Time for teleport

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Time for teleport

Post by Antison »

roberto wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 am
Osho wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:36 am Teleportation can be unlocked after 100% completion of the game (all quests, places visited) as a reward for the players.
This should satisfy both sides.
are you joking?
if you are not jocking and you are serious I ask you: where is the logic to have something AFTER i need it?
Because you have to earn the ability to teleport. Why would we ever allow you to teleport to a location that you've never been to?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
roberto
android_version: 7.0

Post by roberto »

Antison wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:39 am Roberto,

I don't appreciate your attitude. Haven't you ever heard of the saying "that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"?

The bottom line is that what you are asking for compromises the balance of game complexity/difficulty level more than it already is.

I don't have time to get into this with you right now
you don't appreciate my attitude: i understand.
about the sayng of flies: i understand
due to my lack In english language (I am not mother language and I am not able to catch everything) i don't get the meaning of the sentence "the bottom.... already is".
you have not time to get in: I understand

By theway: I like andorstrail and if you will go to weblate (https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/and ... ontent/it/), you will find my name under almost all translation in Italian Language, so i am not the tipycal hater that came here only to "spit shit" on the project. I fell free to report my feeling and my suggestion/request, no matter if they will be accepted or not. I think to be free to say what I think and if someone think I am "rude"... it is his problem, not mine. I am too much old to be honey.
roberto

Post by roberto »

Antison wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:28 am
roberto wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 am
Osho wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:36 am Teleportation can be unlocked after 100% completion of the game (all quests, places visited) as a reward for the players.
This should satisfy both sides.
are you joking?
if you are not jocking and you are serious I ask you: where is the logic to have something AFTER i need it?
Because you have to earn the ability to teleport. Why would we ever allow you to teleport to a location that you've never been to?
You are right: FIST time i MUST be in a town to teletor there, I dont ave nay opposition to this point. Let me explan better: if i already completerd ALL the qeust, teleport became unusefull. instead, if i get teleport (i.e.) to wood cabin, after i complete the initial mission (free the 2 survived people), i can teleport there later to buy the special cheese for the old man on the top of the mountain, isn't it? to be able to teleport myself around AFTER i completed ALL the quest seems to me unuseful.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

That saying simple means that you can get people to do what you're asking for if you're nicer. I.e. you use honey instead of vinegar.

I'm 3rd generation Italian-American so let's go Italy!

No, not really. We don't want you to be able to teleport from the old man down to Charwood to get his cheese. Where is the challenge in that? not that isn't that there's much of a challenge walking there. it's more of an inconvenience that may deter you enough to not do the quest and not get the experience points
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

roberto wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:43 am
You are right: FIST time i MUST be in a town to teletor there, I dont ave nay opposition to this point. Let me explan better: if i already completerd ALL the qeust, teleport became unusefull. instead, if i get teleport (i.e.) to wood cabin, after i complete the initial mission (free the 2 survived people), i can teleport there later to buy the special cheese for the old man on the top of the mountain, isn't it? to be able to teleport myself around AFTER i completed ALL the quest seems to me unuseful.
That will reduce the sense of exploration and surprise factor for new players. We are made to visit charwood because of those two reasons. I am not in favor of such fast traveling methods. This is why I prefer beds as it is a natural point of interaction for players to rest after a long day of adventuring!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I like the exploring and finding the Easter egg stuff.
Or the new quest
Love Brimhaven stuff.
Kill the statue instead of the rest for a better ending
Letting the mouse go outside gets no xp, yet feeding it to the cat gives you the xp
The strange dagger is good too.
Also the Leta quest being enhanced was a good touch

I'm looking forward to the other cities.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:20 pm Letting the mouse go outside gets no xp, yet feeding it to the cat gives you the xp
Letting the mouse go gives you more XP than feeding it to the cat.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
roberto

Post by roberto »

Antison wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:43 am That saying simple means that you can get people to do what you're asking for if you're nicer. I.e. you use honey instead of vinegar.

I'm 3rd generation Italian-American so let's go Italy!

No, not really. We don't want you to be able to teleport from the old man down to Charwood to get his cheese. Where is the challenge in that? not that isn't that there's much of a challenge walking there. it's more of an inconvenience that may deter you enough to not do the quest and not get the experience points
Sei di terza generazione e ancora riesci a parlare la lingua dei nonni? E' abbastanza raro, ma é una bella sorpresa. Ma puoi solo capirla quando la senti parlare o riesci anche a parlarla?

1. do you mean I should blandish people instead to say directly what I think? Not me, man :-) For me to travel so long just for mission is a stick in the ass and i say that.
2. look, the example of the man on the mountain was just an EXAMPLE. when you MUST travel to/from Remgard for that fuk*ing "rose" quest, it is a stick in the ass.

In general, the quests that force gamers to go around only because of "oh, lets make tose poor bastards to loose 10 minutes only for travel once more to (i.e.) Remgard" is a - in my opinion - shitty choiche.

To summarize, I exposed my viewpoint: Coders accepts the request of teleport? great! coders DOES NOT accept the request? bad, but I will survive. it has happened before, it happens again. I am still alive.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

The route to Remgard should certainly be shortened after the player has unlocked the access to it. It is so close to the area where we meet Teksin. Just missing a bridge to connect the two sides.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I think you view the trip to Remgard differently to new players. The problem is that for existing players is that every time we add something in Remgard you have to go back there again. But for new players one trip to Remgard can be used to accomplish many of the things that need to be done there (in theory, anyway).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1