v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

the house with the glowing door south of Crossglen

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Nonzymurgist
android_version: 4.3

Re: the house with the glowing door south of Crossglen

Post by Nonzymurgist »

Maybe I missed that one, or don't remember doing it. Anyway, what I said about the citidel still holds. It would not need a large map if most of it is underground/planar.
Bremmon, the Brave... sometimes.
Level: 86, XP: 11705231, Gold: 1233388
HP: 341, AC: 267%, AD: 38-46, BC: 162%, DR: 3
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

Maybe this quest could be anyhow linked to that house with the glowing door.
Some occult Priests using the power of the sorrounding stones to create living mushrooms ( just experiments for another, even meaner ritual.

That would require to put the wildmaps into the spot west to the wolfpack-cave (Thats, where the maps are alligned to actually). The cave could be nearly the underground of the house.
Some of the power of the rocks may appear in it.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

The latest version of your overground map in that thread is not zoomable.
Could you post it again, please?

If that area is accessible from "regular wilderness" (I can not make it out clearly on the small picture,
the earlier version of your map was), the entrance of the batlike cave should be blocked until quest
progress is made (or we come from the rear end through the cave into the house and the glowing door
opens as a result of the quest's solution).

Or the cave could be unconnected to the cellar of the house initially and we have to make a
breakthrough while we advance in one of these quests.
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

Fixed the one image.

The cave is locked - but only for a quest obtainable at the house near.
You could find in the house (deep deep underground) a mechanic to remove the water out of that cave and access a new area.

Well, for the citadel you talked about a maze... here is one:
Highlighted Lines represent Map borders
maze_all.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

He he he! It's nice!

But is it brutal enough? :twisted:

I don't see any islands. People with the always right wall strategy will get through it fine.

Make some of the textures solid black! :twisted:

JK, we do not need another prim tunnel! That would be horrible!
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Moerit
VIP

Post by Moerit »

About the brutalness...
My first thought was making a maze out of only 6x6 big mapparts, so you cant look "behind" the wall, but that would mean that only for this maze 110 new .tmx files are created... a little bit too much.
About the islands - in my thoughts there will be no difference with havin islands. The "always one side" strategy works well to.
Anyway, I made two pink markers where the wall could be broke down to create such islands

Here just another version "in between" with 30 mapparts (updated grafic)
maze_all.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You need to put a wall here:
Maze2.png
Regarding islands, I agree that they make no real difference.

How about making the maze change layout when you reach certain points though :twisted:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

rijackson741 wrote:You need to put a wall here:
Maze2.png
Regarding islands, I agree that they make no real difference.

How about making the maze change layout when you reach certain points though :twisted:
Ooo! A turnback maze! :twisted:

Sounds great... Although I suspect we will get some threats... :|
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

I have an idea for this house and I want to know from you all that should I work on this anymore or not?
according to the story player founds a journal around the house when searching for an alternate way and in this journal the writer(of the journal) addresses the player and claims to be the author of the book "calomyran secrets" and says that if player had found this journal then he is in a great danger and has hidden somewhere around and if the player don't helps him the worst case scenario will be that he will be found dead. and further he says that this house holds the secrets that were not known to anyone except him and the book he wrote about these unfortunately missing from his possession. and he requests to the player that the player should not let these secrets gone with his death.
the book "calomyran secrets" tells about the start of this land and the creation of shadow, light, valugha, kazaul and other forces that once emerged from that place where now that house exists, but unfortunately the book is incomplete so to know all the truths the player have to find the author of that book and journal and with the help of that person he will be able to enter the house where a secret village and it's members are still protecting the truths about the disappearance of this world's creator.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Thrimian
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Thrimian »

Maybe the idea of magic is what AT needs! It could outline that the use of magic is too destructive for use and that is what killed off the mages long ago. That would explain why no one uses magic nowadays.
Thrimian LV:32
HP:56 AP:10/5
AC:201% AD:23-29
ECC:22% CM:2.0
BC:102% DR:5