v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Post by Grim Reaper »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:26 am We have learned that messing with AP is fraught with pitfalls though, so we are reluctant to do it. And the more complex the messing, the more reluctant we are.
Well that is fine, but it would be impossible to kill rat with level 50 character... so you would be stuck in battle with no way out but running away... perhaps you could do both on hit and on block. block chances being at 40%, 30%, 20% and 10%? But then again, chances should be balanced if we are talking about 4 different condition tho. so each at 33% on every block and each on 66% on every hit you suffer should be fine.
rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:26 am We have learned that messing with AP is fraught with pitfalls though, so we are reluctant to do it. And the more complex the messing, the more reluctant we are.
If you wear every other set piece besides weapon with heavy armor maxed, your AP bonus would be 0. You are right tho. After some thinking i found a way to exploit this. Way 1: Get +8 AP while wearing the set weapon and then switch to 2 AP weapon in combat. Even if you add 100 AP equipment change cost to weapon, you could still run from battle and do it outside of battle... only way to disable this i could think of is to apply "cannot change weapon while this effect is active" to Juggernaut's rage effects which would require some coding.
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Preventing a swap might be problematic. Have not seen that yet.
What you can do is increase cost to reequip during combat by xAP. Make it rediculously high, and then it is ok.

Block/rat problem:
Go back to "when hit". Give the set a huge negative block value to make sure you do get hit.
Put "immune to crits" on one of the setitems (and a HUGE minus on block on the same)
Potentially add damage reduction to the whole set (max 5 total for all pieces would be my suggestion, maybe less since crit immune is VERY strong defense by itself).
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

CKork wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm Preventing a swap might be problematic. Have not seen that yet.
What you can do is increase cost to reequip during combat by xAP. Make it rediculously high, and then it is ok.
Still, you can flee with buffs and reequip items out of battle as i have stated above.
CKork wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm Block/rat problem:
Go back to "when hit". Give the set a huge negative block value to make sure you do get hit.
Put "immune to crits" on one of the setitems (and a HUGE minus on block on the same)
Potentially add damage reduction to the whole set (max 5 total for all pieces would be my suggestion, maybe less since crit immune is VERY strong defense by itself).
That could work... focusing rather on DR and crit immunity instead of block chance.. I will have to redo the build with that. Editted those sets! Thx for the idea! You can find editted version of the set at first page, my 2st post there (1st post is Set version, also got editted).
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Currently there is no way to give your character immunity from crits.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm Currently there is no way to give your character immunity from crits.
There was no way to have dot immunity before the ring in next update.. mehcanics are there to be upgraded, no?
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

What is "dot immunity"?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

dot - damage over time, I was reffering to poison immunity... Shop Owner in Brimhaven is selling ring of poison immunity.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Grim Reaper wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:22 pm dot - damage over time, I was reffering to poison immunity... Shop Owner in Brimhaven is selling ring of poison immunity.
Okay, but that has nothing to do with critical immunity for the hero.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Poison damage is an actor condition. Crit immunity is part of the game engine. How many times do we have to say that game engine changes are a lower priority?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

I didnt know criticals were part of the game engine. Ok, I noticed that you made a conditions that work at certain areas, so i am wondering can they move instantly with hero? (area 3x3, with hero being in center) If thats a possibility, how about making a condition that lowers enemies crit multipliers by 20%, but then again, i assume you will have hard time finding a way to calculate 20%.. do you have any ideas how could this work without touching a game engine?
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves