v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

the house with the glowing door south of Crossglen

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: the house with the glowing door south of Crossglen

Post by Melarec »

Magic has been rejected in the past, but that was using magic.. Having it revealed as a "lost art" could be really cool. Though some people would get upset that they couldn't utilize it.. :?
Thrimian
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Thrimian »

They may get upset but it opens an avenue for a lot of content and maybe even a legendary bboss tucked away in a dungeon for those lv100+ players to kill that could showcase that it eats your soul and only leaves hate
Thrimian LV:32
HP:56 AP:10/5
AC:201% AD:23-29
ECC:22% CM:2.0
BC:102% DR:5
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

What about NocMar? This is already tied to existing plot points (the smith in fallhaven already says that NocMar is South) and it would make sense that Liches would have powerful magic to keep back any but the strongest adventurers. This would also fit in with the mages tower idea, though you could just put the tower underground, or with the maze, where you have an underground maze. That would explain why it doesn't take map space also, it's underground. The quest would already be partially started, though you'd have to have some other part that was difficult in order to get they key if you intend it to be a high level quest. It would also give potential for the heartsteel items to open up, which I would be very excited to see, which would then be locked to only higher level characters who could complete this quest. Maybe only the boss is a lich, and he turned all of the others into skeleton mages similar to the chaos mages up north, just much stronger. That way you could only reforge the heartsteel with the boss's heart, making that into a legitimate quest.

For the record, the first time I found that house, I totally thought it was going to lead to NocMar, since it was the only place directly South of fallhaven that I could find.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Oh, I like the sounds of this Kashim.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

All really cool ideas! But I think it should be something more unconventional. Something unique that's never been done in an RPG before. Magic? Blah! Been there, done that. Brute strength? Boring! Puzzle solving? While a lost art in video games these days, still so yesterday! Perhaps to open the door you have to have completed all the quests that determine where you stand in the politics of this world. Then you enter the house and find yourself in a library. The books teach skills, but they're in various languages you can't read without a primer for that specific language. All the primers would be hidden in the underground maze. But there's one book, if read, that will bring your counterpart from an alternate reality to the library. One that has made all the opposite choices you've made in the above mentioned quests. The counterpart has all the same stats, skills and gear as you do (or the other gear you would have gotten had you made the other choice, where applicable) and you have to defeat your counterpart. Maybe the door locks behind you when you first enter the house and the key is dropped when you defeat your counterpart?
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I like the idea of a library, either there or somewhere else. Some books could give you background lore to the world of AT (IIRC, you could find such books in Ultima). Others perhaps could teach you how to gain skills, but more work (i.e. some sort of quest) would be needed to actually get the skills.

The counterpart idea would be difficult to implement. Your quest choices are unlikely to make any difference to your combat stats (by which I mean they currently don't, and that's not likely to change), and there aren't really opposites for skills and gear. So you would just be fighting a copy of yourself.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Nor City is the perfect place for a library IMHO.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Or Feygard.

Or why not both. The books could have a different bias, depending on the library. Books about the Shadow in Nor city, books about law in Feygard, etc.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Lady Drager wrote:The books teach skills, but they're in various languages you can't read without a primer for that specific language.

love this idea! :twisted:

Zukero wrote:Nor City is the perfect place for a library IMHO.

perfect, already have one - just no interior! :lol:

rijackson741 wrote:Or Feygard.

Or why not both. The books could have a different bias, depending on the library. Books about the Shadow in Nor city, books about law in Feygard, etc.

excellent point, as both cities should mirror each other in most aspects.
(expect for social & political views, obviously) :mrgreen:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

rijackson741 wrote:Or Feygard.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes perfect sense!

By opposite gear I meant things like if you side with Vacor you get one type of boots and if you side against him you get another. The doppelgänger should reflect this.

The whole point of the doppelgänger IS to fight yourself. You are your own most difficult opponent! :twisted:
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD