v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Necklace of Vampire Lord

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Necklace of Vampire Lord

Post by Grim Reaper »

So i was thinking that it would be a cool to make necklace of undead actually useful in game without it being overpowered since its concept is pretty interesting to me personally. So what i had in mind is an additional quest(s) as well as a skill that would make a necklace of undead an interesting item. Quest(s) should of course be connected to undeads all over the map, ideas are welcome, i will be just explaining basic logic behind it. To access certain area(s) where quest(s) point you to go to u must have either necklace of undead or necklace of vampire lord equipped. So there should be some tomb door(s) that can be unlocked only with that necklace, would be cool if u r not allowed to remove the necklace while u r venturing the tomb. If you do, you get teleported outside and you have to restart. Here is the skill:

Vampiric Touch

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤCurrent level: ?/3
Gives +1 health points(HP) on every hit per skill lever. Starts Curse of the Undead Quest
(Or maybe a Questline instead, 1 level-1 quest, capped by amount of levels this skill has).
By completing quest(s) your necklace of undead will be upgrade to necklace of vampire lord.

To level this skill, you need at least 70 Health(base stats).

To level this skill, you need to be at least level level 30.

To level up this skill you need at least level 2 of Corpse Eater.

and heres the upgraded item:

Necklace of Vampire Lord
Blood flaws through the skull on the chains as it draws evil within you
Legendary
Category: Necklace

When equipped
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Lowers Attack cost by 1 AP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Raises Max HP +15
When hitting target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Restores 1-2 HP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Vampire Lord's Omen (3 rounds)
On every kill
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Restores 3-6 HP

effect Vampire Lord's Omen would do following:

‏‏Vampire Lord's Omen
Condition category: Spiritual
On every round
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ On source
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Restores 2-3 HP
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ On target
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Drains 3 HP
Effect gets canceled if target dies
Stacks once per target
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Necklace of Vampire Lord

Post by Antison »

First, I want to say that the Necklace of the Undead is not "useless". In fact, I have two heroes built around it.

Second, your proposed necklace is way to overpowered.
I'd drop the On target Drains 3 HP and the -1 AP attack cost

You're idea overall is a pretty interesting one. I'd like to hear more about the quest(s)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The HP restoration is way OP. 1-2+2-3 = 3-5 on every hit, with an additional 2-3 per round for 3 rounds even if you miss, and then 3-6 on kill.

We will not make starting a quest contingent upon having any particular skill.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 pm The HP restoration is way OP. 1-2+2-3 = 3-5 on every hit, with an additional 2-3 per round for 3 rounds even if you miss, and then 3-6 on kill.
Antison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:05 am Second, your proposed necklace is way to overpowered.
I'd drop the On target Drains 3 HP and the -1 AP attack cost
U r forced to give up 5 skill points total in compensation for that item you normally wouldnt take. you would have IF, increased accurary, damage or smth else entirely that would boost you equally, right? also, its not (1~2)+(2~3) on hit, its (1~2) on hit and (2~3) on start of your round, that seconda effect works like regeneration, but stacks if u r switching targets for each of ur hits ad expires once 3 turns passes or enemy is slain. it shouldnt stack on same target, it should just reset the duration. it would work like a DOT. And item should probably evolve on last level (third) which should happen on level 40 or 50, so it shouldnt be overpowered for that level (given that you can take vampiric touch at lvls 30, 40 and 50 or 30, 35, 40). This is more of an item you would want to see once new and harder content gets released. Balance wise, if you guys feel like it needs a little rework sure go for it. But keep in mind, when i thought of this item i posted it as an item u would be able to have at least at lvl 40, if not even later because i honestly love the idea behind that neck, so i wanna have a story built upon it. Honestly, i think you should do smth similar to several other items as u for an example did to RoLS.. making a mythic rarity would also be a thing and enabling only 1 mythic item equipped at a time which would be a slightly better than normal items u can get around which u would build ur char.
rijackson741 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 pm We will not make starting a quest contingent upon having any particular skill.
I can understand that would make a quest unsolvable for any build that is not using that very skill and u might be worry about critique of having an unsolvable quest. In my opinion, it would actually improve game by making people replay the game so that they can complete the quest. It would be interesting if we got more skill related quests besides one i suggested. It would make every playthrough unique and interesting, wouldnt it?
Antison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:05 am First, I want to say that the Necklace of the Undead is not "useless". In fact, I have two heroes built around it.
I meant in the long run, it falls off late game and cannot be measured to marrowtaint
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 pm its not (1~2)+(2~3) on hit, its (1~2) on hit and (2~3) on start of your round,
The condition will kick in immediately, in your current combat round, so you will get (1~2)+(2~3). After that, each combat round you will get (2~3).
Grim Reaper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 pm that seconda effect works like regeneration, but stacks if u r switching targets for each of ur hits ad expires once 3 turns passes or enemy is slain. it shouldnt stack on same target, it should just reset the duration.
It will continue after the enemy is slain, either for non-combat rounds or combat rounds. A condition can be stacking or non-stacking, but for a condition that is inflicted on you that is independent of whether you switch targets. The condition is inflicted on either the source or the target , but not half the condition on one, and half on the other. That would require two conditions.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

honestly if its hard to code the way i imaginated it would be best to drop it and use something else instead if anything, like a constant passive regen of 1-2 HP per round
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
GnortsmraSirum148
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by GnortsmraSirum148 »

wow, that is very valuable it's not even on the wiki! I really need it, since I only have Jewel of Fallhaven on.
gnortsmra, lvl 52
Vaugha's Shimmering Hat, Serpent's Hauberk, Jewel of Fallhaven, Balanced Steel Sword(x2), Ring of the Protector(x2), Heavy Iron Gloves, Vacor's Boots of Attack
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

GnortsmraSirum148 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:31 pm wow, that is very valuable it's not even on the wiki! I really need it, since I only have Jewel of Fallhaven on.
if -1 AP per attack gives you 1 more attack its probably better to get marrowtaint instead. To get it you need to finish the quest in top right side of the map, i forgot towns name. Side with the witch once you are given the option.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Grim Reaper wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:22 pm
GnortsmraSirum148 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:31 pm wow, that is very valuable it's not even on the wiki! I really need it, since I only have Jewel of Fallhaven on.
if -1 AP per attack gives you 1 more attack its probably better to get marrowtaint instead. To get it you need to finish the quest in top right side of the map, i forgot towns name. Side with the witch once you are given the option.
The town of Remgard. 👍
Jewel of Fallhaven purchase is another option, if you want to side with the town instead.
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2