v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

ITALIAN TRANSLATION

Discussions of the development process of the game.
benno
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: ITALIAN TRANSLATION

Post by benno »

Here I'am!!
Ready to translate eng-->ITA :)
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

benno wrote:Here I'am!!
You should have made that an "It's a me !" :lol:
Welcome to the translation team, and make sure to stay consistent with the existing translation, especially for proper nouns.
If you have any questions on how to proceed, or whatever, don't hesitate to ask it here !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

Zukero wrote:
benno wrote:Here I'am!!
You should have made that an "It's a me !" :lol:
Oh zukero... Always the jokes...

Anyways... Hello benno! Warm welcomes from me...
... And Pyrizzle :lol: such jokes... Because we are fire and fire is warm... Get it?
It's good to see people fluidly translate text to increase the target range from English to something else.

The more people playing and contributing the better. The contributing people increase the target audience... It's a snowball effect.

I hope that we together can translate the game to ALL of the languages so that everyone can fully experience the game. :D
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
benno

Post by benno »

I'm newbye for launchpad ... study on progress :D
benno

Post by benno »

Little question :)
I'm translating *randomly* :D ... (well, no, quite randomly, from beginning with some jump here and there) ... but ... is there any priority I should follow?

thx,
benno
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

Hey benno

About your question; Zukero wrote a pm where he describes how to translate whole conversations. I dont know if there is a priority, but if a whole dialogue is translated, it would be nicer than just a few translated phrases.
Here the description:
Zukero wrote:Hello again Mayweed, and hello Moerit, co-recipient of this message.

To see the original text structure, at least for dialogues, you should head to the content editor.
This is the tool we use to create almost all game content (except maps).

From there, click on the "Import" button at the top right, then, select the "Import content from existing files" radio button, and use the drop-down list above to select first "Dialogues", then which file to import in the one below.
I believe that launchpad references the file including the asset you're translating, so you should be able to identify the desired file quite quick.
Finally, click on the "Import" button below (the blue one).

Now, you can open the "Dialogue" category on the left, and select any sentence by its codename. I suggest you to try to find the beginning one, usually named npcname_start or npcname_start_select. Click on it, and then, you will see a "Show as tree" button.
Click on it to see the whole dialogue tree for that NPC, including answers.
If it is too big, you can zoom out (e.g. with Ctrl+Mouse wheel).
You can also click on a given sentence (prefer the NPC's sentences) to be sent to this sentence's editor, the click again on the "Show as tree" button to view the dialogue tree starting from this sentence.

For the location of the NPC, refer to Richard Faila's Andor's Trail Directory.
For the quest info, you can check the dialogue's sentences individually to see if they include a reward of "Quest progress" type. The number indicate the quest step reached. To see all steps from a quest (numbers, and associated quest log entry), you need to import the quests in the editor too (like you did for the dialogue), and check them out in the "Quest" category.

If you wish, you can check out Ian's tutorial about the content editor on the wiki.

Note that the dialogue imported at the beginning are fetched from the Google Code repo, so they may not reflect the ultimately latest inclusion, yet are potentially more advanced than latest release. I will make sure to warn the translation community by posting in the "Developers" section when new content is included in the Google Code repo (thus available in the content editor) and in Launchpad.

The translation-only releases have been discussed, but I think they will come to be part of bug-fix releases by coordinating the efforts of the various translation teams. We think of roughly alternating content & bug fix releases for a while, while I am working on more drastic code changes that are targeted for v0.8.
Hope it may helps you :)
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
benno

Post by benno »

Got it!
Thx :)