v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.2 Release Candidate

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Andor's Trail v0.7.2 Release Candidate

Post by Zukero »

It's getting dangerously close now.

Thanks to your awesome feedback on the beta, we fixed MANY issues, and are now confident enough to offer you this "Release Candidate" version.

It's as close to what we will push to Google Play as it can get.

The usual warnings apply though:
  • Don't overwrite valuable saves if you don't have a backup of it.
  • If you overwrite your save, the new save should be usable in the future Google Play version. Just make sure you have a backup.
  • There's a known issue about the worldmap being incorrect or incomplete when using old saves. Just visit the area again to have it displayed correctly. If you kept kept the "worldmap" folder (that lives inside the "andors-trail" saves folder of your device) intact, it shouldn't happen.
  • If you have an alpha or F-Droid version installed, you'll have to uninstall it first. This "Release Candidate" version should install correctly over the beta or Google Play versions though.
  • If you had to uninstall before installing this one, make sure to check the "Preferences" screen in order to set them again to your liking.
  • Did I mention that you shall not overwrite your old saves ?
Get it here: Andor's Trail v0.7.2 Release Candidate APK

As usual, all kind of feedback are welcome, but at this point, we're not expecting to fix anything other than game-breaking issues or major quality problems.

Unless there are major issues, this version will land on Google Play quite soon.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Neutronstar81
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.2 Release Candidate

Post by Neutronstar81 »

Cant wait its been along time coming. Thanks for all your hardwork guys.
McAndy the slasher
android_version: 4.0

Post by McAndy the slasher »

I can't wait to start again and kill some ants. And then some snakes. Then get a certain dagger. And a jewel etc. etc. Thank you all again. Not long left to wait... :D
Yeerk
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Yeerk »

Time to kill more puppies
Asmodee

Post by Asmodee »

First off, it's beautiful! The first time I started it up I just stared at the opening screen for a few seconds, taking it in.

I did find one issue which I think might qualify as a major enough issue to fix before the official release. I am not seeing the AP cost reduction from the new items in Stoutford. I have equipped Robe of the Sublimate, Feline gloves and Feline shoes. It still costs 5 AP to use a potion or equip a weapon. I did confirm this with an older save and had hoped to confirm it with a new character, but the new content is calling and I didn't want to spend that much time not exploring it.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Nice find. I can't believe I missed it. Indeed this will be fixed before the release.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Asmodee wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:21 pm First off, it's beautiful! The first time I started it up I just stared at the opening screen for a few seconds, taking it in.

I did find one issue which I think might qualify as a major enough issue to fix before the official release. I am not seeing the AP cost reduction from the new items in Stoutford. I have equipped Robe of the Sublimate, Feline gloves and Feline shoes. It still costs 5 AP to use a potion or equip a weapon. I did confirm this with an older save and had hoped to confirm it with a new character, but the new content is calling and I didn't want to spend that much time not exploring it.
Thanks. That's a hell of a catch this late in the game! :shock:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Asmodee

Post by Asmodee »

I can believe it got missed. There is a LOT in this update. You're bound to miss something.

The potion of Deftness also doesn't work. I'm assuming it's all related to some new mechanic, but just in case I thought I'd mention it.
Yeerk

Post by Yeerk »

Who did the cute puppy trap? Because I loved it lol. To bad it failed because I had dr9 lmao
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

Just awsome!
I am still missing BC, CH and DR in the base combat statistics.
Furthermore i would kindly ask you if it would be possible to use the 184 maps where i did correct some shadows
Moerit wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:03 pm [...]

Edit:
I guess i went now through every single map with the focus on alligning the shadows like it's described in the Wiki
This isn't meant to be any criticism at anything or anyone, its only an attempt to get more stringency into AT's world. On some maps i made a few more changes but i think that nearly nobody would notice 99% of the changes i made :lol: . Many maps only have a single shadow tile changed.
Avaible on my googledrive

Edit#2:
I am missing BC, CH and DR in the base combat statistics
The original maps were from beginning october, so if there werent any other changes to the maps you could use them just fine. I know this is not major issues but once a i had my focus on the shadows i couldnt resist getting disturbed by uneven allignments.

Keep up the good work santa!
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5