v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.13 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.13 released!

Post by sdevaney »

Fagris wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm I don't see an update to 0.7.13 on f-droid. is it only me or could it not be released meanwhile?
F-Droid release is on the way just waiting on them: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/ ... 7a3bdf7ec8

Someone on the dev team mentioned they had some build server issues I think?
Fagris
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Fagris »

sdevaney wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 am
Fagris wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm I don't see an update to 0.7.13 on f-droid. is it only me or could it not be released meanwhile?
F-Droid release is on the way just waiting on them: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/ ... 7a3bdf7ec8

Yeah that's right, but they were solved around Feb 16 acc. to an earlier post in this thread. So I thought I ask again 🙃
Thanks anyway!
Riccious, lvl 71
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

We've done everything we need to do on our end for it to be ready. We have no real control over when F-Droid actually pushes a release so you would probably get a better answer from them.
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Post by Lord Ilham »

Do you have a theory for the next update of Andor's Trail version 0.7.14?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Theory?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Post by Lord Ilham »

The theory that I mean is the latest features that will come like updating missions, maps, equipment, and so on
Antison

Post by Antison »

We are not going to give that information away at this early point in planning and development of the next version.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Right. Partly we love to surprise you, and partly we don't know exactly and sometimes get surprised ourselves :D
Nut
QQkp
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by QQkp »

Fagris wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:58 am
sdevaney wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 am

Yeah that's right, but they were solved around Feb 16 acc. to an earlier post in this thread. So I thought I ask again 🙃
Thanks anyway!
Yeah, I should not have posted that optimistically - sorry! I'd been guessing that the new version would be picked up quickly after we got the notice that F-Droid's build issues were fixed (this thread).

The F-Droid build process is somewhat opaque. As I understand it, it works like this:
  1. An app developer pushes a release tag to their app source code repository.
  2. F-Droid's checkupdates bot runs an automated scan to find new release tags, and updates the app's F-Droid metadata file accordingly.
  3. F-Droid's build server reads updated metadata files and generates the unsigned packaged release.
  4. Built packages are taken to an offline computer to be signed by F-Droid's key.
  5. Signed packages are brought back online and deployed to F-Droid's public repository.
Usually (as with the last 5 releases of AT), the dev team here controls step 1, and then F-Droid crunches through steps 2-5 within 48 hours or so. However, in this case:
  1. Nut pushed the v0.7.13 tag for AT on February 7th.
  2. F-Droid's bot updated AT's metadata for v0.7.13 on February 15th.
  3. AT's v0.7.13 package has not yet been built.
We're not alone in this. For example, another game I play from F-Droid's repository (a word puzzle game called Lexica) tagged a new release on February 5th, but their build was only published on March 1st. F-Droid doesn't offer insight into how the build queue is ordered, so there's not much to do on our side but wait (as unsatisfying as that can feel sometimes :) ).
Jane Sparrow
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Jane Sparrow »

Any idea when new version will be available?