v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta v0.7.12 is available now!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

New beta v0.7.12 is available now!

Post by Nut »

Dear fellow adventurers!

we are close to release 0.7.12! Here you get a beta version for preview.
Try it, enjoy it, and give your feedback what you like a lot or less.
And of course send us any bugs you might find.

This release focuses on making the game easier especially at the beginning. Therefore we have some changes in Crossglen:
You will get additional equipment at the beginning, as well as more gold and experience in the first quests. You now have to grind less to level up.

We enhanced Leta's "Missing husband" quest (Crossglen),
and created some new quests:
  • "Perception is not reality" (Snake cave)
  • "A cat and mouse game" (Brimhaven church)
  • "A Strange Looking Dagger" (Brimhaven).
  • "Where is Norry?" (Blackwater mountains)
There is a new weapon class "Pole arm weapons" for e.g. spears.
Also polearm weapons have their own fighting style (at Charwood, same as other skills).

And 4 new maps (2x BWM, 2x Brimhaven)

Other content changes:
  • In rare cases one marble could not be found
  • The slippery shore in the Arulir cave
  • Some missing Graveyard monsters spawn now
  • Loneford quest dialogue with Gandoren and Minarra
  • Thieves guild bed
  • Chaos reaper a bit buffed
  • and minor bugs, changes and typos.
At last some changes to the game engine:
  • When dpad is active (both visible and not minimized), normal touch-based movement is prevented. #19
  • Small fix to the factionscoreequals requirement from jasp.
And now: Have fun!

As always the warning: DON'T install it with a Permadeath hero or limited saves!!
And DON'T save over your savegames! Saves of this beta won't run in the final release!

You can download the APK here: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTr ... _beta2.apk
First uninstall the Google Play (or F-Droid) release in order to be able to install this one
Nut
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: New beta v0.7.12 is available now!

Post by QQkp »

(Probably goes without saying, but spoilers below)

Fantastic update! Huge fan of the Leta/Oromir extension, and the belltower :D

The kid's outfit is a nice boost for the early game, but I do wonder if giving DR on the shield is too much? Before this, you couldn't really get DR until you either save up the gold for the hardened leather shirt or take down Irogotu. Plus, the shield slot in the early game is interesting...it requires you to decide how to weigh AC loss vs BC gain - sort of setting the tone for Andor's Trail as a world of gray areas and trade-offs, at least in my head. If it's on the table for discussion, maybe we could consider walking that back to a max HP bump, or at least balance the benefits with an AC or attack AP penalty?

It's lovely to see the dagger quest completed :) A couple minor polish things:
  • Kizzo only offers the dialog about where to find the scene of the murder once, then reverts back to default/non-quest dialog; and the quest journal entry doesn't record where the murder site is supposed to be. Could we include the location in brv_dagger:150? Something like: "Kizzo suggested that I look for the scene of the murder in the woods between Loneford and Brimhaven."
  • When you accuse Ogea, your dialog implies that you'll inform Mustura, who is standing just a few paces away if you haven't completed "Much water" - but Mustura's dialog doesn't change, and Ogea's dialog immediately reverts back to the generic non-quest "visit the inn" bit. It was a little jarring - maybe adding in a "I have nothing more to say to you." line for Ogea would help?
  • After Ogea's arrest, the prison guard still claims that the prison is vacant. (or maybe murderers aren't considered people? :) )

Haven't had a chance to give the Snake cave/BWM updates a spin yet, will update with any feedback once I do. Wonderful work though - thanks to the team!

By the way, I've been posting beta-related typos into the Discord #bug-reports channel to avoid spamming here with little things - is that good enough, or should I be posting them here instead?
Elytra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Elytra »

Cool but I have question where is Kizzo because I can't find him
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Elytra wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am Cool but I have question where is Kizzo because I can't find him
The area is clearly mentioned in the conversation. Very easy to locate him.

I can't find Ogea. Checked Crossglen, Fallhaven, Loneford, Brimhaven and settlements outside Fallhaven. Currently in BWM.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Osho wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:55 pm
Elytra wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am Cool but I have question where is Kizzo because I can't find him
The area is clearly mentioned in the conversation. Very easy to locate him.

I can't find Ogea. Checked Crossglen, Fallhaven, Loneford, Brimhaven and settlements outside Fallhaven. Currently in BWM.
Best I can say is Brimhaven
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

First of all, thank you for this beta, it is an amazing work. :D :D
About Leta and Oromir :
I found this improved quest very funny (this kind of mini hide-and-seek at the very beginning of the game is an awesome idea, adding originality to the beginning) However : when we already completed the quest before the update, there's no way for the player to do the improved quest... and he can't have andor's boots. I find it a little bit disappointing, but I suppose that's because I'm a compulsive item collectionner :P
About the additionnal equipment at the beginning :
Very very good idea. With that, the player gets a little extra BC and HP that are really cool. (By the way I love the design of andor's training equipment, congrats !!!) However, the thing is that you can't get it if you already completed the quest... it is only a collectionner problem, but I'd really like to access to such items in my main game
About the 1DR shield :
QQkp you says
QQkp wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 am maybe we could consider walking that back to a max HP bump, or at least balance the benefits with an AC or attack AP penalty?
I agree that this shield is a bit OP for beginning. However, the 1DR helps a lot and I find it really useful. I agree on the fact that we could consider debuff it by adding a negative AC (not too high, such as -3 or -4 AC) However it's only a matter of opinion, others might disagree with me
But, same "collectionner problem" than for the others : we can't have it in a previous character who already completed the rats quest.
About "where is norry" quest :
Nice quest, nothing in particular to say. I enjoyed killing the dog then realised it was the boy's dog :lol: and I loaded a previous save not to do the same error
About the cat and the mouse :
This quest was really fun, the bellroom is fun also. I suppose Quasi (inpired of quasimodo in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" ?) is implied in the "DONG DONG" we hear in brimhaven. Brimhaven is a city full of easter eggs (such as burying living people) and that's why I love it.
About the repaired dagger quest :
This quest is probably the one I enjoyed the most. The dagger is really good, I will probably dual wield it with DotSP in my next build. This kind of crime investigation added a new aspect to the game, and I liked taking myself for a (14 years old or so) detective :lol: :lol: :lol:
About perception is a reality quest :
I didn't really understand the storyline of the quest... what power does Ewmondold want, how he gets it (simply because we killed the master snake ?) However it is perfect to make begginning level easier (a little bit of xp is always welcome in such lvls)
And finally a few bugs :
In leta and oromir quest, when we "side" with Oromir, we finally find him in the basement, and we can say to him "I'm sorry to hear that"... twice. However, we can continue the quest only if we choose the 1st one, when we choose the 2nd it doesn't make anything
Screenshot :
Screenshot_20200917-180742_Andor's Trail.jpg
When we already killed the mastersnake, when we talk to Ewmondold, he teleports in the cave and we can see in our quests that the quest is active, but there's nothing in the quest log. However, when we kill him, we can see in the quest log that we killed him
Screenshot :
Screenshot_20200917-214151_Andor's Trail.jpg
Maybe a quest log that explains why we killed him could be nice ?
Edit : typos and I confused the 2 screenshots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:55 pm I can't find Ogea. Checked Crossglen, Fallhaven, Loneford, Brimhaven and settlements outside Fallhaven. Currently in BWM.
Did you look in southern California? :mrgreen:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Elytra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Elytra »

Ogea is hunchbacked
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Elytra wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:20 am Ogea is hunchbacked