v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"Lesson learned" quest

Discussions of the development process of the game.
easytoremember
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: "Lesson learned" quest

Post by easytoremember »

eor wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am This quest unsettled me a bit as well.. I did not kill the teacher, but I did kill the kid, and did not expect that outcome..it feels somewhat like I was tricked into doing something bad.

Usually in AT, I know if I'm about to be bad (sheep, rift, kidnappings, etc.), but this particular badness is unexpected.

It's a highly creative quest, just "tricky".
I suppose I will redo the quest, & kill the statue, which seems to be the nicest way to finish..it does seem like there should be a bit more warning before I stumble into becoming a child killer :o
Plenty of spoilers; I warned you:
Yeah, imo it's the "correct way" to finish it because one, you get more exp than killing your seatmate or your teacher and two, you also get a cake for being a good kid (note: I prefer the whole cake than the sliced) from the general store (west Brimhaven, bottom left store). Also you're always welcome back to the school unlike the first two endings. edit: I forgot but equipping the wooden equipments is only canonical before you fight the teacher, but (obviously) fighting the monster requires full gear (at least for me).

Btw I just found the game recently (I think a month or two ago) and I'm currently doing "Searching for madness" (I just managed to reach Lodar, I'm level 33 and farming near his house) yet I finished the Basilisk quest (I chose to save his Sister) and I (now regret) killing the two brothers instead of destroying the dam myself. (It gets destroyed even if you kill the poor brothers, you just one, killed two poor people and two, not get any money, but I'm more sad that I killed two innocent people which didn't affect the bigger picture); I told you there are plenty of spoilers). The difficulty scaling is nice and impressive
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I would not call the brothers "innocent".
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

Yea those brothers pretty much single handedly took down the dam...which is destruction of public property and more. Just for a few measly gold.
Also, if they were really innocent they'd not attack you as soon as they see you.
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

easytoremember wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:24 pm
eor wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am This quest unsettled me a bit as well.. I did not kill the teacher, but I did kill the kid, and did not expect that outcome..it feels somewhat like I was tricked into doing something bad.

Usually in AT, I know if I'm about to be bad (sheep, rift, kidnappings, etc.), but this particular badness is unexpected.

It's a highly creative quest, just "tricky".
I suppose I will redo the quest, & kill the statue, which seems to be the nicest way to finish..it does seem like there should be a bit more warning before I stumble into becoming a child killer :o
Plenty of spoilers; I warned you:
Yeah, imo it's the "correct way" to finish it because one, you get more exp than killing your seatmate or your teacher and two, you also get a cake for being a good kid (note: I prefer the whole cake than the sliced) from the general store (west Brimhaven, bottom left store). Also you're always welcome back to the school unlike the first two endings. edit: I forgot but equipping the wooden equipments is only canonical before you fight the teacher, but (obviously) fighting the monster requires full gear (at least for me).

Btw I just found the game recently (I think a month or two ago) and I'm currently doing "Searching for madness" (I just managed to reach Lodar, I'm level 33 and farming near his house) yet I finished the Basilisk quest (I chose to save his Sister) and I (now regret) killing the two brothers instead of destroying the dam myself. (It gets destroyed even if you kill the poor brothers, you just one, killed two poor people and two, not get any money, but I'm more sad that I killed two innocent people which didn't affect the bigger picture); I told you there are plenty of spoilers). The difficulty scaling is nice and impressive
Anyone who doesn't want spoilers don't open the spoiler tab
Idk how you reached Lodar while only being L33 ( i remember going there as a L30 but the hirantil ghost were a real pain so i came back.
I just reached L54 today and went to Lodars after finishing Remgard and other miscellaneous quests. Now I'm stuck finding the Hirazin dragon thingy because those rock formations are still blocking my way. .
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

PinkPokemon69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:49 am
Now I'm stuck finding the Hirazin dragon thingy because those rock formations are still blocking my way. .
I think you are in a wrong cave.
viewtopic.php?p=73482#p73482
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

question... When you get the cake and have it sliced in 8, you should have made it where we could share it with the class
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach