v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.13

Post by Osho »

Current approach is better than using a score for the faction. Having a couple of different reactions ranging from a normal to strong response, whenever the player chooses to upset or disappoint either of the factions would be cool than coming up with a numerical score.

Also, the giant snake quest was ok.
KJJ
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by KJJ »

Is there anything specific the devs think is a priority to test? I dont want to play beta much but could try some things for the good of the project.
Tripper

Post by Tripper »

when do you anticipate the release on google play Store?
Love this game been playing for many years and just came back to it November.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It depends on what turns up in the beta. Should be soon though.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

D-pad. I am not liking it. I prefer the old round shape than the rectangle. Can it be a choice in the preference?
QQkp

Post by QQkp »

Soullessktty wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:34 pm D-pad. I am not liking it. I prefer the old round shape than the rectangle. Can it be a choice in the preference?
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask for some further feedback here.

For context, I introduced the new graphic because the old one was, in a sense, "wrong", in that the logical regions of the button didn't accurately correspond to the button's appearance. We previously chatted about this on the forum here. I play permadeath with the dpad, so that matters quite a bit to me - walking the wrong direction can mean game over, sometimes.

So I'd like to understand:
  • Could you describe what you dislike about the new graphic? (Size? Opacity? Aesthetic? Function?)
  • Would your concern be addressed with more flexible positioning options for the dpad (like you suggested in the thread I linked above)? Or would you still prefer the previous graphic even with that?
  • Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your layout?
I still have the SVG source file for the new dpad image, so tweaking it wouldn't take much time if we can think of ways that might make it feel better.
jooy118
android_version: 8.0

Post by jooy118 »

Dentro do jogo e no site de tradução diz que o português do brasil está 100% nossa versão beta 0.7.13 porem no jogo os novos diálogos não estão traduzidos.

como devo proceder para informar as pessoas que cuida dessa tradução ou eu mesmo fazer essa tradução dos novos diálogos ???
jooy118

Post by jooy118 »

Within the game and on the translation website it says that Brazilian Portuguese is 100% our beta version 0.7.13 but in the game the new dialogs are not translated. how should I proceed to inform the people who take care of this translation or do this translation of the new dialogs myself ???
Nut

Post by Nut »

Yes, you are right. I always take the statistics from weblate, which still contains only the texts of version 0.7.12
Just before the build of the final release 0.7.13 I will push also the added texts to weblate and can get the new values.

(Sim você está certo. Sempre pego as estatísticas do weblate, que ainda contém apenas os textos da versão 0.7.12
Pouco antes da compilação da versão 0.7.13 final, irei enviar os textos para weblate e posso obter os novos valores.)
Nut
Cauziler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Cauziler »

Soullessktty wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:34 pm D-pad. I am not liking it. I prefer the old round shape than the rectangle. Can it be a choice in the preference?
I agree, I like the old one better better.