v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I'm back, but lost all my data ... Again

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

I'm back, but lost all my data ... Again

Post by BethelAbba »

I seemingly have the worst "gamer's luck" out there.

OK, so in February I bought a new Asus ZenPad 3s 10. Downloaded AT and set about to work the new areas. I actually managed to get the new legendary helmet... And broke my level 60 barrier. (Previously, I have never gotten beyond level 56 or so... Before the inevitable crash.)

Life was good.

And then, in May... My NEW Asus crapped out on me. I lost everything.... Again.... Because I hadn't taken the time to backup my data. I had been looking forward to spending summer building my girl up over level 100. The crash caused me to slip into the fatalistic "what's the point" and I completely stopped playing.

The power of a GREAT game is that it never fails to draw you back. Two weeks ago I felt the tug... Downloaded AT anew and started over. This makes my 8th restart since I started playing Andors Trail. Gone is my guy with TWO RoLS, my girl with the cool helmet. Everything. Just me with a stick and those stupid rats.

While the power of a great game is it's ability to endure... The power of a great community is it's ability to provide strength and encouragement when needed. I am sorry I turned away from you guys. My anger at losing it all over again caused me to turn away when I should have worked through it with you all... And maybe spent my summer (AGAIN... Cause hey, that's what summer is for... Going from 0 to 56 before buying a new system... Or watching helplessly as the old one short circuits for no good reason.) building a decent bladedancer.

In short, I am back. I am sorry I left without a word. And I hope I can become a part of the community again... And not only for my summer downtime henceforth.

I do have to say... My 5 (SPORADIC) years here have been nice, and always a great source of mirth and merriment. I have a very healthy respect for the oldtimers. You know who you are.

My new girl is Alsa.

She's currently level 24 and grinding Shadow Gargoyle Masters in the hopes of an early RoLS drop.... But also because I want her levelled before she tackles the world. I am playing smarter this time out. Likewise want to add... Love the new stiletto. Great pre-dagger of the shadow priest weapon.

Oh, I started the RoLS grind at level 15. I was determined to grind-til-it-dropped this time, so my money went into bread.... Down to 1g. Right now I am at 24k, with 454 health pots to sell.... And still have 45 loaves of bread to go before trekking back to the inn. Oh, and I have 433 rocks to my credit. Only 2067 more to go. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: I'm back, but lost all my data ... Again

Post by BethelAbba »

Looking at my newer tagline... Maybe my problem is that I keep naming my charcter Alsa (or some crypto-grammatic variation thereof). I guess I need a bit more creativity in naming Andor's sister.

Things that make you go hmmm.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: I'm back, but lost all my data ... Again

Post by rijackson741 »

Welcome back. And see here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6283
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1