v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.11 Released

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.11 Released

Post by Gonk »

ThomDt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:17 am Hello everyone, that's the first time in 6 year that I'm writing on this amazing forum, that I've been using whenever I needed to solve an enigma about andor's trail.
I'm currently facing a save problem similar to dp23. In fact, I lost my maps file, while the game save still tells me that I visited 508 places. Below I enclose the link to my save game and a screenshot of the number of visited places.

Thanks for any help, you are doing an amazing job guys :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pf3urenztin8 ... 2ycba?dl=0

Edit. Fixed the Dropbox link
Hello dp23 and ThomDt,

Thank you very much for helping us.

I looked at the zip and there are only a few PNGs. I think you included everything that was in the folder on the phone? That would mean that a large number of PNGs was deleted. I hope both of you can help me to find out when and why it happened:
  • Can you please check the filetimes of the PNGs. I guess they are all pretty new. That would mean that there was a time when all existing PNGs were deleted. Do you know when? Was it when installing the new version or sometime later?
  • When did you install the new version? Did you install it from google play? Did you do an uninstall and then install or an update?
  • What mobile and OS build version are you using?
  • Do you have cloud backup activated?
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Gonk »

dp23 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 am
I've uploaded my archived game folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cao7xpqkk8qf8 ... l.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your support!

Hello dp23 and ThomDt,

I looked at the zip and there are only a few PNGs. I think you included everything that was in the folder on the phone? That would mean that a large number of PNGs was deleted. I hope both of you can help me to find out when and why it happened:
  • Can you please check the filetimes of the PNGs. I guess they are all pretty new. That would mean that there was a time when all existing PNGs were deleted. Do you know when? Was it when installing the new version or sometime later?
  • When did you install the new version? Did you install it from google play? Did you do an uninstall and then install or an update?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

ThomDt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:17 am Hello everyone, that's the first time in 6 year that I'm writing on this amazing forum, that I've been using whenever I needed to solve an enigma about andor's trail.
I'm currently facing a save problem similar to dp23. In fact, I lost my maps file, while the game save still tells me that I visited 508 places. Below I enclose the link to my save game and a screenshot of the number of visited places.

Thanks for any help, you are doing an amazing job guys :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pf3urenztin8 ... 2ycba?dl=0

Edit. Fixed the Dropbox link
Do you know that this happened when you updated the app, or could it have happened at some other time? We would like to figure out how this can happen. There is nothing in the installer that should remove your map files.

See also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6428
This is the only other time I can think of where we have seen something like this.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
dp23

Post by dp23 »

Gonk wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm
dp23 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 am
I've uploaded my archived game folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cao7xpqkk8qf8 ... l.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your support!

Hello dp23 and ThomDt,

Hello Gonk,

That's right, it is the whole game folder on the phone. As to your questions:
1. There are three groups of PNGs: most of them (the route from the cave to the city) are dated 9 June, i.e. after I installed the new version. Then there are two versions of the same tile arulircave6, both dated 15 March, and one tile arulircave5 dated 24 march. Arulircave 6 was, iirc, the tile where I saved my game last time before the update. I launched the game, found there's no map, and looked into the folder shortly, I suppose - so it seems the files disappeared around the update time.
2. I installed the new version "3 days ago" according to Google Play - as soon as I got the update notification. I made an update, not an uninstall/install routine.
3. I have Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) with Android 10. I made a screenshot of OS info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i3p175zlcojg ... s.jpg?dl=0
4. I have Samsung Cloud backup with apps last backed up on 11 June. I've never used this backup thing, so don't know ecactly what MGM ay be done with it.

Thanks for your support, and please tell me if I can do anything else to help

Edit: I'll answer rijackson741's question, too: theoretically, the files could've disappeared at some other time between my last session and the update, but I don't remember doing anything that could result in their disappearance (like moving the app, loading backups, etc), so I think it's related to the update somehow
ThomDt

Post by ThomDt »

Hello again and thanks for you answers gonk, rijackson.
I'm sorry because the info that I previously gave you weren't complete, and led you think that it was an installation problem. I never had any problem installing/updating the app.
What I really meant is that I lost my map files while moving the andor's trail folder files from my internal memory to the SD memory, thing that I've been doing every time I had to change my phone, in order to keep my Andor's trail save games.
While I was doing that operation (don't remember when that occurred) I correctly moved the save game to the SD, while the map files got lost (probably it was me, deleting it somehow)
So in the end the question is, am I able to recover the map files from the save game?

Again, I'm sorry that I made you think it was related to an installation problem
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

@ThomDt I fear that you just didn't move the maps, only the savegames. It's an easy mistake to make. I do not know of any way to get the maps back again, unless you still have access to the old device.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ThomDt

Post by ThomDt »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:30 am @ThomDt I fear that you just didn't move the maps, only the savegames. It's an easy mistake to make. I do not know of any way to get the maps back again, unless you still have access to the old device.
Ah that could be it...sadly I have no access to the old device, so it looks like I gotta go for a walk, it will take a while hahah
Avshar

Post by Avshar »

Hi forum,

Because i'm new at forum (not in game) i must first huge thanks for creators and all contributors. Playing this for years and always amazed how detailed world you created with all those details in old and new content. New version is again masterpiece from you guys and i like that this game continue grow with perfection which was created. Looking forward what new are awaits for us from you and again thank you to all contributors for amazing game which you created.
RTK1997
android_version: 8.0

Post by RTK1997 »

Hi guys , I had to explore again the world for refresh the map but it was funny , where is the new extraordinary? Could you say where is it in the items magical topic , I want to make some hunting :mrgreen:
Terra
Level : 120 XP:31M HP:167 AP:12
AC:450 BC:215 AD:71-83 CC:38% DR:9
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Hi Avshar,
thanks for the nice words, and welcome to the Forum!
Nut