v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Gangs of Feyguard stealing bonemeal potions

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Gangs of Feyguard stealing bonemeal potions

Post by Growler »

How about some option..if can't fight them, maybe bribe them?
Or, if they're Really that stupid, maybe some minor chance of fleeing (after yelling, "Hey, look over There!")

If the bribe (or fleeing attempt) isn't successful, they take some portion of your gold along with all yer bonemeal.

But then how about some Priest-related/granted quest (yielding a spell or cloak-bag) that would effectively hide your bonemeal from them?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

You break the law you pay the price. Always. Glory be to Feygard.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Bribing them has already been thought of, but I won't say any more than that about it.

The other suggestions are interesting but we can't implement them with the current game engine. Unfortunately, this affects many ideas. We have to try to morph things into ideas that can be implemented.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 pm You break the law you pay the price. Always. Glory be to Feygard.
The player can be made to pay more price to preserve those bonemeal potions from being confiscated. A potion maker can charge 120G to make a 50G BP look and smell like a 280G worth major health potion. For the user the net cost per BP would increase to 170G, but at least these obfuscated items would no longer be eligible for confiscation. The potion maker can also increase the cost to say 200G by saying I'm gonna add an actual Regular potion of health in this so as to give it the right color and so on. This could be tweaked of course.

The user would now have a choice. Not a binary choice as in carrying or not carrying BP, but more like if BP is important to me than I better obfuscate it. To give a hint about obfuscation to new or unsuspecting players who get annoyed the very first time Feygard soldiers confiscate their BP stash, that church guy in Fallhaven who sells BP could hint the player to go to a potion maker to get these BPs obfuscated. So a player would always know of the choices they have to make. No implied consequences would exist as a result.

There is another thing . The consequence of carrying BP is limited to Dulerian Road only. There is a gang of Feygard soliders placed outside of Flagstone prison, but that gang never stops the player for a search and seizure. Similarly, Loneford is brimming with Feygard soliders. None of them suspects the player that they could be carrying BP. So that's a bummer.

I think this search and seizure could be expanded for the consequences to be real for all over the Dhayavar, and not just be isolated to Dulerian road.
Antison

Post by Antison »

It's not just isolated to the Duleian road
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

I see. I've been all over Dhayavar many a times but I never encountered these Feygard gangs confiscating BP elsewhere except on the Duleian road. Where else do they do search and seizure?
Antison

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:31 pm I see. I've been all over Dhayavar many a times but I never encountered these Feygard gangs confiscating BP elsewhere except on the Duleian road. Where else do they do search and seizure?
Brimhaven and Remgard
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I like your idea to make tweaked BMP available. We still have to think it through of course
Nut
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:40 pm
charnameLol wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:31 pm I see. I've been all over Dhayavar many a times but I never encountered these Feygard gangs confiscating BP elsewhere except on the Duleian road. Where else do they do search and seizure?
Brimhaven and Remgard
That is most intriguing. May be I'll peek into the source code sometime later to see how often they do this search and seizure in the two places you mentioned, because I've been to
Brimhaven
a couple many a times and never encountered this gang.
Remgard
I've visited only for the quests so it is easy to miss this there I guess.
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Nut wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:51 pm I like your idea to make tweaked BMP available. We still have to think it through of course
Glad you like it.