Andor's Trail v0.7.12 Released

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.12 Released

Post by Osho »

Tyreliss57 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm I put it to bad dice rolls. I put on my best crit items to see where I was at and even at 45% crit chance i can get 7 non crit hits in a row with misses as well. I've been in the arulir cave farming so the guys with 750hp die easy if I crit, but I go a little crazy if I ask why they are still alive after four or five rounds.
I have done some experiments with the monster numbers of AC and BC on my own character and the results were not similar in practice during combat. Sometimes I get more misses compared to successful hits by the monsters with those same numbers, and vice versa.
I don't know but I get the sense that there's something fishy about those calculations.

Anyways, I have finished my first playthrough after the update.

Level 46
Completed quests 78
Places visited 555

Skills:
Increased fortitude (1)
Combat speed (2)
More criticals (6)
Axe proficiency (3)
Light armor proficiency (1)

Items:
Villain Rings (2)
Dark Protector
Globetrotter
Marrowtaint
Serpents hauberk
Heavy plated gloves

Extraordinary items found (1): Whip of binding

Favorite Weapons:
Greataxe of shattered hope
Sword of the annihilator

Final Comments:
- No serious issues found except one minor annoyance when using Necklace of the Undead. The constant effect of regeneration in the background causes slight delay or say, slows down the action on screen for a fraction of second every time the necklace effects occur. From the loot dialog box to combat action - slight delay remains a constant occurence with necklace equipped. Device: Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One phone.

- At slippery shore in Arulir cave, I noticed one odd thing when trying to flee+move on the tile of the slippery green object. I can long press on the object and highlight the move to flee but when I execute it (pressing flee) my character doesn't move on the green tiles of the slippery shore object. As a result, I can't come out of move to switch into action. It remains in move mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thibaut
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Thibaut »

Hello,
The last version is still not available on F-Droid.
If I install from Andor's Trail's server, will it update properly without any loss of data?
Once done, will I still be able to get new versions from F-Droid without having to re-install the game?
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

No. Fdroid, Google Play, and the version from here have different signatures. Any apps that have important updates I try to install directly since fdroid can take forever to update.
Perhaps the AT team might consider an fdroid repo like Newpipe started doing.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

This delay isn't at fdroid. I didn't release v0.7.12 for fdroid yet, because I still need to check something first.

You have to uninstall the version before installing the new one, whenever you switch from our server/Google to fdroid and vice versa.
But you can use the savegames in both versions without any problems.

Btw. fdroid can use directly our git sources for compile. They don't need a repo of their own.
And I think it's open to public at fdroid rather soon after we release it.
Nut
Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Thank you for those explanations.
I guess I'll wait for the release on F-Droid then.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I just tagged our release as complete, now fdroid could fetch it and begin to create the apk.
Nut
Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Great, thanks for your work! :)
Osho

Post by Osho »

Regarding 'Move'

When I try to flee and move when surrounded by more than 2 to three opponents, I can highlight a tile (long pressing) to move but can't come out of it, and switch to Action mode after moving to the highlighted tile. Since some opponents still keep me locked into combat. As such, the game thinks I have to keep moving to a tile away from the opponent to finally flee!

Basically, I want to switch into action mode after moving to a tile.

Currently, I have to move extra tiles (more than once) in order to reach a spot where any opponent cannot reach to attack me.

Is this rule logical? Shouldn't the player have a choice to switch into action any time after moving to a tile rather than keep pushing the player to flee to a safe spot and then switch to action mode?
CKork

Post by CKork »

Actually, you can reenter combat mode. Just long press the enemy you want to attack after you moved during combat.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Osho

Post by Osho »

Alright, I will check it out soon. Thanks.

EDIT:

It works 👍 Can attack the opponent now after long pressing on the target.