Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
acridpot
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by acridpot »

acridpot wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:54 am I restarted AT cuz I felt like I wasted 6 skill points
(1 treasure hunter, 1 merchant and 4 Magic finder)
I don't plan on investing any points into Magic Finder cuz I can just farm. I do plan on putting in atleast 5 points into "Quick Learner" (that's 50% more xp).

So, as I farm for 2 Rols im not losing much. Win-win in my opinion :)

P.S. Sounds ridiculously hard. But im motivated enough to farm for months if I have to :")
Restarted AT cuz I thought I wasted points...
After grinding I got two Rols
1st ring - Shadow Gargoyle Master (1481)
Shadow Gargoyle Trainer (2557)
2nd ring - Shadow Gargoyle Master (2324)
Shadow Gargoyle Trainer (4029)

Like I said... Don't need the points in "Magic Finder"
I still got both rings even though the chance is 1/10,000
:!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ryry
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Ryry »

acridpot wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:55 am
acridpot wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:54 am I restarted AT cuz I felt like I wasted 6 skill points
(1 treasure hunter, 1 merchant and 4 Magic finder)
I don't plan on investing any points into Magic Finder cuz I can just farm. I do plan on putting in atleast 5 points into "Quick Learner" (that's 50% more xp).

So, as I farm for 2 Rols im not losing much. Win-win in my opinion :)

P.S. Sounds ridiculously hard. But im motivated enough to farm for months if I have to :")
Restarted AT cuz I thought I wasted points...
After grinding I got two Rols
1st ring - Shadow Gargoyle Master (1481)
Shadow Gargoyle Trainer (2557)
2nd ring - Shadow Gargoyle Master (2324)
Shadow Gargoyle Trainer (4029)

Like I said... Don't need the points in "Magic Finder"
I still got both rings even though the chance is 1/10,000
:!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mmmhhh... I'm trying to get all the extraordinary/legendary items and I got them all
except the "Yczorah Nucleus" (which I'm fighting to get) and the "Titanforge Stompers".
I invested 5 points in the "Magic finder", so I should have a probability of 2.51:10000 if I'm not mistaken (1:10000 basic probability + 50% for each skill point). So I should be able to get 1 legendary item for every 3985 kills.
I took the "Helm of Foreseeing" with 3823 kills and 2 "Rols" with 4162 lords + 5298 instructors and I took the "Rapier of Lifesteal" with 5917 kills (and it's strange that I had to kill so many) and the "Elytharan Redeemer " with less than 1500 kills. I get extraordinary objects with around 350 kills...
The Magic finder certainly helps...
even if the only actually useful object is the "Rols".
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

IMO, the magic finder is a monumental waste of skill point investments as it prevents you from spending skill points any more beneficial skill that will actually help your statistics
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
HarryPotter69
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by HarryPotter69 »

Investing in the magic finder skill might seem like a waste since it doesn't directly improve your stats or abilities.
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

HarryPotter69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:34 pm Investing in the magic finder skill might seem like a waste since it doesn't directly improve your stats or abilities.
Neither does it indirectly improve your stats or abilities.
It only helps you to find the RoLS (undoubtedly the most powerful ring if not item in the game).
But you may find that ring anyways, either by grinding (thus gaining even better stats) or cheating (save and reload…)

Taking MF seems futile. You still do some grinding (statistically less, but you may still suck at being lucky) or you additionally resort to cheating which is totally bonkers since you prove yourself that you not only suck at being lucky, but also suck at being patient.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
forestbulky
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by forestbulky »

The news of these weapons not being available yet, except for those in the alpha testing phase, is a bit disappointing, I must admit. It feels like they're steering the game more towards a grind-heavy experience, which isn't quite what I had in mind.

I'm all for taking down a few dozen mobs to snag an item, but the idea of having to slay thousands just doesn't sit well with me. I was hopeful that the RoLS (Realm of Legends) would be a temporary diversion to keep players engaged while they worked on the next update, not a permanent fixture pushing the game towards endless grinding.

What I really crave is a rich narrative, a compelling reason to venture forth and battle. For instance, playing as a young protagonist on a quest to reunite with their lost brother, stopping along the way to mindlessly slaughter thousands of creatures feels out of place and lacks the depth I yearn for in a game.
Antison

Post by Antison »

forestbulky wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm The news of these weapons not being available yet, except for those in the alpha testing phase, is a bit disappointing, I must admit. It feels like they're steering the game more towards a grind-heavy experience, which isn't quite what I had in mind.
These legendary and extraordinary items have been in the game for over a decade and were originally added for the player to pass the time between version releases.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

These items are not necessary for anything. So you don't "have to" do anything. Just ignore them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Ryry
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Ryry »

Screenshot_20240218_152257_Andor's Trail.jpg
Screenshot_20240218_152310_Andor's Trail.jpg
Screenshot_20240218_152326_Andor's Trail.jpg
How come I haven't received a Gem of Warmth yet?
The drop rate is 1/1000 :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Ryry wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:36 pm
How come I haven't received a Gem of Warmth yet?
The drop rate is 1/1000 :oops:
Because it's just a drop rate. ie a percentage. A chance rate.
Just because you've killed a thousand doesn't mean it guarantees that you get one. Every single kill has one out of a thousand chance. In theory you could be there forever looking for one.

Good news is the gem of warmth has absolutely no purpose or use.