'flee' backwards out of range = just out of the graveyard. I've tried numerous times and can only flee/move horizontally = 1 space left or right, but still in the graveyard in easy-pickin' range of the hordes.
If I don't engage in combat, but only step gingerly into the graveyard, then I *can* walk back out.

Bring this up only because it's preventing my heroic plan to step in, kill a few..then flee backwards (just outta range), quickly heal up and re-engage; rinse, repeat as necessary until the undead horde is sufficiently decimated, and can then work my way down to Boss King.

Fly in the ointment may be that they re-spawn as fast as I can do all that..thus no net decimation.
It's a fun conundrum!
And this game is amazing.. really enjoying all the new content as well as re-visiting much of the older content.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.