v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Missing Places

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Missing Places

Post by Antison »

Now that is definitely something that's wasted effort as the world map is so fluid and ever-changing. I know for a fact that the world map is going to grow exponentially in the next couple of releases.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Antison wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:43 am Now that is definitely something that's wasted effort as the world map is so fluid and ever-changing. I know for a fact that the world map is going to grow exponentially in the next couple of releases.
That's great that the world map is going to grow & change.
But that doesn't negate legit interest for it as a snapshot in time, any more than people's desire to have a real-world map or globe even tho names & boundary lines, etc change periodically.. same for history or science books, etc -- all subject to changes & updates, but we still print those and find them useful.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Growler wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:48 pm
Antison wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:43 am Now that is definitely something that's wasted effort as the world map is so fluid and ever-changing. I know for a fact that the world map is going to grow exponentially in the next couple of releases.
But that doesn't negate legit interest for it as a snapshot in time, any more than people's desire to have a real-world map or globe even tho names & boundary lines, etc change periodically.. same for history or science books, etc -- all subject to changes & updates, but we still print those and find them useful.
Well with the development team, our time is very valuable and we like to spend it in places of great value and this unfortunately is not a priority.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

On the other hand it is an open source game.
E.g. someone (Reizy) already created a dictionary of maps, monsters, items and others, maybe he or somebody else could add the names of the areas, enables a higher resolution so the world map could be printed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
Growler

Post by Growler »

Antison wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:45 pm
Growler wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:48 pm
Well with the development team, our time is very valuable and we like to spend it in places of great value and this unfortunately is not a priority.
Of course, was not expecting anyone to do anything more, only wondering if there was already some mechanism or file or such that could be pointed to so that we players could print out the world map if desired.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Growler

Post by Growler »

Nut wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:36 pm On the other hand it is an open source game.
E.g. someone (Reizy) already created a dictionary of maps, monsters, items and others, maybe he or somebody else could add the names of the areas, enables a higher resolution so the world map could be printed?
Yes, thanks. Again, no expectation on anyone..just mentioning that this 'world' is interesting & fun enough to *want* a big printed map of it! :P
~~~