v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.10 Released

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Andor's Trail v0.7.10 Released

Post by Gonk »

Hello adventurers,

After some careful testing by our wonderful community we are ready to release an update. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this release, tested it and gave feedback. It couldn't have been made without all of your hard work and dedication. Thank you so much!

It includes a rebalancing of all the weapons in the game, a rebalancing of the rewards for the first quests, a new skill and some small features and changes.

We are curious to hear if the rebalancing changes and bug fixes are working for you and if you like the features like the new skill.

New things in version 0.7.10

Overview
  • Weapon Rebalancing
  • Rebalancing of level 1 to 5 rewards
  • A new skill, "The way of the monk" and some equipment
  • Sorting of quest logs by time
  • Fixes for monster difficulty
  • Better explanation for permissions
  • Conversation will not close when you click outside of dialogues
  • Fix toast crashes (e.g. after fights)
  • Fix listener crashes
  • Fix Mapchange crashes
  • Fix minor bugs and typos
  • Translations actualized
Details
  • Weapon Rebalancing: Weapons now have a damage modifier which modifies the non-weapon damage (from level ups, skills, etc) to make the different weapons more balanced. For high attack cost weapons the modifier is higher and increases the damage per strike. For the QSD the damage per strike is lowered.
  • Rebalancing of level 1 to 5 rewards:
    Changed the xp, gold and drop rewards for the first quests to reduce the amount of grinding.
  • The way of the monk skill:
    A skill for unarmed and unarmored fighting. See the skill description in the game for details.
  • Sorting of quest logs by time:
    Sorted by starting time of the quests.
  • Fix monster difficulty:
    See this post for details about the problem and the fix
    https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6661
  • Explain permissions:
    We now explain why Andor's Trail needs permissions to write savegames to the SD card before asking for the permissions. You will have to uninstall and reinstall the apk to see this change.
  • No more conversation close when clicking outside of dialogues: Up to now dialogues closed not only when clicking the "close" button but also when clicking anywhere outside the dialogue.
  • Toast crashes:
    See this post for details https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 736#p66736
  • Listener and Mapchange crashes: Hard to reproduce, so please give us feedback if everything else is still working
As usual, you can download the new version from our server: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.10.apk
F-Droid is coming soon and we are doing a staged rollout on Google Play. This means you might have to wait some days until it appears on google play or you can get the final release apk instantly from the testing program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... ndorsTrail

Finally a warning:
For PERMADEATH it would be good to save before updating. Just to be sure...
si2mev
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.10 Released

Post by si2mev »

Nice update.

Do I have to roam the place for new Quests or places? Does the young merchant get a new destination?

The new weapon balancing changed the way I choose weapons. Double handed is now much more exciting. And I have to look for a good two handed weapon now. ;)
lvl 59 and growing.
Life taker, JoF, Defenders helmet, Superior Iron Shield, Serpent's Hauberk, Villains ring, RotP, Boots of the globetrotter, Heavy plated gloves or enchanted Regard gloves
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

There are no new quests or maps in this release. It's main purpose was the weapon rebalancing.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

Any clue what and where the "some equipment" can be found?
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
t_deshpande
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by t_deshpande »

Bro please add any one city we are waiting new steps to know about andor also heartsteel
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

t_deshpande wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:13 pm Bro please add any one city we are waiting new steps to know about andor also heartsteel
New content is coming soon. However, it won't include advancements in the heartsteel.
JonLin wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:48 pm Any clue what and where the "some equipment" can be found?
One that I know of is fairly close to home and is geared towards unarmored builds.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lacrom

Post by Lacrom »

Thank you very much for this new release :D :D
I found the assassin's gloves... was it about this item you were talking about ? And are there other items than those gloves which are better for unarmed/unarmored ? Because, to be honest, I find assassin's gloves quite useless, because feline boots + feline gloves are way better... even without the critical.
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Lacrom wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:16 pm Thank you very much for this new release :D :D
I found the assassin's gloves... was it about this item you were talking about ? And are there other items than those gloves which are better for unarmed/unarmored ? Because, to be honest, I find assassin's gloves quite useless, because feline boots + feline gloves are way better... even without the critical.
Those are a very old item.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Lacrom wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:16 pm Thank you very much for this new release :D :D
They are attended to help you before you get to Stoutford.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
JonLin

Post by JonLin »

Actually a decent item and price for low level character.
Very nice update!
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2