I'd like to have your feedback and opinion on several matters:
- #1 - What do you think about Weblate, our new translation platform? Is it easy to use? Is it working well?
- #2 - Do you feel the need for better tools to gain context from a translatable string in Weblate?
- #3 - Do you use ATCS, notably to get a better context on the text you want to translate?
- #4 - I'm currently adding a feature in ATCS to help you, by adding a link to the relevant Weblate page from every translatable string in ATCS. Would you use it?
- #5 - Would a "search" tool in ATCS help?
- #6 - How would you rather search? By pasting a Weblate URL or by pasting an English text?
- #7 - If we were to add the option to play as a female character, handling localization and creating female-character versions of the text is by far the largest piece of work. The amount of translatable strings would double, but many of these would be the same for both cases. Would that be a pain for you? Do you think it's worth the shot?
- #8 - Currently, the translatable strings shown on Weblate reflect the content of the Google Play version of the game. The current plan is to keep it that way, and update the list of translatable text once v0.7.2 is released, and release v0.7.3 "shortly" after to include the translations for the new content. The rationale is to avoid making you translate temporary text, but it has the drawback of preventing you from working on the new translations before the release. What's your opinion? Do you prefer an up-to-date moving target, or a lagging-behind stable one?
Thank you for your work on translations already, and for voicing your opinion below.