v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"Lesson learned" quest

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Milo Hiroya
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

"Lesson learned" quest

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Regarding the problem in this post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6868), maybe when we equip paper shield and sword, we just beat the teacher/student up, not killing them?
Then there's also the problem of the devil's smile after it urges us to kill people successfully.
Also, we can add a pop-up dialog upon character's entrance to the classroom, describing the room, the people and the statue.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: "Lesson learned" quest

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

you can hit once and flee and not kill them.
Problem solved. The statue you can fight it
Milo Hiroya wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:08 pm Regarding the problem in this post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6868), maybe when we equip paper shield and sword, we just beat the teacher/student up, not killing them?
Then there's also the problem of the devil's smile after it urges us to kill people successfully.
Also, we can add a pop-up dialog upon character's entrance to the classroom, describing the room, the people and the statue.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:28 pm
you can hit once and flee and not kill them.
Problem solved. The statue you can fight it
A lazy excuse, I'd say. How do you explain that
you just "beat up" the gamblers with you real toy (that's what I remember the script says, though I did see blood), while you kill the students and teacher with wooden sword and paper shield? Yes you can, but imagine... Most wouldn't expect to kill innocent people with those instruments.
Last edited by Milo Hiroya on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

even if you hit them once and flee she still gets mad and if you enter the room again they still fight you.
Best thing is to not accuse them but tell the guy they cheated.
For the class room under your point on paper still dishing out damage. Attacking nthe kids or teacher wasn't an option for me. Also when fighting the statue never flee. This way the kids don't flee
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:42 pm
even if you hit them once and flee she still gets mad and if you enter the room again they still fight you.
Best thing is to not accuse them but tell the guy they cheated.
For the class room under your point on paper still dishing out damage. Attacking nthe kids or teacher wasn't an option for me. Also when fighting the statue never flee. This way the kids don't flee
Come on, I'm just a kid. I would want to show off my adventuring experience when asked for a practice sparing.

Maybe add a line that your (wooden sword's) blade somehow turns into metal at the finishing blow? That would make more sense that something is having an influence on this classroom (the devil).

If someone decides to be a psychopath and just draw his real sword, that's a different story...
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

It's just mystifying to me the number of people that are complaining about this quest. You're telling me that none of you have ever thought about wanting to kill your teacher? Fulfill that fantasy here.😏
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I have killed her once and the kid too, just too see what would happen
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I've not killed the teacher yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that one day: when I do, it will be Mr Manning from Rokesly Juniors 1960/61. :lol:
See the puppies scatter.
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

This quest unsettled me a bit as well.. I did not kill the teacher, but I did kill the kid, and did not expect that outcome..it feels somewhat like I was tricked into doing something bad.

Usually in AT, I know if I'm about to be bad (sheep, rift, kidnappings, etc.), but this particular badness is unexpected.

It's a highly creative quest, just "tricky".
I suppose I will redo the quest, & kill the statue, which seems to be the nicest way to finish..it does seem like there should be a bit more warning before I stumble into becoming a child killer :o
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock:
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

Antison wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 pm You're telling me that none of you have ever thought about wanting to kill your teacher? Fulfill that fantasy here.😏
True :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1