v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by TheGx »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:28 am
Tofu Ming wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:08 pm Which release/version is yczoran included in? 0.7.15?
Yes, it should be there. 0.7.16 only introduced one new quest.
👍
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Been grinding for a Hunter's Sword, tho seems the stats should be better considering how difficult to get one.

Only 2 Demonic Arulirs, so that 1/1000 opportunity chance is extremely limited..and the Gornauds are stretched thin, so not many chances there either. And both--esp the Demonic Arulirs--are about the hardest monsters to kill in the game--at least ones that come back.

Shouldn't a Hunter's Sword at least have some Crit capability--and among the best Crits considering it's a so-hard-2-get Extraordinary item?

The 10% chance of Berserker's Rage is fun, but not exactly helpful, on balance.
And the 1~3 AP boost is only after a kill, so no good unless fighting multiple monsters--and even then, only helpful IF you get the max 3 AP, right? -and that's assuming your Attack Cost is 3.

Be nice to get one, but hard to imagine it's worth using, unless there's a very high Damage Modifier??

What am I missing?
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The low drop chance extraordinary and legendary items were created mostly as collectors items. Some of them are good, some are mediocre, and some are just crap. The GoW can't be used for anything. The only ones I ground for were the RoL and the WoB (which I got very quickly). The others I have were pure luck (including RoLS!)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:34 pm The low drop chance extraordinary and legendary items were created mostly as collectors items. Some of them are good, some are mediocre, and some are just crap. The GoW can't be used for anything. The only ones I ground for were the RoL and the WoB (which I got very quickly). The others I have were pure luck (including RoLS!)
Thanks for your reply--that does help to understand the rationale.
Yeah, I stumbled on a few during the normal course of play--not appreciating their rarity!

Btw, I can better understand a gem, say, not having any practical use (it's shiny, see?) but seems non-decorative weapons (such as a Hunter's Sword) could be jacked a bit..unless the Demonic Arulirs only used them for non-vorpal bunny-hunting ;)
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Growler

Post by Growler »

Finally got a Hunter's Sword shortly after last post! Was about to give up and head towards where the new content (Sullengard, etc) was supposed to be, then bam..it dropped. Poor Demonic Arulir..heard him (it?) cough..and curse the blade with his dying, demonic-foul breath :(

Won't use it (except for puppy-slaying), but nice to add to the collection.
~~~
mco
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by mco »

Finally got my last legendary item. Unless of course the recent updates added more! Big fan of the updates as well, had been awhile since I needed to use potions or even *gasp* flee against those snakes.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

New playthrough which I started playing few dags ago and got RoLS after ~600 trainer kills. So I decided to keep farming there for another ring because I only started doing there yesterday. It's still nice with more gold, exp and regular potions (because no Bonemeal potions).

Yes, I already know the regen buff doesn't stack but it has nice stats anyway.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I couldn't grind for a second one. Not worth it. I currently wear RoLS (which I got with only about 180 kills!) and RoTP
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

Well, I will be if there is more stuff now. Sorry for asking but where can I find updated list? I also see another RoFLS here.

edit: Now I know what you mean with RoTP, it's just rare but good one. No idea about RoFLS though because couldn't find how to get that one, maybe will find out later.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Uncubus wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:29 am Well, I will be if there is more stuff now. Sorry for asking but where can I find updated list? I also see another RoFLS here.

edit: Now I know what you mean with RoTP, it's just rare but good one. No idea about RoFLS though because couldn't find how to get that one, maybe will find out later.
Updated list of what? legendary and extraordinary items?
The first post on the first page of this thread has the latest list.
There are other extraordinary items throughout the world that are one time drops. Those are not included in this list.
At the top of every page in the forum under the useful link section, there's the Andor's Trail directory. Click on that and there's an items page on that site.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"